Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Posted at

Hello, I'm Nepoleon the teapot
You too buster.
Yeah well… well… You're fat… ._.

Posted at

I consider myself a tad eccentric. but not really crazy. maybe a little dorky with a touch of lameface….but crazy, no I'm not crazy…There isn't a dead old man under my floorboards…..

Drasnus
Drasnus
Posted at

I sometimes hear voices. Not just on the edge of sleep either.

Jellomix
Jellomix
Posted at

Me crazy? YWHAkajsdfhkasfPOWOWWOJOWMFLU.LOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOl.

Ahem. More like retarded. >_>
Actually, I think it would be fun to be psychoanalyzed someday and see whether I'm on the normal side or not. I mean, my actions are relatively normal but my thoughts and the way I see things might be a bit more questionable. Then again, that could be considered normal, right?

bravo1102
bravo1102
Posted at

There is no such thing as "normal" and to think yourself that is in itself a mental illness. (maybe 301.81, but definitely in need of further evaluation)

There is such a thing as normal, it is what we come upon most often in our lives. That goes for anything. Then that means our own way of thinking is the sane way ergo everyone is sane by their own standards, it is only other people you can find insane. The only way this can change is if you are told you are insane by other people, which is essentially what people do to 'insane' people before 'curing' them.

You are also in denial and relativistic circular logic won't help you. That's a sure sign of schizophrenia. Run don't walk to your nearest mental health care professional.

*cue manical laugh*

You see there are just varying levels of mental illness. Some people just cope better than others. Those who can't cope or have inherent short-circuits are crazy. *bows* Like me.

*cue manical laugh*

At least I'm seeking help whereas the rest of you are at large, a threat to yourself and others!

cue Napoleon XIV's "They're coming to take me away HA, HA! They're coming to take me away HO, HO! To the happy home with trees and flowers and chirping birds…"

Willicus
Willicus
Posted at

I consider myself normal.
Everyone else is crazy.
I consider you crazy.
Hello, I'm Nepoleon the teapot
You too buster.
Said Snidley Whiplash with a grin.

KingRidley
KingRidley
Posted at

I don't think that I, or anyone else on here, is even a little bit crazy. Mental illness is a horrible, horrible, hellish thing. To joke about it (lol im so insane and random lolol XD!!1) shows, in my mind, extreme insensitivity and a very immature person.

Seriously, I do not tolerate people who do that sort of thing. It's not fucking right.

Posted at

Seriously, I do not tolerate people who do that sort of thing. It's not fucking right.

He's maaaad…..maaaaaaaad, like Jesse James!

Posted at

I clearly know nothing of the real world and can't take jokes.
Seriously, get used to immaturity. Our society is built on it.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

I'm clearly know nothing of the real world and can't take jokes.
Jebus you two nutjobs…

Thank god there're sane admins around to manage you crazies. -_-

bravo1102
bravo1102
Posted at

I don't think that I, or anyone else on here, is even a little bit crazy. Mental illness is a horrible, horrible, hellish thing. To joke about it (lol im so insane and random lolol XD!!1) shows, in my mind, extreme insensitivity and a very immature person.

Humor and Laughter are among the best treatments for mental illness. Being able to not take yourself seriously (because nothing is to be taken seriously) is an excellent and highly recommended coping mechanism for those of us with actual diagnoses.

I do not lie about that, I suffer from biologically based major depression, general anxiety and PTSD. And I laugh about that and most of the other crazies I go to therapy with laugh with me because it's theraputic. lol!

Just ask any real crazy person or any mental health care professional (not people who think they know about mental illness, it takes more than reading a few journals to get to know about it. I recommend spending a few months with the DSM-V or a CSM whichever you prefer)(obtuse joke; DSM-V Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders fifth edition; CSM Command Sergeant Major the army version of God on Earth. You spend enough time in the army to become a CSM you better be crazy) ;)

Posted at

Craziness is in the mind of the beholder.

KingRidley
KingRidley
Posted at

I'm clearly know nothing of the real world and can't take jokes.

Woah, the fact that I don't appreciate it doesn't make me ignorant of the "real world." Or that I can't take a joke. Society is full of idiots, yes. But I've always felt that this is one subject that people shouldn't be so willing to joke about.

Humor and Laughter are among the best treatments for mental illness. Being able to not take yourself seriously (because nothing is to be taken seriously) is an excellent and highly recommended coping mechanism for those of us with actual diagnoses.
I agree with this, but I have to say that the people I'm talking about aren't doing it for the sake of good humored fun and laughter. They do it because they are immature and insensitive towards conditions that really fuck with the lives of people all over the planet. I don't make jokes about cripples, or retards, or crazies. Joking with them is fine, but joking about them shows (I think) bad taste.

bravo1102
bravo1102
Posted at

Immature agreed and guranteed they have no life experience with crazy people. It's amazing what a smile and a whimsical attitude with them does. I love seeing the smiles on their faces.

For example: Many schizophrenics don't care what you say about them as the voices inside their head are often far louder than those outside.

*cue* Napoleon XIV (who IIRC was hospitalized for a time. You just have got to laugh about these things, it's a lot better than crying) "They're coming to take me away Ha, ha…"

Faliat
Faliat
Posted at

YES!

But so called "professionals" say otherwise.

I've been given the "We found nothing so you're almost perfectly fine so have a nice life!" speech before.

And guess what?

WRONG!!!

KingRidley
KingRidley
Posted at

I've been given the "We found nothing so you're almost perfectly fine so have a nice life!" speech before.
Well what do you want them to do? They can't find anything wrong, they can either keep testing you and never leave you alone, or they can admit defeat and leave you to take care of yourself.

They can't cure or treat something they can't identify. Seriously, I hate it when people get mad at medical professionals because they didn't get their magic instant cure.

I heard a doctor say this online:

"You can get your instant movies and instant food and call someone whenever you want, but you can't make the human body heal any faster than it did 100 years ago."

Not his exact words, but the point is made. The human body and mind are very complex. Alot of times things get past us. There's really nothing you can do about it.

If later on they managed to find something, then you have no reason to complain because at least they found it. If they still haven't, then all I can say is that it's like trying to find something small thrown into a huge haystack, but no one ever tells you WHAT you're looking for and there's a bunch of other shit that could be it but isn't really the perfect fit. Medicine is hard.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Craziness is in the mind of the beholder.
True, to an extent… But it's hard for actual "crazy" people to fit in well with the rest of society, which is pretty bad when that leads to them not being able to take care of themselves or harming people.

Faliat
Faliat
Posted at

Well what do you want them to do? They can't find anything wrong, they can either keep testing you and never leave you alone, or they can admit defeat and leave you to take care of yourself.

They can't cure or treat something they can't identify. Seriously, I hate it when people get mad at medical professionals because they didn't get their magic instant cure.
It's different when they actually note a lot of problems and don't even help you out with those. Especially if they're serious ones like hearing voices and having strong desires to self-harm….

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.