Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Posted at

Hey, if you've got the room I'm in on the project. As long as you are open to various character design styles, I have some ideas. I can also do some writing if you need help in that department.

D0m
D0m
Posted at

Platinum University sounds awesome.

Hope my character can be an angry teacher. :-)

Glarg
Glarg
Posted at

This seems like a great Idea, Glarg the foreign exchange student would like to join!

Posted at

I am still waiting from character submissions from a large number of people on the list. I have posted which ones I've received, so have a look and if you need to, send one! Currently there are 32 members - we need 50 for this project to start, so anyone who may be interested should check out the thread and apply where necessary. I would however like to stress that everyone and I mean everyone who joins has to participate in some way. The available ways to contribute are really art-based, drawing pages and pics etc, but writers and people with ideas will also be accepted. Unfortunately, sprites won't fit in with the general plan. I know it's hypocritical because my main comic is sprite based, but it's easier to do community projects that are hand drawn.
Finally, the 50 people, (including myself), that join have to submit a character, either themselves in cartoon form or a character from one of their comics, and write up a profile as well as draw a pic. These will be loaded as the first pages of the comic, so that all the artists can see the characters and use them accordingly.

Sorry for the long speech, I just don't want the project to die, so think of my ramblings as the defibrillator of DDU.

Many thanks, CC.

Posted at

Since you have the people's usernames, maybe it would also be a good idea to PQ them with that info, just in case they don't check this thread or they miss the newspost that will go up?

Posted at

Almost finished inking my character's picture so the profile should be up in the next couple of days. You should put the link to this topic on the comic to make it easier to access.

Conned
Conned
Posted at

How about the kind of kids that do crazy stunts like sniffing pepper?
I'll give you a character description on those guys :)

Posted at

Oh, may I join? I would very much like to. (I promise I will draw in a lot more sophisticated way than I do in my comic.)

Posted at

Sorry that I haven't sent in any character bio.

I can try when I get the time.

Reashi
Reashi
Posted at

i wouldn't mind joining :3
so lang as there is still need for a pudgy easygoing guy, that listens to people's problems and dispenses advice all while trying to get more people to watch the greatest show ever canceled (or read the comic books he likes) Not to mention he is a d&d geek :3

Ocka
Ocka
Posted at

This sounds awesome…. anyway I can Join, I'll happily send in a character ,as I have an idea of a creepy stalking campus Preist. I will aslo help with anything you need help with (like contribute a page)!

Jules
Jules
Posted at

Hope it's not too late to join this project since I just noticed it right now.

I'm definitely interested if your still taking in people for this.

marine
marine
Posted at

I got ten full pages of Drunk Duck university's penis tie-in completed. Whenever you guys go forward with this stuff, I'll post it. Its funny enough that it could work on its own, so if this doesn't go anywhere, I may just post it all or put it in a book.

Posted at

I got ten full pages of Drunk Duck university's penis tie-in completed. Whenever you guys go forward with this stuff, I'll post it. Its funny enough that it could work on its own, so if this doesn't go anywhere, I may just post it all or put it in a book.

Okay, now that's commitment! The basic idea at the minute, marine, is to get all the user profiles up, I'll probably end up updating every day when I've got them all, so that all the characters are there for the artists to use.

DarthJJB
DarthJJB
Posted at

I'm interested

Posted at

Pq'd you my picture and profile, hope it came through.

Nergal
Nergal
Posted at

Does anything specific need to go in the profile?

Posted at

Just general details about the character really - It's just a way of ensuring that the artists and writers who contribute can get the characters right.

Posted at

hey I wanna join in as well! *waves* This sounds like fun. XD Hmm, well, I can send in a few character profiles! So look out for my emails in a few days' time! Cameos would be fun too. =D

Posted at

Did you recieve my profile? It doesn't say so in your 1st post or haven't you updated the list yet?

Conned
Conned
Posted at

I was just thinking (and this might be abit late now) but I was thinking about how we're going to draw this university?

I thought that maybe we could use standardnpictures of school/university hallways/rooms etc and draw our characters over them like in one of my comics.
You'd put up a couple peoples that people have to stick to and then they'd draw the characters over it.

hat
hat
Posted at

I'm interested, but do we actually do? What am I supposed to be doing in relation to this comic right now?

Posted at

I was just thinking (and this might be abit late now) but I was thinking about how we're going to draw this university?

I thought that maybe we could use standardnpictures of school/university hallways/rooms etc and draw our characters over them like in one of my comics.
You'd put up a couple peoples that people have to stick to and then they'd draw the characters over it.

I like the idea of an archive of BGs - Could I ask you to be our supervisor of backgrounds?

@Hat: Anything you want, though first I need a character profile from you.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.