Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
dpat57
dpat57
Posted at

Just asking, in the google voting doc:

"Best Completed Comic
Comics that were concluded sometime between July 2018 and now. (Indefinite hiatus doesn't count.)"

I'm guessing that should be July 2021 not 2018?

Niccea
Niccea
Posted at

dpat57 wrote:
Just asking, in the google voting doc:

"Best Completed Comic
Comics that were concluded sometime between July 2018 and now. (Indefinite hiatus doesn't count.)"

I'm guessing that should be July 2021 not 2018?
I knew I missed one date change. It is 2020 to now

Niccea
Niccea
Posted at

I have PQ the presenters their assignments and the Judges now have access to judging threads on the Awards Discord server. Not too late to volunteer!

Posted at

Okay it's done! The mega thread with all the #DDAwards nominees is now up on the DD Twitter! You can find it here https://twitter.com/DrunkDuck/status/1549399469061447681

Please have a look-see. Comment and retweet the entire thing and single posts from it. Use the hashtag #DDAwards when you do it (because I forgot after the first tweet, I know I'm sorry, I was in pain) and watch out for occasional retweets of chunks of it by me!

If there is anything I got wrong or if I didn't tag anyone (because I had no PQ from you) do it yourself by quote retweeting! Add more images under your comic's tweet.

If you have been nominated for more than one award, the same tweet has been posted under the different categories, so look out for that as well, and if you want to post extra images, it could be a nice thing to make them relevant to the award they're nominated for!

Now excuse me while I go back to my old-lady back-pain woes.

Niccea
Niccea
Posted at

Hey guys, we are off to a great start for this year's awards. We started the presentations and judging assignments a week ahead of schedule and I have already got several back. We still have until September to get everything done, so I think we are doing great. I still have 7 presentations available and I'm currently fighting off bravo1102 with a stick. Please let me know if you would like to take few and give the poor guy a break.

Niccea
Niccea
Posted at

After bouncing some ideas around in Discord. I decided to revamp how the character awards are awarded. In the case of Best Protagonist this year I got just under twenty characters submitted, but no character received more than one vote, so I had originally dropped the category. After much thought on the best way to continue to recognize the varied characters, I have decided to do a tie breaker for Best Protagonist from the nominations received. Going forward, the Character Awards are just going to be decided by popular vote.

Please vote here by August 6th, so we have enough time to get a presenter on this one.

Niccea
Niccea
Posted at

We have reached the halfway point of the volunteering portion of this year’s Drunk Duck Awards. I do have a couple of categories that had no nominees, but one winner that need presenters. Also, the Awards always accepts extra pages the feature behind the scenes shenanigans.

Niccea
Niccea
Posted at

Time to figure out where in the closet you put your formal wear. The Drunk Duck Awards ceremony kicks off on Monday with the Red Carpet Event, organized by the lovely Tantz Aerine and commentated by yours truly. There will be a special preview on Sunday with a group picture composed of the pictures summited to the event thread. Hope to see you there!

Niccea
Niccea
Posted at

Thank you for joining us for the 2022 Drunk Duck Awards! I will still be accepting extras to add to the comic until at least October 22nd. Extras can take the form of behind the scenes, audience reactions, or acceptance/concession speeches, or really anything else you can imagine. In the meantime, please also take the time to vote for this year’s Best Presenter Award.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.