Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

And NOW: the Casting AND Artist Call for the 2012 DD Radio Play and Comic

Niccea
Niccea
Posted at

I I don't see what the consern is, bravo. Your dolls are super stars.  Incidently I have alreadyy completed my pages for The Duck Aways Walks the Dog Twice.

ayesinback
ayesinback
Posted at

Niccea wrote:
I I don't see what the consern is, bravo. Your dolls are super stars.  Incidently I have alreadyy completed my pages for The Duck Aways Walks the Dog Twice.

Again, the Empress speaks truly.  I am already in receipt of page 2!!

And concerning the proposition of:  Either bravo will do all the pages or the pages will be undone, my Dear and Trusted Captain of The Imperial Guard, I question the effectiveness of Cake Or Death tactics.

gene hole!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   so glad to "see" you again.  Page 3 is Yours!  however – please note that "page 3" (for the art) starts on page 2.  Please take a look and send either an email or PQ to let me know if you want to break it off at any certain point.  Thanks

more pages folks.  more pages!  lots more pages . . .

bravo1102
bravo1102
Posted at

ayesinback wrote:

And concerning the proposition of:  Either bravo will do all the pages or the pages will be undone, my Dear and Trusted Captain of The Imperial Guard, I question the effectiveness of Cake Or Death tactics.
You wouldn't say that if you'd ever tried to eat something I baked.  Death would be preferable to any cake I'd make.

And as the captain of the Imperial Guard must trust my judgement when it comes to threats.  I know many DDers who would rather slave over pages of art for long hours than be subjected to any comic illustrated with photos of dolls.

Banes
Banes
Posted at

nice to see (and hear) so many voices already! Hopefully we'll get some more!!!

FormerDDer
FormerDDer
Posted at

Is it just me, or is that kiwi site making all the sound clips sound.. hollow, or something? Like they're being spoken from tube. I know my recording didn't sound like that before, at least.

ayesinback
ayesinback
Posted at

NickyP wrote:
Is it just me, or is that kiwi site making all the sound clips sound.. hollow, or something? Like they're being spoken from tube. I know my recording didn't sound like that before, at least.
there is a bit of a hollow sound, but I suspect it might be caused more from converting the wma file to an mp3 format than from posting the file to the kiwi site.

rokulily
rokulily
Posted at

i'll chip in with any extra pages that needs doing!

ayesinback
ayesinback
Posted at

Roku sweetheart - that sounds like page 4 to me  <3

with maybe 14 in a holding pattern?

Banes
Banes
Posted at

I'll volunteer for page 7

ayesinback
ayesinback
Posted at

Excellent!  Thanks Banes and Gullas!

tylinn
tylinn
Posted at

If I may, I would like to do page 10. Though I'm not entirely sure about how this works! Are there references for what these guys all look like? And is there size dimentions to be aware of? Otherwise, this sounds like tons of fun! Maybe I'll even send in a voice!

FormerDDer
FormerDDer
Posted at

I'm not sure about the size and dimension, but basically, everything about the comic page is 100% up to your interpretation. The same story being told in a huge mix of different styles is what makes it fun! Design the characters however you want them! I remember in last years comic, someone designed Max McDuff with like a shoe for a head or something. I can't remember what, but I know it was goofy.

Also, you should totally try out for a part, tylinn! It's pretty fun, even if you don't win a role. And if you DO end up winning, then you get 3 minutes of fame on the site!

ayesinback
ayesinback
Posted at

Hey tylinn! and welcome!   Like NickyP said, just do your own thing:)

You can check out last year's comic to get an idea. All the dialogue in the comic was originally verbatim (nearly) script.  And please post any questions or comments. Like making fun of voice try-out Vera-01 (I know I do.)

More Radio Play News:  Huzzahs (and belated Happy Birthday) to GULLAS - who was the second artist to get his pages in.  Ah - the ways of the wikings.

And More:  The Captain of The Imperial Guard has suggested that those artists who have Ling on their page may like to have Ling wear a T-shirt or cap that reads  "U.S.S. Ling SS-29" as a running gag throughout The Duck Always Jokes Twice.
(The Captain has a proclivity for that which is military - but we already knew that, didn't we.)

gullas
gullas
Posted at

@Ayes, I guess it has something to do with the plundering side of me… can't stay too long on any one assignment, must plunder for moar. And thank you for the Huzzash!

ayesinback
ayesinback
Posted at

LAST CALL!

The Czarina reminds all ducks that Sunday is the last day to send in a voice try-out submission because on Monday  -Dun dun DUN -

the Voting Begins!

Who will be Which player in our fantastic The Duck Always Mambos Twice?  Well, you help decide!!  Yay!  beginning Monday.

PIT_FACE
PIT_FACE
Posted at

ill take one Ayes! just slap my name on whatever one works.

ayesinback
ayesinback
Posted at

PIT_FACE wrote:
ill take one Ayes! just slap my name on whatever one works.
FanTAStic!!  You are now the proud owner of page 15 - do with it as you will!

So, we still have a few orphan pages, folks.  It's not too late to be part of a super comic, and I mean super!

Skreem is the third artist to send in his finished page and -omg omg omg-  It's Great!  We only have a collection of three pages (from Niccea, Gullas, and Skreem) and the comic is already awesome!!

may I hear a WOOT?

Banes
Banes
Posted at

WOOF!

oh…i screwed up.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!

bravo1102
bravo1102
Posted at

I just love it when a plan comes together.
Only two pages left unclaimed.  
And the voting starts Monday for voices?  Tough one there.  Seems some links don't work as I keep getting "File not found"  Was it sabotage to keep some voices from being heard?

ayesinback
ayesinback
Posted at

My Dear Captain, this morning I was also experiencing difficulty. Chrome claimed it couldn't find the files.  bother!

So I uploaded the files to tindeck (which today I could do - whereas two weeks ago, nuh uh) and after I finished, then Chrome seemed to be able to find the kiwi files. 

So the Good Ducks of DD can choose to listen to the recordings via kiwi OR tindeck - because that's the kind of high class operation we have going on here. 

Tomorrow the voting begins!   happy listening, y'all

ayesinback
ayesinback
Posted at

The THINKABLE Has Happened!!

It's the first day of voting and The Czarina has already received two ballots! Thank you voters!
But - wait a minute - do these two have any taste? Any sensibilities? Any savoir faire?

Are you going to let Them decide the fate of the radio play actors? Are you going to abdicate your right to hear who you want to hear?

I don't think so. Because voting is SO Easy. Just copy this list -

Annabelle Acme:
Bill Duck:
Doctor Morose:
Frenchy:
Ling:
Maxwell Mcduff:
Narrator:
Professor Mallard:
Robber:
Vera Vavoom:

and then after the character name, give the number of the recording you are voting for.

Then PQ the list to me, or email it to drunkduck100@yahoo.com, or just post it right here.
And voice actors - and you know who you are - I strongly recommend that if you want a part, be sure to vote for yourself!

gullas
gullas
Posted at

anyone else having problems with the recordings? Becuase I only managed to listen to about a half of them before getting errors about not finding the recordings…

*edit*
 huh but now they all work? strange… strange one indeed. I think it could've been a connection problem from my half but oh, you never know…

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.