Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
da_kasha
da_kasha
Posted at

Um, who's work am I supposed to comment on? 0.0

Well here's my pic: I just doodled it but I'm fairly happy with it. Apart from that hand.

qqq
qqq
Posted at

Um, who's work am I supposed to comment on? 0.0
The link in the pic on top of you. it's bold: http://www.drunkduck.com/Out_There/gfx/girl%20retouch.jpg

Although music is a form of art, I think this thread is just for drawings.
They just made it like that by posting only drawings, besides, I don't see what bad it can do. Originality I'd hold as a good thing.

But It was a cool tune, I could only really see it as background music for a game or a TV show, and that's what you made it for. It was a cool tune, but what type of game you're making this for would help to know whether or not in fits.
It's to be under a part of a 'chase' scence if you get what I mean.

elektro
elektro
Posted at

This may be considered NSFW but it only shows her bum.
It is also one of my first times retouching an image (I made the shadow's darker)
http://www.drunkduck.com/Out_There/gfx/girl%20retouch.jpg

The shadows seemed a little too dark but it's not a bad life drawing image otherwise.

Well here's my pic: I just doodled it but I'm fairly happy with it. Apart from that hand.

Is the hand supposed to be the right or left hand? I can't really tell.

———-

Since I always post multiple works, I figured I'd do it again:

Ad I designed for the Negligence T-shirt shop.

This image I made for Target Audience Magazine

Finally, this is a two page spread for a story I made for subcultured's anthology comic. There's no text in this version. Personally, I'm not happy with the way I made the shadows for these pages, but I got better with the other ones.

da_kasha
da_kasha
Posted at

@ ParkerFarker - The anatomy of the feet seems a bit off and I don’t like the way you can see the shading blotches (if you know what I mean). It seems to me you’re not taking full advantage of your “re-touching” as you could have made the image crisper and the hair all black rather than dark grey as that would make it more striking.

@ elektro - I've axed that hand now >_> it was ugly and not worth saving.

Posted at

@ Elektro: I like the tshirt advert, I love the boy's expressio lol. I'm not too keen on the shading in the last picture though, I think maybe it would have looked better with just flat colour or maybe cell shading. But other than that I do like the picture :)

Here's some character art for my next comic, it's in a slightly different style, and I haven't used shading in a comic before lol also it's just a reference thing I'll be using, which is why only one of the pictures is coloured. If you want, ignore the uncoloured one lol

elektro
elektro
Posted at

Hunchdebunch: I like the shading for yours. I'm not that good at shading yet, but I am learning. Here is another page from the same six-page comic:

da_kasha
da_kasha
Posted at

The walls are a bit bland and you should put something like a picture to make things more interesting to look at. Also the perspective makes it look like they're standing in a giant hall or something. Are you using black in those gradients? Because for normal shading you usually shouldn't do that.

Here's a picture I drew with copics. It took quite a long time and I think it's probably the best thing I've drawn so far so I'd really like feedback.

Posted at

That is really really good! I love the colours and the shading! :)

Here's a picture I did just now of Ianto from Torchwood, I know there are some mistakes:

elektro
elektro
Posted at

Since you know there are some mistakes, I won't point them out. Although the big eyes look weird, somehow they fit.

——-

Roy Duncan of Villain Next Door recently made a pin-up for my Negligence comic. Since he was so nice to make that, I made something to promote his comic. Enjoy.

tawawawa
tawawawa
Posted at

Since you know there are some mistakes, I won't point them out. Although the big eyes look weird, somehow they fit.

——-

Roy Duncan of Villain Next Door recently made a pin-up for my Negligence comic. Since he was so nice to make that, I made something to promote his comic. Enjoy.

It's very in your face but I think the word bubble tail might be too in his face. It doesn't have to be so close to his mouth that he might eat it, just point towards it. I'd say make it half as long as it'll look great!

I'd like to see a bit of line thickness variety in his face so it gives a clearer idea. Other than that, it's pretty cool.

—-

Here's two drawings I've done recently. The first drawing is a colored sketch of a satyr who is the guardian for a young girl. I'm still trying to work out how to get some nice bold looking colors in Sai.

The second drawing is a work in progress of a character sheet for a friend. The colors are just blotted in for later ref and to make it easier to see the lines. I color within the lines, really!

Insizwa
Insizwa
Posted at

Very anthro. Well done though, and I like the leaf and banana, nice touch. Killer shading too.

I drew it with my feet.

da_kasha
da_kasha
Posted at

Cheesus Christ! I'll have nightmares about it for the rest of my life!

Captain Squirrel

Luminous
Luminous
Posted at

Haha, that's cute ^^. I really like your coloring, and the tail is nicely done. It's surprisingly hard to draw a squirrel tail, at least in my experience.

Posted at

Smooth, neat line art and simplistic. The rain effect is cool too! Nice work!

Drew this one afternoon while trying to combat art block.

Posted at

wow I really love the soft look of this! her hair and the sky look just fantastic, though her head looks a little odd postioned over her shoulder like that. Regardless this is still really good! nice work :)

anyway here's a character ref sheet for my comic

EDIT:: uh in response to da_kasha right below this pic- thanks! and well i use a line tool. The lines proabably look like that since i color and draw everything on ms paint and paint.net( i can't afford photoshop sadly)

da_kasha
da_kasha
Posted at

Smooth colours! I like the way you got the flames working but the lines seem a bit awkward and pointy - are you using that blasted pen tool? When I get home I’m reading your comic C:

Well… this is me spazzing out in photoshop after reading a good book:

worstcase
worstcase
Posted at

Hey I like the color scheme! I'm a sucker for cooler colors. The wings look sorta awkward, or unfinished, and the head is a little skewed or off. But i do like the hand a lot.

Heres my thing

Posted at

thats rly nice, i love the colors and the concept is childish, but scary at the same time. looks like it took a lot of time.

banner for my comic Boy Lessons

Posted at

I like the fact that you didn't make a rectangular banner, that its kinda a big circle. It seems more creative. I love the colors and the energy of the pic. My only real crit is that I could tell which body parts belonged to whom in the center of the pic. I had to stit for a couple of minutes and then it seemed obvious.

I did this a couple months ago. Also, what style would you consider this?

Posted at

I'm ruining the whole "69" posts by doing this but here!

I don't know if it's my bugging (yeah, that's right, BUGGING) computer or not but I can't see the image you posted. :( . So I'm conna comment on your avatar. :( .

I like the coloring you did and the dark cloud in the bacground but I probably won't get what the large, cracked item is until I read one of your comics, right? Oh well.

Here's my piece-please excuse the smudging and the fact that it's on another page. :(

http://www.drunkduck.com/Pwnd_Randomness/gfx/avatar-monsterBUDDY.jpg

elektro
elektro
Posted at

Freakin' weird, that thing.

——-

Okay, time for my two entries. This first one was made using Photoshop:

And this I made for a fan art contest. This I used Corel Painter for everything except the words:

worstcase
worstcase
Posted at

I like your photoshop piece a lot more than the correl painter. The correl one looks to smudgey(?) Even though i totally love the bones reference.

Insizwa
Insizwa
Posted at

That's pretty fucking awesome. Looks wicked, shaing is killer, and I like the old paper effect you have going on.

made a long ass time ago at work with a pen.

da_kasha
da_kasha
Posted at

Nifty and unusual art style and idea :D it made me lol. It's a bit hard for the eye to separate the foreground from the background however.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.