Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

And NOW: the Casting AND Artist Call for the 2012 DD Radio Play and Comic

FormerDDer
FormerDDer
Posted at

I didn't vote for myself last year, and I don't plan to do so this year either! :P Raise the roof for "fair and square," woot woot!

bravo1102
bravo1102
Posted at

The problem is by this point between the Quackcasts and last year's radio play some of us know know everyone's voice so not voting for oneself is hardly an issue. I know who is doing each voice merely from hearing them week after week on the Quackcast so it becomes not who is doing a voice but how they are doing it. 

And of course for me I have a predjudice against my own voice.

theorah
theorah
Posted at

**wobbles into the forum thread sleepily and just in time**
Sign me up for drawing page 14 AND 16!! whooo! I made it! XD
And I'll try wade through all the recordings too and vote in time @_@

ayesinback
ayesinback
Posted at

Yay!  Welcome to the merry band of artists, theorah!   Sunnylee has already agreed to adopt page 16 so, dear theorah, you can breathe life into page 14.  and I know you will  XD

And that means ALL of the pages have been adopted!!!!!  If The Czarina could be assured she wouldn't break her neck, she'd be cartwheeling down the street with mad joy!!

So - uh, yes,  generous artists:  please do not be shy about asking whether or not it makes sense to illustrate EXACTLY what's on your adopted page.  
I regret not going through and cleaning up widows/orphans before posting the pages, so on some pages it might make sense to have a top (or ending) line flow to another page if it's the end (or beginning) of a scene.

*we'llseehowthat goes* 

Yeah, the recordings.  I'm not very happy with kiwi6.  Out of the blue I experienced "file not found" only to have it found later.  I would have used tindeck from the beginning, but the day I first started posting the recordings, tindeck was having probs.  
SO - if you're having probs with the first list of links (the kiwi ones), there's a second listing of the same recordings that link to tindeck.  Hopefully one of the servers will be running smoothly when you want to listen to the voices.

But I'm delighted to report that FIVE have toughed it out and have both listened to the recordings AND sent in their votes.  Right now, there's only one clear "mandate" (and it may not be who you would presuppose . . .).  Otherwise, it looks like someone used a shotgun in the rifle range.

So - PLEASE send in your votes!

Your Czarina thanks you.

Banes
Banes
Posted at

Agreed with NickyP - didn't vote for myself either. There were so many choices for almost every role, which is great!

As far as recognition, I recognized some, was sort of sure about a few others, and had no clue with others. I tried not to think about it. Not thinking comes naturally, luckily…

This thing is exciting! Taking shape so quickly!

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

I'd like to vote… still too fricken busy though :(
I will be voting for myself exclusively, especially for all the most inappropriate roles!

Yeah, I really have an egotist, but I won't actually do that :)

ayesinback
ayesinback
Posted at

*sigh*

no votes today.

only a bunch of freakin tumbleweeds  (escapees from Townston, I believe)

Gunwallace
Gunwallace
Posted at

ayesinback wrote:
*sigh*

no votes today.

only a bunch of freakin tumbleweeds  (escapees from Townston, I believe)
I could vote a couple more times if that would help? ;-)

bravo1102
bravo1102
Posted at

The choices are really, really hard.  I listened to them again and again ever since they were uploaded trying to decide and even then it was down to the last minute, except for my entries of course they were out of the running the minute I recorded them.

ayesinback
ayesinback
Posted at

Okay!

I've tried to make it a little easier to listen to the recordings.  This:
http://tindeck.com/users/ayes2012
is the link to all of the recordings in one place.  It's not "perfect" because the recordings are listed in upload order, with first upload (Annabelle 1) on the bottom.   But if you copy the link in a separate browser window, then you won't have to go back and forth between two web sites.

Thanks VERY MUCH for the six voters who toughed it out with the kiwi site (ugh - that was a mistake; lesson learned).

And thanks to the cover artists, the judges, Gunwallace (our Auteur!), the comic artists, and voice contenders – you're a great group and this project is really shaping up into something FANTASTIC!

but it would be great to get some more votes

thanks in advance (and yes, this is a repeat of what I posted in the rant and moan)

Banes
Banes
Posted at

Hopefully more folks will vote!!

It doesn't take all that long!

C'mon folks! Stay involved…and remember…

The Duck Knows What you did Last Summer

ayesinback
ayesinback
Posted at

Okay.  We now have eight voters - still on the skimpy end of the spectrum.   But YAY to you eight!!

There's still time to get your votes in!   Up through end of day Friday 6 April.  And there's need.  Only one role has a clear favorite

Yes, Gunwallace,  I know you're willing to vote again.  thanks for that  :)  Maybe you can send your paladin out with that metal sword of his . . .

bravo1102
bravo1102
Posted at

I'll pass out some ballots in the local graveyards.  There are plenty of eligible voters buried in NJ.

Banes
Banes
Posted at

The voice auditions will be broadcast on tomorrow's Quackcast, I believe…get yer pens and papers ready and you can vote along with oz in "Mister Ozone's Neighborhood"!

Hey! That was my 100th post! Triple digits, yo!

ayesinback
ayesinback
Posted at

continiuing with the eight-vote-holding-pattern.   circling.     circling.

Yes - there's still time to get your votes in – up until end of day this Friday the 6th – but you don't Have to wait until then. 

And I remind those who tried out:  if you don't vote (for yourself and/or for the other contenders) then please don't be surprised to learn that others didn't vote, too.  Meaning:  at this point, with the votes we have in, there will definitely be some surprises . . .

ayesinback
ayesinback
Posted at

Gunwallace
Gunwallace
Posted at

ayesinback wrote:
… there will definitely be some surprises . . .
Surprises? Did I win all the roles despite not submitting an audition? Is the lead role to be played by a hoarse otter with a lisp?
Just what you talkin' 'bout, Czarina?

ayesinback
ayesinback
Posted at

Gunwallace wrote
 Surprises? Did I win all the roles despite not submitting an audition? Is the lead role to be played by a hoarse otter with a lisp?
Just what you talkin' 'bout, Czarina? 

Ah - He Who Wears The Laurel Wreath has a query.

Well, Stan. The other horse with a limp regretably trampled the otter, so that's one complication off the list

But perhaps the ducks don't realize that The Czarina's vote counts for 5. It could "sway" things when there's no obvious mandate from The People.

So far, we have only one mandate.

So smiles one durn capricious czarina.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Yeah… not many listen to the Quackcast anymore… -_-
Ah well, at least it's a good way of displaying those voices

gullas
gullas
Posted at

ozoneocean wrote:
Yeah… not many listen to the Quackcast anymore… -_-
Ah well, at least it's a good way of displaying those voices
Aw don't worry Ozone, I always listen to the QC. Can I cheer you up with a long and sloppy kiss? ;)

Kroatz
Kroatz
Posted at

I always listen to the QC as well, I just don't always comment or vote.

ayesinback
ayesinback
Posted at

CONGRATS to jody - our 10th voter!!   and a reminder:  Tomorrow is our deadline for votes.  
but HARK!   (read it or not, The Czarina is above such things -  it's not like he gives a hoot about the play.)  
Do I hear the far-off rumblings of a pending proclamation ?

(you know I do - tune in tomorrow  :-)

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.