Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Kroatz
Kroatz
Posted at

To Ayesinback I think. You could just PQ an URL. I don't think I should post her e-mail here.

I'm really looking forward to the pages that Rokulily and Pit-Face are doing. They're ging to be awesome. 

Ironscarf
Ironscarf
Posted at

I'm really looking forward to seeing you top everything that came before with an awe inspiring concluding page: I know you won't let us down Kroatz!

No pressure.

Kroatz
Kroatz
Posted at

Ironscarf wrote:
I'm really looking forward to seeing you top everything that came before with an awe inspiring concluding page: I know you won't let us down Kroatz!

No pressure.
O_O

Well, there are going to be five pages from me this year so… I will at least try. 

ayesinback
ayesinback
Posted at

Ironscarf wrote:

No pressure.

Ha! The flying dutchman laughs at such paltry attempts on his nerves.

I have a challenge that might be harder than topping his established art magnifence.
Here we go: Kroatz – go find some more artists!
Suggestion: bring your Mafia rival into the radio play comic arena.

bwa ha ha HA!

Actually – some great news: skreem is joining the radio play comic band wagon once again (he'll be doing page 7. Rah!)

@bravo: btw, not that I don't want to see your dolls, but there's still way too many pages unclaimed.

ayesinback
ayesinback
Posted at

Incidentally - is anyone in touch with Locoma?  He did fantastic work on Duck and Quail and I'd love to invite him to do a page here, but it doesn't seem like he's updating comics anymore

*sigh*

Kroatz
Kroatz
Posted at

Do as I say, don't do as I do huh?

I dare Ayesinback to do a page.

No…

I DOUBLE DARE YOU. 

ayesinback
ayesinback
Posted at

Kroatz wrote:
Do as I say, don't do as I do huh?

I dare Ayesinback to do a page.

No…

I DOUBLE DARE YOU.

Darlin,
Sorry if the pages I Do do don't register with you, but I've always had pages in the comic (usually they're the intro ones).

I'm actually working on an FYC page right now (it's where my new avi is from). Yes, I intend it to do double-duty, but there is a page in progress, with probably another two to come.

Next?

Kroatz
Kroatz
Posted at

ayesinback wrote:
Darlin,
Sorry if the pages I Do do don't register with you, but I've always had pages in the comic (usually they're the intro ones).

I'm actually working on an FYC page right now (it's where my new avi is from). Yes, I intend it to do double-duty, but there is a page in progress, with probably another two to come.

Next?
But… But… You're not in the list. Now i have to actually try harder to get people to help in the efforts.

ayesinback
ayesinback
Posted at

Kroatz wrote:
But… You're not in the list. Now i have to actually try harder to get people to help in the efforts.

If I had the talent you have, I might include the pages I do in the list. But I don't, and I don't.

Now get out there, Sport, and see if you can round up some artists!

bravo1102
bravo1102
Posted at

ayesinback wrote:

@bravo: btw, not that I don't want to see your dolls, but there's still way too many pages unclaimed.
As of 10 June there are still nine pages unclaimed.  Way too much even for the dolls, it might have to be stick figures scribbled on notebook paper in the dark with a crayon. Oh wait that'd still get more readership than dolls… I can do nine pages with dolls.  A fate worse than death for anyone wanting to read it but I'll carry out this foul(fowl) crime to comics if more artists don't step forward!

Come forward or else the dolls shall rule!  Or maybe I'll go the petting zoo and take random pictures of ducks…

Ironscarf
Ironscarf
Posted at

I happen to love those dolls.

Not in a sordid way.

Kroatz
Kroatz
Posted at

I ALSO happen to love those dolls.

But in a sordid way. 

Ironscarf
Ironscarf
Posted at

I fully understand, but I'll never cheat on Bratz Catz Meygan.

And while we're on the subject of gorgeous figures , is there a particular page size we're supposed to be working to on this project?

ayesinback
ayesinback
Posted at

Hey Ironscarf - sounds ike you're rolling up your sleeves.  :)

I generally try to standardize the pages, going for a pixel width between 725 and 825 (I think the site's max is 950).  Sometimes the art suffers from an enlargement, so I can't go tooo far.  And if someone sends in a 1000 width, I'll downsize it.  As for length, take as long as you need.  (ba bump bump)

Except for one case, I don't touch the art.  But SOMEBODY sent in an image last year that challenged the E rating.  So I suggested a slight revision to the artist, the artist agreed, and that was that. 

I don't believe in a lot of rules.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

I read through the PDF you sent me Ayes and there were pages missing…
Anyway, please sing me up for any page that is not currently assigned. Just ONE page mind you, but any of them, it doesn't matter which :)

bravo1102
bravo1102
Posted at

Kroatz/Ironscarf wrote:
I ALSO happen to love those dolls.

But/not in a sordid way.
Sure you do.  Don't patronize the captain of the Imperial Guard.  He's pretty stupid and creates the lowest of all comic forms (photo comics illustrated with action figures) but he's not gullible.

So should I use my Harrison Ford figure to play Maxwell McDuff or Bill Duck. decisions, decisions.  Still eight pages left…

ayesinback
ayesinback
Posted at

ozoneocean wrote:
I read through the PDF you sent me Ayes and there were pages missing…
Anyway, please sing me up for any page that is not currently assigned. Just ONE page mind you, but any of them, it doesn't matter which :)
Please check your email

Thanks!

Kroatz
Kroatz
Posted at

bravo1102 wrote:
Sure you do.  Don't patronize the captain of the Imperial Guard.  He's pretty stupid and creates the lowest of all comic forms (photo comics illustrated with action figures) but he's not gullible.

Sprite comics are the lowest comic form, not action figure comics. 

BffSatan
BffSatan
Posted at

I'll do a page. Don't mind which one.

ayesinback
ayesinback
Posted at

Thanks, BffSatan!

I've given you page 9, and ozoneocean will be doing page 15. WooHoo! only seven pages unclaimed now – although still too many for The Whilom Captain of the Imperial Guard. Yes, whilom. Have we forgotten the following?

bravo1102 wrote:
———-
ayesinback wrote:
As for the promotion:  An Imperial Proclamation!

Be It Known That

He, one bravo1102, formerly Captain of The Imperial Guard, esteemed for his artistry, ever prompt in responding to the calls for aid from his Czarina, untiring in his devotion, is this day recognized with an elevation in rank to Major General of The Imperial Guard.  (regretably, The Czarina has a limited budget).
———-
 I thank her Imperial Majesty for her kindness in bestowing this exhaulted rank upon me and I shall do my utmost to fulfill my duties.  
However let me make it clear that as a major general of the Imperial Guard that doesn't include singing Gilbert and Sullivan and especially any fast-talking number from Pirates of Penzance.   Thank you.

bravo1102
bravo1102
Posted at

Kroatz wrote:
bravo1102 wrote:

Can't disagree but they seem to attract readers like flies on dung.

Anybody know a  detective game I can use for characters for DD RADIO PLAY the sprite comic?

Kroatz
Kroatz
Posted at

bravo1102 wrote:
Kroatz wrote:
bravo1102 wrote:

Can't disagree but they seem to attract readers like flies on dung. 

Anybody know a  detective game I can use for characters for DD RADIO PLAY the sprite comic?
Just recolor some Sonic or Mario sprites, that's what most incompetents do.
If I had some more time I might actually choose to do another page and try to show people the difference between pixel art and Sprites. That might be cool as well. (But I don't have enough time for even more pages…) 

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.