Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

I know, right!? I don't want to go back to that.

Genejoke
Genejoke
Posted at

It seems Alan Rickman now joins Bowie in club 69. Damn. 

Posted at

Blast it all! Severus Snape, I cried for your death once, now I will be sad for Alan Rickman.

Did anyone notice the announcements for Bowie and Rickman's deaths were nearly identical? I guess it is time to watch Bowie's Lazarus music video another three times.

Lonnehart
Lonnehart
Posted at

Nobody lasts forever.  I thought Leonard Nimoy could hang in there for a bit longer.  But it's a relief he passed on when he did.  I imagine COPD is not a pleasant experience…

Still, it'd be nice to live forever.  Even if it could mean centuries of boredom (in which case I'd invent tech that would let us sleep for a very long time)…

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Living forever and not aging would be amqzing. Even WITH boredom it would be cool! It'd be even better actually because you wouldn't have some nigling annoying feeling that you should really be doing something else because you have limited time, just revel in it instead and spend a whole month or year in bed lazing away. 
Awesome.

That said, I'm turning off the net on my phone and going back to sleep.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Your ship is captained by Panthro. The most badass of the Thundercats!

—————

We will have stats on this site, PQ notifications, forum fixes, and comic links will be fixed.

Now I just have to raise the cash to pay for that so it's not all coming out of my own pocket.
…These are features this site should've had 5 or six YEARS ago.  grrrr…

Genejoke
Genejoke
Posted at

When does the indie gogo thing start and how long for? 

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

As soon as I finish writing it up. I haven't had time yet because I'm doing the Quackcast stuff and that takes all evening. It should be done by tomorrow and it'll go for 60 days which is the maximum they can run for.

Lonnehart
Lonnehart
Posted at

ozoneocean wrote:
Your ship is captained by Panthro. The most badass of the Thundercats!

—————

We will have stats on this site, PQ notifications, forum fixes, and comic links will be fixed.

Now I just have to raise the cash to pay for that so it's not all coming out of my own pocket.
…These are features this site should've had 5 or six YEARS ago.  grrrr…
If only he could be like Panthro.  No… this cat is more a soldier than an engineer.  However, I COULD create an engineer named P'nthro.  Caitian names are hard to work with…

It would be nice to see those features come back to DD.  I just wish you didn't have to pay for any of this out of your own pocket.  I thought being bought by Platinum was supposed to solve those financial issues…

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Nice. Panthera is the best :D

————–

Our Indiegogo funding drive is NOW live:
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/drunk-duck-webcomics-improvement-drive/x/4410947#/

Help fund us there.
We'll add more perks for doners as we think of them as as we get artists to agree to them like commissions, cameos in comics, custom wallpapers, sketch cards, original donated art and so on.

You can already get cool stuff like your own Quackcast interview, Ads in our Project Wonderful space, Mentions in the newsposts, your very OWN featured newspost just promoting you alone and much more.

bravo1102
bravo1102
Posted at

That is awesome.  I somehow got the wife to agree to the money put out for the DD awards ads, let's see what I can manage this time around.

And the more I look at Patreon the better it looks. But I am still at a loss for perks to offer.

Genejoke
Genejoke
Posted at

Sadly my finances are pants at present so my contributions will be on the small side. Ah well, can't be helped at the moment.  

Posted at

Right now I'm watching paint dry.

Spolier it is boring!

bravo1102
bravo1102
Posted at

Call Me Tom wrote:
Right now I'm watching paint dry.

Spolier it is boring!
As a model builder I do that daily. Even watching the transition from wet paint to flat finish gets dull after awhile.

(That's a pun. Flat finishes are called dull coats. One of the best selling clear flat finishes is Testors DullCoate, rimshot)

Posted at

ozoneocean wrote:
Nice. Panthera is the best :D

————–

Our Indiegogo funding drive is NOW live:
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/drunk-duck-webcomics-improvement-drive/x/4410947#/

Help fund us there.
We'll add more perks for doners as we think of them as as we get artists to agree to them like commissions, cameos in comics, custom wallpapers, sketch cards, original donated art and so on.

You can already get cool stuff like your own Quackcast interview, Ads in our Project Wonderful space, Mentions in the newsposts, your very OWN featured newspost just promoting you alone and much more.
I don't even need any perks, I am just happy to help! I contributed and would like to have done more but dat USD-CAD dollar -_-;; 

HippieVan
HippieVan
Posted at

ashtree house wrote:

I don't even need any perks, I am just happy to help! I contributed and would like to have done more but dat USD-CAD dollar -_-;;
Ugh I know what you mean. Every time I make a purchase in USD I have to avert my eyes to avoid the sad reality of the conversion rate.

Posted at

1.00 USD = 1.46 CAD

California has been very nice to me.

Gas prices were at $2.499 a gallon when I went to the pump.

Minimum wage starts at $10.00/hour as of January 1, 2016.

==

This evening, I went to the library store and the elderly lady who was working there had a magazine open. I noticed it was two human figure outlines in several different compromising sexual positions. As soon as I saw it, she picked up the magazine and started concealing the pages. I do not know what is more awkward, the fact that I caught the granny reading adult material at the library or that the granny was reading it in the first place!

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Thanks guys!
Wow, the Australian dollar is worth the same as the Canadian dollar! Hahaha!

There were to.es when we were worth more than the US, but conservative governments here tend to push the value if the dollar down so resource exports are more attractive to overseas buyers so the ultra rich mining barons can get richer.

Every bit helps!

bravo1102
bravo1102
Posted at

Canadian dollars to US depresses you? Don't even look at the conversion to the Euro. 

Genejoke
Genejoke
Posted at

Then in comparison I am loaded with the almighty £ mwahahahahaha ha! 

bravo1102
bravo1102
Posted at

You guys really get cheated in the UK.  Not only the VAT but a special of 2 for £15.99 is 2 for $ 15.99 in the USA as this stupid obnoxious American tourist discovered.  

But I  did make sure to support the local hobby shop in Worcester.  Where an Airfix model costs £5.95 that costs $5.95 in the USA.  I sense a pattern here.

Genejoke
Genejoke
Posted at

Yeah that seems spot on. But it's good when I'm buying digitally from us stores.  

bravo1102
bravo1102
Posted at

The Hong Kong currency is strong against the Euro so at times it's cheaper to buy European goods from Asia. For a while the Canadian dollar was stronger than the US dollar with the Euro so I would get European kits through Canada. Now that's changed a little and I only need to get Asian kits from Asia.  And sometimes I would ship them to builders in Europe who could not get them. But with increased postage it's not worth it anymore. 

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.