Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Ironscarf
Ironscarf
Posted at

Hippie Van wrote:
I don't think your comparison is spot-on, gene hole. The difference is that they did not have subsequent scenes using different actors and different interpretations but which made up a larger narrative and then would be shown to an audience who was meant to understand the story as a whole. Can you imagine how that would turn out? The spacemen would turn into an old married couple, then two burglars, and so on. The audience would have no idea what was going on. If, on the other hand, each character was identifiable throughout the different interpretations despite other differences, the story would work just fine.

I agree with Hippies Van's sage like wisdom: improv excercises have their place, but that place is not in front of an audience. If I go to see The Scottish Play for instance, I want to see the same Scottish fellow in every scene, not a different selection of Scotsmen and women - call me old fashioned if you will.

Thanks ayes: the only difficult part was trying to squeeze in the Four Tops - I had to settle for a lone Levi Stubbs in the end.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Continuity of appearance is overrated. :D

bravo1102
bravo1102
Posted at

ayesinback wrote:

Maybe.  Ordinarily the Major General leads the parade.  But he seems to be MIA

—just who WAS the one who busted the site for 24 hours, anyway?
Another instance of the Bravo Bug!  Bru-hahahahahahaha!

Actually my promotion has gone to my head and I'm taking it easy hoping and praying that four more people come forward so I don't have to do any pages this year.

ayesinback
ayesinback
Posted at

bravo1102 wrote:
… hoping and praying that four more people come forward so I don't have to do any pages this year.

First the death of James Gandolfini – and now this betrayal from a fellow Jerseyan.

Other than requesting a news item, I have pretty much exhausted my sources – Even submitting an FYC page in the Awards Comic without garnering a single nibble. That's where we are, Captain (you've been demoted).

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Hook me up with another page.
I can be a hero :)

Ironscarf
Ironscarf
Posted at

Never in the field of humourous comicscript was so much owed by so many to so few.

HippieVan
HippieVan
Posted at

How many pages still need to be claimed?

ayesinback
ayesinback
Posted at

ozoneocean is doing another page so that leaves pages 17, 18 and 21 up for grabs.

bravo1102
bravo1102
Posted at

ayesinback wrote:
First the death of James Gandolfini – and now this betrayal from a fellow Jerseyan.
Other than requesting a news item, I have pretty much exhausted my sources – Even submitting an FYC page in the Awards Comic without garnering a single nibble. That's where we are, Captain (you've been demoted).

Thank you, I hate gold braid.  Fellow soldiers let us celebrate!  

Look at that I sacrifice my promotion and two people come forward to do extra pages!

bravo1102
bravo1102
Posted at

And for the record as of this second I claim pages 17 and 18 as my own.

ayesinback
ayesinback
Posted at

Precisely, Private Ironscarf:  the Captain took two pages, and Niccea is a college graduate, brilliant at math, who realizes there is still one page, page 21 to be specific, yet unclaimed.

First to claim it gets an award!! And the award is page 21.  #keepsthingstidy

btw:   the goal is to start uploading pages this Sunday (one per day, although I might need some guidance in doing that "upload while you're away" feature).

The thing is:  we have some well-intentioned artists (I'm included) who don't know if they're going to make that date.  We'll hope for the best.

ayesinback
ayesinback
Posted at

Niccea wrote:
I want it? (21)
And Niccea claims the last page available.   Woot!  We have a complete comic — in the works.

ayesinback
ayesinback
Posted at

Page update:

Half of the pages (some involving multiple pages) have been received.  Thank you, good ducks!

Some of you have been in contact and have let me know that it's in the works.  Thank you, good ducks.

And then,  Then there are the other ducks (ODs).  ODs:  I need your pages SOON SOON SOON

HippieVan
HippieVan
Posted at

I am super excited to see everyone's pages!

bravo1102
bravo1102
Posted at

Penciled, inked, scanned.  Just need to color and compose the pages.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

I have page 16 a and b (split into two) all roughed out but I haven't had the chance to draw it up nicely yet, life has been pulling me in far too many directions this week :(

ayesinback
ayesinback
Posted at

Hippie Van wrote:
I am super excited to see everyone's pages!
XD
Well, the cover's up!  And ANY DAY NOW, I expect to receive pages 1 and 2.

Thanks for the update bravo and ozone.  Still need to hear from a couple more peeps.

bravo1102
bravo1102
Posted at

I was nearly the last to claim pages and I just handed mine in.  So show a sense of purpose people and get those pages in.  A little alacrity people!

Posted at

The dead line is Nigh!

I have alrady taken all of Schoolmonkey's pages from her and drawn them in her place! Dread that I do the same to you to!

ayesinback
ayesinback
Posted at

Yup.  Some dawdlers this year.

But - Hey!  How about that Call Me Tom ?  Jumps right in and rescues a stalled comic like some kind of cape-wearing comic rescuer.  What a guy!  What a Duck!  Thanks, Tom!!

btw:  I thought everyone who had claimed a page had downloaded it by the deadline date, but I learned I was wrong.  So if you still need your page, check the links below. (Doesn't really apply to page 13 since most of that is in, but, you know, thoroughness.)

page 4
page 6
page 9
page 11
page 13
page 16
page 21

************************************** This Just In!

We have two artists for one of the above pages.  Will they both submit?  Will neither submit?
AAaahhhh the anticipation is killing at times.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.