Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
vgman
vgman
Posted at

what would you recomend for someon looking to get into the army?

well….. if you have anything planned for the next 8 years of your life…… forget it…. otherwise go ahead!!!! its not as bad as the media makes it out to be…… oh and by the way……. get used to running…. you need to be able to run a mile in 8 minutes just to get in basic training…… oh and you WILL deploy…. actually most people are deploying straight from basic now….

well that works then!! being as im almost 18, never had a job, no gf, and need an excuse to give the grim reaper so i dont say "you know what fuck it im taking you right now."
though the running might be a bit hard. now rolling… that i can do :spin:

edit: ALMOST FORGOT!! whats the best branch (from your point of view)?

Posted at

what would you recomend for someon looking to get into the army?

well….. if you have anything planned for the next 8 years of your life…… forget it…. otherwise go ahead!!!! its not as bad as the media makes it out to be…… oh and by the way……. get used to running…. you need to be able to run a mile in 8 minutes just to get in basic training…… oh and you WILL deploy…. actually most people are deploying straight from basic now….

well that works then!! being as im almost 18, never had a job, no gf, and need an excuse to give the grim reaper so i dont say "you know what fuck it im taking you right now."
though the running might be a bit hard. now rolling… that i can do :spin:

edit: ALMOST FORGOT!! whats the best branch (from your point of view)?
id say air force….. less bullshit, more bullshitting…….

Posted at

Here's one: are video games about the army really that accurate?
well…… pretty much….. except we dont still fight in WW2 (little known fact!)

god im bored….. bored and lonely…… someone get on yahoo messenger and TALK TO ME!!!!!!! same screenname….

tweebus
tweebus
Posted at

First, I just want to give a thanks for all of your sacrifice!

Despite the talk and bullshit politics it seems both parties
are intent on hanging in there. Which makes me wonder who's
really running the show. The news is too biased either one way
or another, but I have a feeling we are never leaving and permenant
bases will set up once a pro American government is in place and
stable.
I guess the question is what keeps your moral high during all this
political crap that goes on? And what constitutes a win?
Also, do you guys plan on making a career of the of it or are you
done with it once you get a chance?
What bothers me most is that you never hear anything from the soldiers
in the field unless it's something spun to the negative. From what I've
read here so far you're in good spirits, despite what the news reports.

Posted at

My moral only took a dip a few times my time over there. Most of the time I was fine. I have about 1 year and 7 months left on my contract and I probably wont re-enlist. I've put in my years, someone else's turn now.

To me winning in Iraq is coming home with everyone you left with. Dead or alive.

mlai
mlai
Posted at

Are you sick and tired of all the political discussions/questions concerning you and your situation whenever you tell a place online that you're in Iraq?

Posted at

First, I just want to give a thanks for all of your sacrifice!

Despite the talk and bullshit politics it seems both parties
are intent on hanging in there. Which makes me wonder who's
really running the show. The news is too biased either one way
or another, but I have a feeling we are never leaving and permenant
bases will set up once a pro American government is in place and
stable.
I guess the question is what keeps your moral high during all this
political crap that goes on? And what constitutes a win?
Also, do you guys plan on making a career of the of it or are you
done with it once you get a chance?
What bothers me most is that you never hear anything from the soldiers
in the field unless it's something spun to the negative. From what I've
read here so far you're in good spirits, despite what the news reports.
well in one word….. friends.
friends are the one thing that keeps me sane here….. whether it be in real life, or on here….. it also helps to know that we're so supported in everything we do…..

i wholeheartedly agree with penguins above statement….. it sucks to lose a comrade…… but we have to drive on….. i lost one of the most important people to me in my life due to this war….. but you know what? I am proud to have been by his side here in iraq during his final moments….. no matter how bad it gets, no matter what happens, i know i will always carry around a sense of pride that most people could never dream of feeling, because of this war……

and as for reenlistment…… lmao….. i couldn't if i wanted to…. i have about a year and a half left as well…. but im what you would call a troublemaker….. or what they call in the army a "Shitbag" lmao……. and i was told just yesterday that im not gonna be able to reenlist……. but meh, i was planning on getting out anyway so i could further my education….. so its a win-win situation for me….

Posted at

Are you sick and tired of all the political discussions/questions concerning you and your situation whenever you tell a place online that you're in Iraq?
Nah, but i enjoy being asked questions…. so i guess that doesnt count…..

D0m
D0m
Posted at

What do you think you'll say when you're 74 and asked "What do you think about your experiences about a soldier way back when you were in your twenties?"

Posted at

What is your view on conscription?

Should we as allied forces start to put our younger citizens through basic training for two/three years?

And

What made you want to join the army?

mlai
mlai
Posted at

Does your base camp really look like that one at the beginning of the movie Transformers?

Who and what age is the absolute oldest military man you see around everyday? My dad says that actors who play soldiers in movies are always too old.

Posted at

Yes and no.

Because I love to inform people about how its really like.
But I hate being asked my personal opinion on it, but I kind of saw that coming.

Posted at

Should we as allied forces start to put our younger citizens through basic training for two/three years?

And

Absolutly. It would give people jobs that don't have them and feed people who couldn't afford it. And maybe they will learn a little respect when they get in.
Hell if its only for like a year or something, that wouldn't be to much to whine about.

Why did I join? I really don't know. I walked into a recruiting office and yelled "I wanna drive a mother fucking tank!". Two weeks later I was on my way to basic.

The funny part? I have never been a tank driver.

qdawg
qdawg
Posted at

How ya doin?

Why, I'm doing great, my fine feathered friend!(lame DD pun) How about yourself?

Well I'm just thanks for asking.

Hapoppo
Hapoppo
Posted at

Well I myself can't really think of any questions right off the top of my head, but I really couldn't leave this topic without joining everyone else in saying a huge THANK YOU for everything you guys have done for us!

Posted at

What do you think you'll say when you're 74 and asked "What do you think about your experiences about a soldier way back when you were in your twenties?"
You know…. im not quite sure…. but im sure it will involve alot of refrences to Crown Royal, horrible leadership, and back pain….

Posted at

Does your base camp really look like that one at the beginning of the movie Transformers?

Who and what age is the absolute oldest military man you see around everyday? My dad says that actors who play soldiers in movies are always too old.
Actually no. but my FOB is located in the center of Iraq's second largest city, so theres nothing around here that barren. but we do have a few squad sized FOBs we resupply that are EXTREMELY small…….

and the oldest age i know of is 48, my platoon sergeant….. there are actually quite a few older people in the army…

Posted at

And

question 1: HELL NO
question 2: NO
question 3: homelessness

Bekefel
Bekefel
Posted at

Would you use that gun in comabat? Or are cannons not your style?

(I just wanted an excuse to post this video.)

Posted at

Would you use that gun in comabat? Or are cannons not your style?

(I just wanted an excuse to post this video.)
Man, if i could I'd keep a Desert Eagle strapped to my side at all times….

AQua_ng
AQua_ng
Posted at

What battle/war/campaign/skirmish/schism/fight of the past would you most want to be part of?

Posted at

What battle/war/campaign/skirmish/schism/fight of the past would you most want to be part of?
Sparta…. 'nuff said

Posted at

Battle of Kursk.
Biggest tank battle ever.

vgman
vgman
Posted at

would you still join the army knowing what you do now?

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.