Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
ayesinback
ayesinback
Posted at

let's see, first "role model":  Princess Tiger Lily from Disney's Peter Pan.  My parents liked entertaining their guests by asking the 3-yr old me what I wanted to be when I grew up - answer:  an indian princess.  I'm way more PC now

Jenny the cat.  http://www.amazon.com/Jenny-Cat-Club-Collection-Childrens/dp/1590170474
I was so in love with these stories!  got into a lot of trouble by hiding my lamp under my bedsheets to read them past bedtime.  Jenny was definitely a hero

My grandmother / Laura Ingalls Wilder.  The line was very blurred for me because my grandmother's name was Laura, she had a sister named Mary, they grew up in South Dakota, and she married a man whose last name was Ingle.  At 6, nee v. married plus spelling weren't significant differences to me.

Mary Poppins as pictured by Julie Andrews.  She could do Anything, and she was really pretty.

Bugs Bunny, Astro Boy, Fred Flinstone.  Actually, for a number of reasons (black hair, big belly, a yell-er) I thought my Dad just might be Fred when he wasn't inside the TV.  Note:  hated road runner.  I always felt sorry for the coyote.  still do

Gregory Peck as ultimate father, Irene Dunne as ultimate Mom

then later, in no particular order:  my Girl Scouts leader (she was Awesome!), Eleanor Roosevelt, John Lennon, Dag Hammarskjold – geez, tons others.

Posted at

I always found it funny that Gregory Peck was actually quite tall. :P

ayesinback
ayesinback
Posted at

Tantz Aerine wrote:
and gregarious?

bravo1102
bravo1102
Posted at

ayesinback wrote:
Tantz Aerine wrote:

and gregarious?
He was the same height and build as Abraham Lincoln.  That led to a lifelong ambition to play Lincoln which he finally did in the miniseries The Blue and the Grey.  You have never heard the Gettysburg Address read until you've heard Gregory Peck do it.  His delivery defines the word "gravitas"

Rockeign
Rockeign
Posted at

Mr. T.

On the A-Team he always looked after the kids and made sure they had guidance and his cartoon show taught me all the things my parents were too lazy to teach me. He even had TV specials giving kids guidance and stuff like that. I even met the guy and he is a really humble and great guy to be around. Even got an autograph out of the deal.

mlai
mlai
Posted at

These were characters/people that actually had my hero worship and influenced me in that manner, rather than just characters/people I liked to watch.
Actors, in order of worship:
1. Sean Connery (007)
2. Steve McQueen
3. Michael Biehn (Terminator, ALIENS)
4. Arnold Schwarzenegger
5. Patrick Stewart (Star Trek TNG)
6. Adrian Paul (Highlander TV series)
7. Young Jackie Chan
8. Vin Diesel in Pitch Black
Fictional characters, in order:
1. Optimus Prime
2. Solid Snake
3. Heathcliff (Wuthering Heights)
4. The Real Ghostbusters characters
5. Odysseus (Greek myths)
6. He-man
Sports personages, in order:
1. The Rock (he brought me back to WWF… for a good while)
2. Hoyce Gracie (early UFCs)
3. Mike Tyson (before his fall from grace) - He'd be higher if only he has a manly voice

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Odysseus was probably a real person tough… outside of the stuff in the Odyssey and the Iliad of course… well most of it anyway, in many ways the Odyssey is pretty realistic

mlai
mlai
Posted at

ozoneocean wrote:
in many ways the Odyssey is pretty realistic
I… don't think…
No.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Oh, not the giants or Athena showing up to help out every so often or Poseidon making storms etc, rather stuff about raiding the people of Cicones, the religious rights that Nestor and his people perform at Pylos, the games of the Phaeacians and thousands of other details. I find it more realistic than many modern so-called "non-fiction" biographies, but that's just me. :)

Hawk
Hawk
Posted at

Superman
Popeye
He-Man
Lion-O
Super Mario
The Ninja Turtles.

Hmmm…  as a kid all my heroes were entirely fictional.  Now they're all real people.  I wonder what it all means.

Byth1
Byth1
Posted at

Batman
Superman
Spider-Man
Green Lantern
Static Shock
So yeah, most of my life was spent behind a TV screen XD.

Allyndn
Allyndn
Posted at

In no particular order:

Spiderman
Batman
Luke Skywalker
Jesus

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.