Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
ayesinback
ayesinback
Posted at

Yes! 2 - two (ah ah, says The Count) guesses are in. And we have a mean of 6 correct guesses.

28 guesses to go before all mysteries are revealed. And at this rate, well . . .

there could be moaning/groaning to come - no one wants that - yes, that's a threat - sorry

Faliat
Faliat
Posted at

I'm still working on my guesses. I have a lot of other stff to do, though, so I'm afraid that's at the botto of the pile furthest away from me.

Posted at

Apparently I can't even differentiate between foreign accents and American accents. It was a hopeless endeavor! I did finish though.

006 has a gorgeous speaking voice!

HippieVan
HippieVan
Posted at

The only I can really guess at are elektro, ozoneocean and skoolmunkee, and only because I had previously heard their voices. So this isn't going very well. : (
I'm trying, though. Goshdarnit, I'm trying!

Edit: I give up.

ayesinback
ayesinback
Posted at

The only I can really guess at are elektro, ozoneocean and skoolmunkee, and only because I had previously heard their voices. So this isn't going very well. : (
I'm trying, though. Goshdarnit, I'm trying!

Edit: I give up.
Thanks so much for trying, Hippie Van. Considering that most of us haven't met any of us, guessing each others' voices is not going to be easy, unless you have a good idea of regional and national accents.

But you have a leg up with three, and so far no one has failed to identify me, and if you just "standard test" it (ya know: put down one guy's name for every guy you don't know), you'll get him right that once - so there's five — and that's respectable.

Go ahead, send it in. :) (and say hi to little Juliet - her black fur is so pretty)

Posted at

I still have to make my guesses but I got a good clue on few people (I would be pretty rubbish if I couldn't identify gullas's accent, since we're from the same country).

Edit:

and so the Voice Contest is Over
Oh… well… Never mind.

ayesinback
ayesinback
Posted at

Today is 18 December, and with only 5 guesses received, I'm calling it quits.

Thanks to everyone who participated, and special thanks to skoolmunkee and ozoneocean, who were great about getting the word out.

Awarding of points:

50 to skoolmunkee, who was the first to get her guesses in,
also 50 each to ozoneocean and blindsk, who tied with most correct guesses at 9
and 25 each to elecktro, Product Placement, and seventy2, the men of mystery that no one identified correctly.

For anyone who's curious, there is an answer sheet on the mediafire site.

Posted at

Sorry ayes, I'm going to repost the answers here so people don't have to go and log in and download a pdf. :]

[spoiler]
@nthony Mercer 006 wasabi
Ayesinback * 001-freebee
blindsk 014-
DracheLehre 016-11-30
Elektro ** 002-Voiceover
Faliat 010 Boomshakalaka
gene hole 013 wonderful life
gullas 008 satan
Kroatz 011 I never expected this from YOU
Niccea * 003-
Ozoneocean5 009-
Product Placement ** 015 Give Stella a call, you lazy git
Rain27 004 lima bean
Rokulily * 012-doing this
seventy2 ** 005-
skoolmunkee 007-

* everyone guessed correctly
** no one guessed correctly

And the quail? I do believe the quail is our beloved 1337. But I could
be wrong
[/spoiler]

I don't remember what all my guesses were, but I remember I thought Product Placement must have been the Jimmy Stewart one because it seemed like the kind of thing he'd do. But no one guessed him right at all!

Which one was the guy singing, with the guitar? That fella has talent. :D ayesinback also has a lovely, professional-sounding voice in general and can sing well too!

Faliat
Faliat
Posted at

Dammit. I only had a few guesses made because I didn't have the time to do them all, and I only got one wrong!

I thought Product Placement was 8…

[spoiler]And yes! It was I that was Boomshakalaka! Muppet Treasure Island is one of my favourite movies EVAR!!![/spoiler]

blindsk
blindsk
Posted at

A tie?! Well ozone, after seeing your impressive nine correct guess, I have to admit I was hard-pressed to try to beat that. But your tip about post order along with comparing to the original "describe your voice post" helped quite a bit with the guessing. I have no reluctance to conceding to a tie with you. :)

And I do want to thank ayesinback for organizing this! Honestly, you did a great job pulling us together to record our voices and getting us to guess on them. Great work, I at least thought it was very organized!

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Which one was the guy singing, with the guitar? That fella has talent.
Koratz of course. -The Dutch accent ;)
Aye's Moonshadow was indeed great!

@Blindsk- you're a crafty one!

@Filiat- the Scott! Tricky though since you did so many accents… Your American was fantastic, but Scottish was too good though, a faker couldn't have done as well.

Rain27
Rain27
Posted at

Who guessed me correctly?

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Who guessed me correctly?
Me for one. Don't know who else :)
If anyone, prolly Blindsk.

Faliat
Faliat
Posted at

@Filiat- the Scott! Tricky though since you did so many accents… Your American was fantastic, but Scottish was too good though, a faker couldn't have done as well.
I was gonna do an Australian one but audacity screwed up during it.

Note, I've only been speaking with a Scottish accent for 13 years. Wanted to do my original one, but that would've been too obvious.

There were a LOT of voice recordings I did for this. I had to narrow them down.

One was a complete track of me singing both male, female and horse parts of "Amazing Horse".

bravo1102
bravo1102
Posted at

This was great. Wish I had figured out the microphone on my laptop before it ended.

Posted at

Haha, I thought the Scottish sounded a little TOO Scottish and figured he was really American.

I can't believe some people got me and Oz wrong though! Someone who didn't listen to the quackcasts~~

ayesinback
ayesinback
Posted at

@ozone:
Thanks for liking my song (it feels like I'm blushing). I have to point out that You, sir, need Extra credit for being the first to offer up a song, and a difficult song that you did quite well.

But Kroatz - HUH! a multi-talented artist. I informed him that I will be adding his song to the next CD mix I make (yeah, I'm in the audio stone age).

Anyway, if the five guessers are OK with it, I can offer up who voted how (btw: @Rain27, I think just one guesser missed you by exchanging you and skoolmunkee, otherwise there would have been 5 females 100% pegged)

Last, Bravo, have to confess I was disappointed that you weren't able to send in a file when you had previously written that you have some ability with voice impersonations. Hopefully next year (and geez, it looks like you've got some funky hours going on).

Anyway, guessers - let me know if you have any problem with having your guesses posted.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Anyway, guessers - let me know if you have any problem with having your guesses posted.
post away!!!!!

Posted at

006 has a gorgeous speaking voice!

Thank you! I hope it's clear that the English accent is my real voice - I don't think anyone in existence actually sounds like the American one…

ayesinback
ayesinback
Posted at

post away!!!!!
* Just a mention: I'm so tickled with the new avi that Syas made. Isn't it great! *

to business:

Oz — I'm still an infant in DD years, but I have guessed that you are one to let it ALL hang out. Me myself, I'm happy to oblige, but I'd like to hear from all guessers.

Other guessers: please post or PQ your druthers (that being reveal all or remain private) no later than noon 22 Dec. Thanks!

blindsk
blindsk
Posted at

I'm fine with you throwing up my guesses! If anything, I'm sure PP will be amused that I thought he was our talented singer, when it turns out it was Kroatz the entire time.

ayesinback
ayesinback
Posted at

If anything, I'm sure PP will be amused that I thought he was our talented singer, when it turns out it was Kroatz the entire time.
amused? one can never tell with a wiking.

Posted at

wiking.

Faliat
Faliat
Posted at

wiking.
http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Wiking

I find it funny that people think this will be an annual event. Like people are going to forget what we sound like in a year! Lol.

What are we going to do next? DUCK IDOL?

Never mind that, though. This year was great! Thanks to ayesinback and everybody else that took part!

Posted at

I don't mind about sharing and stuff

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.