Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Hi Ho! It's 2013 and time to begin a new self pic thread so Post Away!!!!

Past pic threads:
2006(1) pic thread: https://next.theduckwebcomics.com/forum/topic/148123/?page=1

2006(2) to 2008: https://next.theduckwebcomics.com/forum/topic/158737/?page=1

2009 pic thread: https://next.theduckwebcomics.com/forum/topic/161895/?page=1

the 2010 pic thread: https://next.theduckwebcomics.com/forum/topic/162814/?page=1

The 2011 pic thread: https://next.theduckwebcomics.com/forum/topic/162814/?page=1

The 2012 pic thread: https://next.theduckwebcomics.com/forum/topic/174903/

Posted at

After almost 25 years I chopped off my hair when I was in county. I don't think it's been this short since I was in military school as a kid.

Every year I seem to look like another one of my characters. It's like…reverse Mary Sue.

gullas
gullas
Posted at

ozoneocean wrote:
First pic:

Woa, could've fooled me for a moment.

BffSatan
BffSatan
Posted at

Hey Girl, you come here oft… Oh, Ozone, uh, hi.

Anubis
Anubis
Posted at

And here, in the savanah we see… the artist… in its natural habitat

Posted at

My wife Hexx and I went to our daughter's school and read Dr. Seuss books today. She read The Lorax and I read Horton Hatches the Egg. We also got dressed up a little. Not as wacky as we were going to do initially, but there just wasn't enough time.

I knew with my outfit I'd get one particular question from the kids, and I figured (correctly) that it would primarily come from the boys. I'd painted my nails each a different color (orchid, deep red, bright red, indigo, purple, fuchsia, black, maroon, orange, turquoise), and almost every boy – and one girl – asked why I painted my nails. The first boy, sporting a mohawk, was the most outspoken. My response was, " 'Why' is a very good question. But sometimes asking 'why not' is even more important…because it can also be an answer. If it doesn't hurt anyone, why not?" His response? A shake of the head and a very pronounced  "yuck!"

I went and read my story, and afterwards another boy asked, "why do you have paint on your nails?" To which the outspoken boy looked at him and replied, "Why not?" :)

Yes, there is a tree-like thing coming out of my hat. It's Seuss…why not?

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Indeed, why not?
I like the purple knee patches. With the matching shirt it gives the impression you're wearing a purple jumpsuit under your outfit.
A superhero ready for action!

The Phantom!

Posted at

Heh. Never thought about it like that.  They're actually black and purple striped tights.
The Phantom is one of my favorites. I'm not certain if that's why purple is my favorite color if that's why the ghost who walks is one of my favorite characters.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

My fave character too! Awesome boots BTW.

This is me cosplaying my character Ace Kinkaid:

Not an exact match for his outfit, but close enough… WW2 canvas gaiters standing in for the WW1 style leather ones, grey East German police jodhpurs standing in for his khaki British military style ones, and a Swiss army bandelaro serving time as a gun belt.
Aaand my long curly dorky '80s rock hair tied up to make it look like his shaggy windswept hero-hair.

Posted at

Thanks. I love my 20-hole steelies.
And even if it isn't spot-on, your outfit comes out nicely. It's difficult to throw together stuff sometimes, even out of the things we create and I think you did a splendid job.
Hexx did make an outfit to dress up as one of my characters for our first Otakon years ago, and I have a picture from just a couple years ago when we got our first rats where I unententionally have this Sune vibe going on (our son named my rat Kariz, after the rat from my comic…so that just makes it stranger).
Family. Of. Geeks.

Posted at

Well this is what I got up to this weekend at the London MCM Expo.

bravo1102
bravo1102
Posted at

Awesome taste in clothes but you really need to do something about that skin condition. 

bravo1102
bravo1102
Posted at

A park with a lighthouse?  Cool.   Love a lady in uniform.

usedbooks
usedbooks
Posted at

Thanks. :) I work in the lighthouse, which has over 200 stairs. It's on an island, so I commute by boat everyday and am being trained to operate the boat myself. I'm getting all buff and tan. Heh.

PIT_FACE
PIT_FACE
Posted at

while you were all off having jobs i was KICKING MY FRIENDS!!!

Accidently.
and then i photoshopped my neice's face on Kerry King!

ayesinback
ayesinback
Posted at

Looking Good, Vickie! Hope that hat helps you find enough shade to stay cool.

and Pit, some times when I read one of your posts, can't help but think of this song:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRXt2A7inIU
I think they're singing to you, m'dear. And thanks for signing up for a page already!!

At some point I should make a picture and call it text editor so I have something to slap. or punch. kicking might work, too

bravo1102
bravo1102
Posted at

Here I am last year in all my uniformed glory.  Hope the glare from the top of my head doesn't blind you too much.
I've since grown a sparse and completely grey beard and look like nothing so much as an aging King John of England.  My smile is crooked because of the accident down the elevator shaft a few years back.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

@Call Me Tom -
Fricken groovy outfit man! Fashion model steampunk.

@Usedbooks -
Looking good! Love the Smokey Bear hat! Only YOU can stop forrest fires.

@Pit -
Typically brutal! Wild thing indeed. And that mutant rocker, hahahaha! You made a monster!

@Ayes -
Take some pics!!!!!

@Bravo -
Wow, SOOOOOO Groucho here. It's uncanny.

————————

Some holiday pics from my recent trip to Darwin over the weekend…
Met up with my good friend and sometime Pinky model there

usedbooks
usedbooks
Posted at

Those are great pics, ozone. She does look like Pinky.

Here's my first experience with 50 mph wind. (I lost my straw hat off the top of the lighthouse two days ago and had to buy a new one. :P I'm taking no risks with my NPS ball cap.)

And here's me kissing a rat. Because, why not.

PIT_FACE
PIT_FACE
Posted at

Oz-that IS Pinky, dont lie to us.
and Vicky- better than most of the rats i've kissed!
and thanks Ayes, though i'm not as much of a wild thing these days. 

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.