Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
HippieVan
HippieVan
Posted at

What a coincidence - I, too, am a superhero! My power is that I can blind people 50 feet away with the glare reflecting off my skin.

This was taken in Montreal last summer, just got the photos back from my sister. For whatever reason I'm not very good at fake-smiling so I'm always pleased to see a photo like this where I actually look happy. :)

What a cute little ratty, by the way, usedbooks! Do you still have a few?

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

@Usebooks - I prefer the happy Usebooks with the shoulder rat and the snowy backdrop :)

@Hippy - Love the pose, the smile and the gigantic blue lizard! It's impossible not to comment on the way you're very neatly bisected there; legs and bust. That dress is keeping you together :D

usedbooks
usedbooks
Posted at

Just a few rat pics or the curious.

My two youngest boys (Tulio and Miguel) with their dad.

Some of my girls in the morning.

My males on a cold day.

Same males at dinner time. (Gunther, Jake, Stormo, Finn, Ziggy, and Rincewind)

For good measure, here is my cat Lily on her bunk in my camper.

Posted at

Those are some beautiful fancy rat pictures, usedbooks! My favorite are the white and brown females. It is also the first time I have seen a hairless rat (I have only seen naked molerats and Egyptian cats in person). I am very curious, have you ever named one of your pet rats "Nicodemus"?

usedbooks
usedbooks
Posted at

I haven't. They mostly have geeky anime or video game names. Jacuzzi is named from the series Baccano. Ziggy got his name from the game Xenosaga. I had a Muppets-themed litter a few years ago.

The rex (cury-coated) are my favorites. Tulio and Finn are rex and so is my oldest girl Nice (middle right in the girl picture). Hairless are fun to have around. They are very warm. The ones I have now are named Beemo and Simon.

Lonnehart
Lonnehart
Posted at

I've peeked into this thread on occasion, but this is my first comment in it I think…

Okay.  The rats are cute.  I'm surprised videos haven't been made of them.  Or I have yet to see them.  :)

And just a compliment… Kawaii definitely lives up to her username.  :)

HippieVan
HippieVan
Posted at

Lonnehart wrote:
Okay.  The rats are cute.  I'm surprised videos haven't been made of them.  Or I have yet to see them.  :)

Here's a video of my little guy Ringo. He loved making little kleenex nests for himself. :)
Probably not particularly interesting to anyone but me, though. I think I have a cuter video of him going mental for a honey drop somewhere.

Posted at

Hippie and usedbooks- your pet rat videos are incredibly adorable! I especially liked the fruit loop cereal used during treat time. The tissue nest was also cute. I hear they are very brilliant creatures. Also, do they really eat eggs?

HippieVan
HippieVan
Posted at

I don't know if I ever fed eggs to mine, but rats will kind of eat anything. I used to give Ringo scraps of just whatever I was eating (in addition to his regular food, of course).

usedbooks
usedbooks
Posted at

I give mine eggs when my yolk breaks. ;) They like gnawing bones too. Candy and carbs are their favorites. I used to have one I let roam my room (because she was nicely "housetrained" and didn't pee or chew things), and she'd find wrapped candy in my closets or drawers. She'd bring it to me and drop it in my lap to unwrap for her.

Chemically/phsiologically, rats are very similar to humans, which means they need and like the same kinds of foods. It's also why they are useful scientific models for dietary studies and a number of diseases.

Lonnehart
Lonnehart
Posted at

Heh… and I thought rabbits were cute.  Feeding the rats that breakfast cereal from the hand…. 
Now if only I could send over a large loaf of bread with holes cut into it so they can use it as a house and eat it too…  

Ever thought of making a fun webcomic about them? :)

Posted at

St. Patrick's Day, the one day of the year that I get to wear a green wig.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

That's getting into the spirit!

HippieVan
HippieVan
Posted at

Haha, awesome! I've never really celebrated St Patrick's day but the wig looks pretty fun.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

My great big skull badge…

bravo1102
bravo1102
Posted at

And braid and tassels, great outfit.  Add another skull to your cross belt?  Just to get a theme going.  Screw cosplay, I'm a HUSSAR!

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Thanks Bravo!
I certainly would put a skull on the crossbelt, but unfortunately it's an antique and my policy is not to modify antiques… That's fluid ground since the trousers and feather bonnet were genuine items too, but I consider those recent enough that it's ok.

I will have to get some leather, buckles, and extra wide silver metal tape (for the facing) and make my own recreation crossbelt that I feel more comfortable modifying!

-I've seen that exact crossbelt offerred for over $1000, saying it's late 1800s vatican gaurd, but I suspect this type is not as rare or old as some would claim and the true value shouldn't be more that $150. It may be Vatican, but my hunch is that it's from the 1950s. It's still relatively rare enough that I don't want to damage it though.

Lonnehart
Lonnehart
Posted at

Okay, everyone.  Start running away as fast as you can.  

Even took off my rather large glasses in hopes of appearing even more terrifying.  :)

HippieVan
HippieVan
Posted at

OMG! You look totally different from how I pictured you, Lonne. Not in a bad way or anything, though, haha. ^_^ 

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.