Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
FormerDDer
FormerDDer
Posted at

Me? Write a script?

I don't think you guys could handle it. Really.

…. Or maybe you could.

Kroatz
Kroatz
Posted at

People should write something about their own comics and send that in. As long as the script is good enough it doesn't matter what the subject is. Everyone has their own stories to tell, the only reason you haven't written it down yet is because of either a lack of time or a lack of conviction.

gullas
gullas
Posted at

Everybody chill, I'm writing a script. It should be finished but this weekend or monday….

ayesinback
ayesinback
Posted at

One week

one WEEK  !

ONLY One Week!! remains to get your radio play script submitted, as an attachment, to drunkduck100@yahoo.com

Are you awesome?  be awesome now. send in a script.  get bona fide awesome accreditation.   right now, we have two bona fide awesome ducks

do it

Kroatz
Kroatz
Posted at

Aaaah!

Aaah!

I think it might be a good idea to NOT PANIC. Just start writing and… Aaah! Only one week left!

ayesinback
ayesinback
Posted at

Tomorrow!!

Last day to get your script in.  We do have some lovely scripts already, but do we have The Best?

Send it in!

ayesinback
ayesinback
Posted at

Only Hours remain.
Don't be a coulda woulda shoulda.  Send it in NOW!
your Czarina thanks you.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

No more new scripts????

These things are harrrrrd to organise and manage. I think we pretty much lucked out with the DD soap, that just all came together and people keep contributing (Bravo is the backbone of the story writing), but it still take a lot of work to keep it chuffing along.

Once upon a time I was seriously considering doing a PHD on creative online community projects.
Seriously. I was.
That was about 2002, or maybe 2003…
Should'a done it!

ayesinback
ayesinback
Posted at

*cue the theme from ROCKY, if you will*

Ladies and Gentlemen — Ducks of All Ages,

The Czarina is Thrilled to report that this year, the auspicious Year of The Dragon –  2012, we have not one script.  We have not two scripts.

No.  

Instead, we have, in full wondrous glory

scripts.   !!!!!

They have been securely sealed and delivered to the Panel of Judges.  What will they decide?  We can only wait and wonder.  wonder and wait.

it's so Exciting.  XDDDD

ayesinback
ayesinback
Posted at

Helloooooooooooo, good people and fowl of Drunk Duck!!

and artists.  Especially the artists. 

Please send in a cover for the 2012 Drunck Duck Radio Play.

just post here, and link to the cover and.  done.
thank you!

please – as you were

Kroatz
Kroatz
Posted at

Isn't it a much better Idea to wait until we know which Radioplay gets chosen before making a cover?

ayesinback
ayesinback
Posted at

It is regretfully apparent that Some utterly lack the ability to comprehend the magnitude of demands that The Czarina faces on a minute-to-minute basis.  Thank heavens!  the Czarina more than compensates for this lack, and proceeds.

First, The Czarina wishes to acknowledge the invaluable aid provided by her Most Esteemed Regent of State (of the Radio Play):  skoolmunkee.  Thanks to this Regent's timely posting, the 2012 DD Radio Play now has TWO covers

These artists, peers of the realm, The Czarina is pleased to name: Sir Roy and Sir Carl.

Additionally, BE IT KNOWN, Judge DeathKlaww has stepped down to frolick elsewhere.  Frolick as you will, former Judge.

Meantswhile, Judges 11th Hour, Eddie the R, Hahahahahaha, Unnamed, and Wet Dog are tirelessly hemming and hawing.  So expects The Czarina.  And their efforts will provide you, the fair and fowl of DD, with a 2012 Radio Play!!

stupid text editor > links > bullocks.  and according to Eddie Izzard, NOT dog bullocks.

ayesinback
ayesinback
Posted at

Judge Wet Dog has finished. The Czarina is pleased to have found a judge who so thoroughly considered each script.

We await the decisions of the rest of the panel.

*The Czarina finds it taxing to wait. Ah well*

ayesinback
ayesinback
Posted at

announcement on Wednesday.

ye ha   !!!!!!

FormerDDer
FormerDDer
Posted at

I wonder which character I'll be lending my voice to this time?

ayesinback
ayesinback
Posted at

NickyP wrote:
I wonder which character I'll be lending my voice to this time?

Well, Maxine McDuff is out, so you can stop practicing your falsetto.  XD

Yes!!

Tomorrow we will learn which one of our lauded Drunk Ducks will wear the 2012 DD Radio Play's Author's laurel wreath. Is it:

awsome owl 98,

Banes,

Gullas,

Gunwallace, or

Kroatz (and did he or did he not use a monomyth?)

And the need for The Judges anonymity has passed, so saith The Czarina.  Fine Judges, permit yourselves to be known!  (or don't.  The Czarina will be revealing your identities tomorrow as well)

Kroatz
Kroatz
Posted at

Things are getting exciting up in this place.

Banes
Banes
Posted at

What…no running commentary in this thread, ayes?

Sure, it's been announced on the main page, but what's wrong with a little redundancy? And for that matter, there's nothing wrong with a bit of redundancy while you're at it! :-D

I for one found it VERY satisfying this morning to go to my neighbors' and destroy all their son's playmobil toys!!

CATHARSIS. And nobody got hurt!

Er…oh.

Okay, I have to go to the toystore….

bravo1102
bravo1102
Posted at

Banes wrote:
I for one found it VERY satisfying this morning to go to my neighbors' and destroy all their son's playmobil toys!!

CATHARSIS. And nobody got hurt!

Er…oh.

Okay, I have to go to the toystore….
Thank god I didn't finish that script.  I'd hate to have had to kill you if you had tried to break my dolls, erm…toys. 

I'm just waiting for the winning script to be decided so maybe I can start a comic adaptation of one of the scripts that didn't win?  How about it?  Huh? Huh?

ayesinback
ayesinback
Posted at

Banes wrote:
What…no running commentary in this thread, ayes?

Sure, it's been announced on the main page, but what's wrong with a little redundancy? And for that matter, there's nothing wrong with a bit of redundancy while you're at it! :-D

Aw, thanks.  I think.  I have to admit that if redundant ramblings were ever an art form, I would be an artistic Genius!

So -  it's Great to see other people posting in here!  and just why have I not been running commentary?

Because I was converting the word doc into jpegs - and I've finished.  So - YES!

For All To Read and Enjoy,  The Czarina gives you (having received it from He Who Wears The Laurel Wreath):  The Duck Always Rings Twice

which is an even better title than what The Czarina erroneously cited in the news post (Sorry about that, Gunwallace!)

So read up everyone! Learn these characters.
On Friday the passages will be up for the voice try-outs and you'll want to know your character, won't you. XD

Banes
Banes
Posted at

Wha-? No, you were not being redundant or rambling at all! 

I WANTED you to! I was REQUESTING some redundant chatter!

…just in case folks miss the newsposts and stuff…and to get lively in this thread, now that I'm not being an anonymous script-submitter!

Hey, by the way ayes, big thanks for all that work with the organizing of scripts and judges and the converting of all those files and sending them and all that stuff!

…I know you have the lion's share of work still ahead of you, but mucho grazius for all the stuff you've done so far!

And congrats to Gunwallace!

Lookin' forward to reading this puppy tonight!

FormerDDer
FormerDDer
Posted at

Going to read this tomorrow. And start practicing my Maxwell McDuff.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Banes does a pretty great "NickyP", he'd be the perfect understudy. ;)

bravo1102
bravo1102
Posted at

We need Kenneth Mars.  He does the best comic German accent ever. Frenchie and now that's a role one can really dig ones' teeth into.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.