Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
bravo1102
bravo1102
Posted at

Try third degree sunburn. Wear bandages with lotion for two weeks and just don't touch it or even look at it.
Change the bandages, put the cream on it and nothing else. Talk about tender.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Ugh… There really should be criminal penalties for anyone who pedals fake health rumours and tries to sell fake cancer cures. It's not buyer beware it's murder.

A friend of mine has an ovarian tumour and she's now decided to avoid sugar because she thinks it'll prevent the cancer growing and avoid an operation… She thinks Candida has something to do with cancer. Jeeeeeez… That was a rumour started by a moron.
Makes me feel so powerless and angry.

Pseudo health crap is criminal.

Posted at

Ozoneocean wrote:

A friend of mine has an ovarian tumour and she's now decided to avoid sugar because she thinks it'll prevent the cancer growing and avoid an operation…

Sorry to hear about this. I hope for the best for your friend.

==

Has anyone been to the movies lately? I was scrolling through the kiosk for shows this week and it turns out:
-Star Trek: (Part II) The Wrath of Khan is celebrating its 40th Anniversary tomorrow (Sunday, September 4)
-Clerks III is going to be in theaters mid-September
-Mother Theresa has a new biopic
-A new David Bowie biopic is on the horizon

The mall now has a Bitcoin ATM, and all I could think was, “Is this the Future?”

Posted at

((pants slowly))

For nearly two hours, I went on a crazy road trip because I got lost trying to drive myself to the Walmart my family usually get groceries from.

You wanna know how I got lost? I turned off my mobile data while my phone's GPS was trying to guide me there.

I think I'll stick with online delivery for a week, unless I go with someone towards that grocery store. Despite me not going there, what I've been through today was 'driver's experience' enough. Also, me and the car made it home safely. I'm going to relax and sleep now.
Phew!

Posted at

ThrisbyDude wrote:
((pants slowly))

For nearly two hours, I went on a crazy road trip because I got lost trying to drive myself to the Walmart my family usually get groceries from.

You wanna know how I got lost? I turned off my mobile data while my phone's GPS was trying to guide me there.

I think I'll stick with online delivery for a week, unless I go with someone towards that grocery store. Despite me not going there, what I've been through today was 'driver's experience' enough. Also, me and the car made it home safely. I'm going to relax and sleep now.
Phew!

I am glad you made it back home safely. Two hours on the road? Would it have taken less time to walk to Walmart?

Posted at

It's 30 minutes away from my area, and it's the perfect location.
I don't think it can be worth walking or hitchhiking over there. LOL.

Genejoke
Genejoke
Posted at

Thats a bonkers track, it'll be interesting to hear the finished song.

elektro
elektro
Posted at

Basically, I wanted to let my inner prog nerd out. I've always wanted to make something in the vein of 2112, Light of Day Day of Darkness, Jack Luminous, Lamb Lies Down on Broadway, Operation: Mindcrime, you get the idea. Guess I needed some real inspiration to do so. Hell, before I even recorded a note, I made a character sheet and plot synopsis, like I was writing a comic.

Genejoke
Genejoke
Posted at

Yeah I definitely got the comic vibe, as well as some suicidal tendencies feel and it reminded me of not now james we're busy by PWEI.

Posted at

Uh oh! Guess what day it is! Guess what day it is!

Mike-Mike-Mike-Mike-Mike! What day is it Mike?

No, not Hump Day. . . .

Ironscarf
Ironscarf
Posted at

That takes me back to the year I joined the site. Everyone had impressive pirate avatars and they were going overboard with salty sea chat any jolly Jack tar would be proud of. Like an unwalked plank I was left high and dry.

The following year I swore an oath on Davy Jones' locker to be prepared. I sailed in with me hook, pirate phrase book and parrot shouldered avatar, ready for some jolly rodgering and what should I encounter to port and starboard?
Not so much as a peep from a crusty hornpipe. It was so quiet you could've heard a bilge rat farting in a crow's nest.

elektro
elektro
Posted at

I've been making more progress on the Mr. Petersik song, and am just a little more than half-way finished. If you've got almost 20 minutes to kill, check it out below.

Buskers - Mr. Petersik (Further Progress)

As a bonus, I've made an album cover/poster for this next album. I was originally going to call it something else, but since Mr. Petersik has become the dominating song of this album, I decided to title the album that.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Good artwork man ^_^

Jeepers creepers! I'm trying to do the Quackcast editing and I'm just blooping off into sleep and dreams every 30 seconds. It's like when you've had a lot of codeine, but without the "wrapped cotton wool" sensation of being separated from everything.
I don't get it. I've had enough sleep… This room should have enough ventilation too.
Maybe I need to measure the oxygen in here?

Ironscarf
Ironscarf
Posted at

That sounds worrying. Could there be a carbon monoxide issue?

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Ironscarf wrote:
That sounds worrying. Could there be a carbon monoxide issue?
It's possible! I think I'll pop a window next time and order an oxygen meter.

bravo1102
bravo1102
Posted at

CO detectors are mandatory in homes in NJ. Had it go off once and had to ventilate the house and call in someone to sniff it out and fix it. It was the boiler.

lothar
lothar
Posted at

Yesterday North Korea launched a missile over us. Everyone went about their day like it was no big deal. Am I the crazy one?

bravo1102
bravo1102
Posted at

North Korea launches a missile, the military goes on alert. The missile is tracked and the anti-missile weapons are ready. The trajectory ends up going in the ocean and the defense forces stand down.

Everyone did their job and very well too. What honestly could you have done about it? Maybe an umbrella for falling debris? A hard hat?

Stay hunkered in a bunker all day?

I have a leaky roof at work and falling ceiling tiles. That I can do something about. A missile? No. Roof repair and fix the lights. Yes.

And I still have the damage to my new car and that infected tooth. Don't know but my plate is pretty full. I'll let the triple A guys worry about the missile. *triple A: Anti Aircraft Artillery.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

bravo1102 wrote:
Roof repair and fix the lights. Yes.

Make sure you don't go with the cheapest option for the roof XD
Jeez, the back roof stated leaking in the rain a few month ago during winter here and I got up to fix it myself. Finding that leak was a NIGHTMARE! I'd spend HOURS up there in the cold wind taping up every crack with expensive aluminium flashing tape, Only to have it leak like nothing happened during the next rain storm.

This went on for weeks. I eventually taped up and pasted silicone sealer on every single conceivable AND inconceivable ingress point and finally solved the issue. The roof is nice and neat too- not a sticky mess.
I'm an artist so I know how to do a god job.

Teeth… it's painkillers for me and antibiotics if the pain gets to bad haha. Dentist is the last resort.

Lothar is in Japan so NK is a huge worry there.

lothar
lothar
Posted at

Ozoneocean wrote:

Lothar is in Japan so NK is a huge worry there.

I was pretty close to the flight path too. I got an alert on my phone telling people there was a missile heading our way and to seek shelter. hahahahah … ok, guess I'll hide under the kitchen table. after about ten minutes they sent another message that it had passed and landed in the pacific.

Posted at

lothar wrote:
Yesterday North Korea launched a missile over us. Everyone went about their day like it was no big deal. Am I the crazy one?
Not necessarily. Here in America, we've become so desensitized to the senseless gun violence that certain politicians of ours continue to perpetuate in our country, that to hear about another mass shooting on our news is like just another day to us anymore.

bravo1102
bravo1102
Posted at

The last few mass shootings revealed how poorly trained and unmotivated some law enforcement is when faced with a well armed adversary. Don't sit there watching those videos with a retired cop from an inner city neighborhood. He'll rant at how much like the three stooges the idiots in the video were.
Even a marginally tactically proficient former Army like me could see it. We pay for all this wonderful paramilitary equipment and they stand around like the Keystone kops.

Posted at

These are the first two original cartoon characters I ever created (also just the first two original characters I ever created, period) from all the way back in 1999: Walter J. Duck and Slug Head J. Baxter.

Cartoon Network was a huge influence on me as a kid, and specifically, shows like COW AND CHICKEN, ED, EDD N EDDY, and COURAGE THE COWARDLY DOG inspired the most with the creation of these characters.

I don't know about any of you, but perhaps Walter would fit right into a site like this. :P

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.