Comic Talk and General Discussion *
KimLuster
KimLuster
Posted at

Well at least she didn't take her ball and go home :D

Luccia
Luccia
Posted at

You look like you're holding the earth. You are hardcore! Imma call you Atlas. 

Posted at

It looks like you're holding the earth post-global-warming. That's Africa after sea levels have risen several meters…

Luccia
Luccia
Posted at

And this is going to be your new friend. Say hello, Florence.
Florence: Surprise, Duckers! 

bravo1102
bravo1102
Posted at

Oh no, it's Cookie Monster's mother-in-law!  That is really good. 

tupapayon
tupapayon
Posted at

Nice to meet you Florence…. so it turns out it looks like I've got the whole world in my hands…

Luccia
Luccia
Posted at

@bravo1102: It really does look Cookie Monster! The octopus version. It squeaks, too =D 

Posted at

I was in in Europe for almost three weeks in May (thus my absence.. and then..some) This is my favorite pic from the trip! Got to wear BIG CLOGS when you are in the Netherlands, right!!!

Posted at

You could probably walk on water in those things! It can be a whole new sport

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Your big shoes look fantastic!
You must have been in Europe around the time I was there Ashtree? except I was in Greece and Serbia. :)

A leaher jacket was my choice of travelwear too. Totally useless in steamy Greece but a sudden cold spell hit Serbia while I was there so it was a god-send!

tupapayon
tupapayon
Posted at

That reminds me of the Tulip Time festival in Holland, MI… it'd be fun to see some of those Dutch dancers using shoes like that…

Posted at

ozoneocean wrote:
Your big shoes look fantastic!
You must have been in Europe around the time I was there Ashtree? except I was in Greece and Serbia. :)

A leaher jacket was my choice of travelwear too. Totally useless in steamy Greece but a sudden cold spell hit Serbia while I was there so it was a god-send!
I very well may have been! I was in Amsterdam, Berlin and Prague though.
Leather jackets are the best for travel, but it was actually quite cool when I was in Amsterdam, I was really hoping I didn't need it!

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

The weather you had in Amsterdam might be related to what happened to the weather I expereinced in Serbia! Everyone there said it was unseasonably cold, that it should normally have been boiling hot just then. INTERESTING! ^_^

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

The photo thread is pretty neglected…

COSTUME PICS!!!!!

I am zee Pussian Field Marshal Ozone Von Ocean.

Ah'm gonna buy up all yer land and put a railroad through it an' there ain't nuthin' you kin do about it!

The Man Who Was Thursday

tupapayon
tupapayon
Posted at

@OzoneOcean: Hey!… those look great… very authentic looking… gotta get me a custom… any suggestions?…

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Thanks man! :D

My advice with a costume would be to work with what you have and try and build on that- go through your gear and look for interesting and unusual items and see what they sugest to you:
Like a waistcoat/vest that looks a bit piratical for example. Wear that with a white lon sleave  buttonup shirt, unbuttoned low. Wear loose trousers or even sweatpants, no shoes, and tie a bandanna over your head, ties a scarf around your waist belted over the shirt and you get a pirate!

You can build on that by getting a shirt with looser, wider sleaves. Get better trousers that fit the look more, Make a wide baldric style belt to wear over your shoulder, get a sabre to stand in for a cutlass to hand from the baldric (down by your waist), get a wide brim cowboy style hat and fold up the brim on three sides to make a tricorn pirate hat…and so on.

That's just an example.

Niccea
Niccea
Posted at

I tried cosplaying as Clara Oswald from Dr Who a couple of weeks ago. An excercise against laziness for me because my name is already Clara.

My husband went as the 10th Doctor.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

That's so cool Niccea, you look great! :D

KimLuster
KimLuster
Posted at

Haha love it - you guys are so flamboyant and photogenic!!

tupapayon
tupapayon
Posted at

So now we all have to come up with awesome customes… challenge accepted!…

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

I reccon that future Quackcasts will all have at least a 10 minute video portion in full costume. That includes interviews. And the interviewee will have to get dressed up too. :D

HippieVan
HippieVan
Posted at

I've been using Halloween as an excuse to wear all my out-there lipsticks all week! Here's purple. Dark blue and dark green also happened, but I didn't have the nerve for lime green(why do I even own you, lime green lipstick).

Also check out the awesome Frida Kahlo necklace that I found in a thrift store! It's my new favourite thing.

Peipei
Peipei
Posted at

Soooo i've been wanting to contribute more to this thread for a very long time but I haven't been taking a lot of pics lately since this past July :S I did get a picture taken of my back side on Halloween yesterday though while being interviewed after a panel at Comikaze Con! Hahaha! note* I'm the one on the far left in the white wig and pink flowery yukatta! :D

bravo1102
bravo1102
Posted at

Candy corn earrings and white wigs. I'm in Halloween heaven.  No dress up for me unless you count my "kill me first" security guard uniform. 

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.