Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Posted at

Still trying to top me eh? WA HA HA HA HA!!
Well, check it out and tell me what you think.

harkovast
harkovast
Posted at

Awesome stuff PP!
A fantastic amount of explosions!

Hakoshen
Hakoshen
Posted at

Still trying to top me eh? WA HA HA HA HA!!
Well, check it out and tell me what you think.

Good GOD. I'm going to need to put that on my laptop and take it to the toilet cause I'm gonna be here a while.

OMG, is that a frakking commercial break?!

Posted at

OMG, is that a frakking commercial break?!

Yub.

Niccea
Niccea
Posted at

Ok sign ups for this ends at 6pm CDT or midnight GMT. Someone please go up against hark to give him some fun and competition.

Hakoshen
Hakoshen
Posted at

I guess I could sign up with the intent to lose?

harkovast
harkovast
Posted at

Hooray! Everyone vote for me in order to save my soul from my own personal demons!

harkovast
harkovast
Posted at

Inuyasha that is a wise vote if ever I heard one!

Hakoshen
Hakoshen
Posted at

I vote for Hark too, 'cause he sold me out! (wait, that makes no sense…)

Or can I?

Aghammer
Aghammer
Posted at

Strange, I PQ'ed you a vote…

Voting has begun and I haven't gotten any votes yet. That is a little bit disturbing.

Posted at

Say Hark. If you win (seems pretty given that you're gonna win but Its better to sound unbiased) I'd like it if you'd post the game VIII recruitment post in the general discussion. That way we should get a healthy mix of newcomers and old timers.

crocty
crocty
Posted at

Oops, I forgot to. I'll send mine in now. :o

harkovast
harkovast
Posted at

PP sure thing, fresh blood is always good!

Hakoshen
Hakoshen
Posted at

Also random suggestion; Why don't you have it so that when the town vigilante dies, another one takes his place?

harkovast
harkovast
Posted at

That might make life hard for the ID,if they are unable to remove that role.
Mind you, it would help keep the people without a good role happy.

What does everyone think?

harkovast
harkovast
Posted at

*dances to Walking on Sunshine to show pleasure at being likely to win this election*

And don't it feel good? HAY!

crocty
crocty
Posted at

It'd be unfair for the bad guys more than it would be fair for the good guys.

So I vote for the vig to stay dead once he's been moidured.

Hakoshen
Hakoshen
Posted at

My whole reasoning behind it is once the vigilante is dead, the townies lose their only advantage. Given the paranoid can't control who he kills, he's as much a danger to the townies as mafia if his identity is unknown. Even if the townies figure out who the mob are, they can't do squat about it because the godfather just cancels the first lynch, and if they controls either the mafia or the pardoner, they usually win.

You give the townies one extra kill per night and they might take out one more mafia assuming they're lucky or know in advance, but the vigilante is still a threat to the townies as he might be unknowingly acting on the orders of his godfather mayor, or rolling a d20 and finding one innocent victim after the next.

So for the mafia in control of the town and unknown, a living vigilante is an advantage for them as much as the townies. It's only unfair to the mafia if they were foolish enough to come out or otherwise get found out.

Posted at

This is why I suggested the idea of introducing "the innocent one" or "a model citizen" or "local champion" to the game. 1-3 people are given this title and it becomes publicly know to all that they're not mafia. These people are free to run for mayor or pardoner and people are free to vote for them or not. Naturally, these people will get a huge advantage if they do decide to run but the natural drawback is that they'd undoubtedly end up being priority targets for the mafia.

The character description would be that these are the people who become the public figures behind town rallies. They fight for the people, against corruption. They're your local Martin Luther King, Erin Brockovich and Nelson Mandela. It's considered impossible that these people have any criminal connections and thus are fully trusted by all.

By introducing individuals like these it would become harder for mafia to infiltrate the election due to the huge advantage that these people would get. This doesn't mean that these people are guarantied to win, if they run for election at all. Someone who people like and trust who doesn't carry that title may still win after all.

Hakoshen
Hakoshen
Posted at

This is why I suggested the idea of introducing "the innocent one" or "a model citizen" or "local champion" to the game. 1-3 people are given this title and it becomes publicly know to all that they're not mafia. These people are free to run for mayor or pardoner and people are free to vote for them or not. Naturally, these people will get a huge advantage if they do decide to run but the natural drawback is that they'd undoubtedly end up being priority targets for the mafia.

The character description would be that these are the people who become the public figures behind town rallies. They fight for the people, against corruption. They're your local Martin Luther King, Erin Brockovich and Nelson Mandela. It's considered impossible that these people have any criminal connections and thus are fully trusted by all.

That might work in other games… but this is in Hark's head. MLK is a snow leapord with a flintlock rifle, Eirn Brockovich is a wolf with twin scimitars and Nelson Mandela is a claymore weilding badger. It's crazy in there.

The other thing about declared innocent people is it tightens the noose around the mafia from the getgo as there are fewer suspects. On the other hand, while they're guaranteed not to guilty, it also means they're guaranteed not to be able to kill anyone or do anything special, so the mob would probably leave them alone. That is unless these titles can be applied to townies with other roles, like medics or detectives.

Posted at

The other thing about declared innocent people is it tightens the noose around the mafia from the getgo as there are fewer suspects. On the other hand, while they're guaranteed not to guilty, it also means they're guaranteed not to be able to kill anyone or do anything special, so the mob would probably leave them alone. That is unless these titles can be applied to townies with other roles, like medics or detectives.
The innocence title could be given to anyone who's not a mafia, whether he's a doctor or a detective. That makes sense. However, I would draw the line to exclude anyone who can potentially kill. Vigilante and paranoid could not gain this title in my opinion. If it's only, say…. two people who are given the title of innocent, that would mean that only 10% of the entire population of 20 has been cleared. That's not so bad. We can also try giving only one person the title as an experiment.

Who knows, maybe if I ever decide to run a game again, I might go try to implement this role into the game.

P.S. We really should be using the Mafia discussion topic for these kind of talks, now that I'm thinking about it.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.