Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Two words:
Abt Nihil

Why go for a fake when we have the real thing?
I'd LOVE to hear him do an over the top version ^_^

bravo1102
bravo1102
Posted at

ozoneocean wrote:
Two words:
Abt Nihil

Why go for a fake when we have the real thing?
I'd LOVE to hear him do an over the top version ^_^
Because real Germans can't do funny German accents.  Compare Kenny Mars in Young Frankenstein with John Banner or Werner Kemperer in Hogan's Heroes. Someone who speaks in certain accent is not the best to do a broad comic interpretation of said accent.  Often they can't because their own dialect gets in the way because they are so used to hearing and interpreting the language that they can't wrap their mouths around an exaggerated comedic version.
There are a few exceptions but that's only after lots and lots of dialogue coaching.
We need Kenny Mars to coach Abt Nihil in how to do a funny German accent we might as well just get Kenny Mars. 

ayesinback
ayesinback
Posted at

Kenny Mars, Abt_Nihil and YOU, bravo, are all welcome to try-out!

HUGE OPEN door policy.  on the try-outs.  winning the role might be another thing.

FormerDDer
FormerDDer
Posted at

ozoneocean wrote:
Banes does a pretty great "NickyP", he'd be the perfect understudy. ;)
Yeah? I'm pretty curious to hear it now. Which quackcast was it? I haven't been keeping up with them for a month or two.

In the meantime, I'm liking this script. It's pretty funny!

Banes
Banes
Posted at

hahaha…thanks ozone.

It's in the last one or two quackcasts.

I know I'm psyched to try some voices! Waitin' with baited breath…are there specific scenes for the tryouts? Ayes is surely hard at work, like some feverish cookie-making elf, preparing all zee files and zee particularz!

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.