Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
ayesinback
ayesinback
Posted at

It's Official
The Drunk Duck "Name That Voice" Contest Commences

To play
upload an audio file of your voice to mediafire.com (see below for log-in)
and/or identify the voices to as many files as you can.

To submit an audio file

Record a voice sample
(a) required: In your normal, day-to-day voice, recite the following elicitation paragraph (thanks to Ochi for finding it):

Please call Stella. Ask her to bring these things with her from the store: Six spoons of fresh snow peas, five thick slabs of blue cheese, and maybe a snack for her brother Bob. We also need a small plastic snake and a big toy frog for the kids. She can scoop these things into three red bags, and we will go meet her Wednesday at the train station.

(b) optional: In any voice you like (go ahead and do your best impression), recite the paragraph again. NOTE: (a) and (b) can be also be in (b) and (a) sequence

© optional: sing one short verse or chorus of any song in either your voice or an “impression” voice

Please limit your voice sample to (a) & (b), or (a) & ©

Naming your file
Go to http://www.mediafire.com and log-in. Note what files are already uploaded and start your file name with the next available number in the sequence 001, 002, and so on, followed by whatever you like (just easier for sorting later on).

The log-in to mediafire is:
drunkduck100@yahoo.com for email and
100voices for password

Last steps
Select the green Upload To This Folder button. Then either send a PQ to ayesinback or email drunkduck100@yahoo.com to let me know which file is yours. Please upload your file before Friday, 3 December

To listen to the files, you’ll need to download them.

On Saturday 4 December, on mediafire, I’ll provide an alpha list of all those who submitted a voice sample. Anyone who wishes to officially guess who’s who, can download the list, fill in their guesses, and then email the list to drunkduck100@yahoo.com so it can be tallied. All official guesses must be emailed by end of day Saturday 18 December so that the winners can be announced on the 19th. The person who identifies the most voices correctly wins 100 Drunk Duck points, which are great for collecting (and that's about it). The person who is least identified correctly wins 50 Drunk Duck points.

Let The Voices Be Heard!!

ayesinback
ayesinback
Posted at

one two three: Three DDers to listen to.

Go on: add your voice. comeoncomeoncomeon
do it do it do it

please? It just won't be the same without Yours. (you know who you are)

seventy2
seventy2
Posted at

Bumping for justice.

I think i may or may not enter.

This is just too good to pass up for my ego.

ayesinback
ayesinback
Posted at

Bumping for justice.

I think i may or may not enter.

This is just too good to pass up for my ego.
72 - that is a great post.
(a) justice bumping - a new term for me, but sounds promising
(b) entering or not entering pretty much covers this gamut
© DO IT!!! * this to every one *

Look at it this way: wouldn't it just serve me right if I got 2,000 voice samples to organize? Wouldn't it? You CAN do your part in driving me (further) nuts

Posted at

Moving to General so more people see it! I think it would be great if lots of people entered. It's not hard!

ayesinback
ayesinback
Posted at

You do realize I'm going to do thousands of these.
Bring it on, rain song boy (you know I can delete unidentified files, don't you?)

Ironscarf
Ironscarf
Posted at

What a great idea! I have absolutely no means of recording a voice sample but if I could, I definitely would. Bravo! (that's bravo as in great thread, not bravo as in 'going Bravo', although I'd like to hear an audio sample of Bravo going Bravo).

blindsk
blindsk
Posted at

I'd find it hilarious if there really were hundreds of these files from seemingly different voices all turning out to be the same person.

Posted at

One thing I'm not clear on, if you're doing an accent or song in addition to the regular part, are you supposed to submit that as one file or two?

ayesinback
ayesinback
Posted at

One thing I'm not clear on, if you're doing an accent or song in addition to the regular part, are you supposed to submit that as one file or two?
One file please, and one file per DDer please (you know who you are). So far each voice submission has been accompanied with a PQ to me as requested. Any files that are not identified to me via PQ will be put in a separate category at the end of the upload period, if not just deleted altogether.

Last, check out the Eight uploads we now have: each a uniquely "honey-dipped" masterpiece.

go to http://www.mediafire.com/
email: drunkduck100@yahoo.com
password: 100voices

Thank you Players!

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

I hope there are many, many contributions! This is a worthy DD community project ^_^

Faliat
Faliat
Posted at

I remember doing this when I was 15 and tried to get my voice on an accent documentation thing.

I failed. I won't say why. It should be obvious.

Kroatz
Kroatz
Posted at

I´m IN.
FOR PONY!

Rain27
Rain27
Posted at

You will never guess which one I am… BWA HA HA HA HA

Faliat
Faliat
Posted at

Okay! Who's the one that didn't number theirs correctly and didn't do the "Please Call Stella" bit?

YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG!!!

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

LOL!

"I'm one of the imaginary voices everyone hears every night… Especially you Oz. Especially you!"

I'm luved ^^

ayesinback
ayesinback
Posted at

Okay! Who's the one that didn't number theirs correctly and didn't do the "Please Call Stella" bit?

YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG!!!

INDEED. I've "reached" out to one whom I believe to be the befuddled player.
but have not received a response.

Altho I have several of my own, does any one wish to suggest appropriate punishment?

Kroatz
Kroatz
Posted at

Altho I have several of my own, does any one wish to suggest appropriate punishment?
Puting their voice on the front page might be an appropriate punishment.Rain.Song.Boy

ayesinback
ayesinback
Posted at

LADIES and GENTLEMEN:

Discover the dual delights of both diction and ditties donated by a record one DOZEN Drunk Duckers. *and one lame quail *

Dive in now:
http://www.mediafire.com/
email: drunkduck100@yahoo.com
password: 100voices

ayesinback
ayesinback
Posted at

Stat status:

13 voices to listen to (it's a great selection!)
6 days to get Your Voice included. doo eeet. No one will know it's you - until later :)

lefarce
lefarce
Posted at

YOu should probably find a way to host this without making users download strange files to listen to. Or by having to give people log-in information, since I'm guessing they can tamper with account settings and whatnot.

My suggestion: Get some free hosting. 000webhost is pretty easy to use for people with small files. Just upload the sound files to that directly and make some sort of display page that allows you to go through and select which ones. You could use a separate page to list who is in the contest so you can try to guess which voice belongs to who.

If you want help setting up something like that I can, I've used 000webhost plenty of times. PQ me if you're interested. JUST A SUGGESTION BROSKI, boomshakalaka (fyi the boomshakalaka file is NOT me and I will kill whoever stole my catchphrase, which I stole first.)

Faliat
Faliat
Posted at

fyi the boomshakalaka file is NOT me
Way to fail throwing people off the scent! Lol.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.