Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
crocty
crocty
Posted at

…@_@ Salsa and PP have confused me.

Although I'm not a fan of the 12 hour day/night cycles.

I sleep for 12 hours, man D:

Salsa
Salsa
Posted at

How do I confuse you?

crocty
crocty
Posted at

How do I confuse you?
I don't remember. I'll pick whatever it was as I go along, I'm sure.

Posted at

Hmh? No. It's not 12 hours. It's 24 hours. Basically I'm squeezing the day and the night cycle into one day. I won't make a narration every 12 hours. That would be crazy. At the end of every day I'll make a narration that consists of everything that happened at the end of the 24 hour period.

Every day we'll vote to lynch. Every day the monsters and the hunters send in their night actions. It's a faster game and more exiting.

Although, if people don't like it, I could stretch it to a 48 hour cycle again. If people respond, saying that they want the old time frame again, then I'll change it back. I won't win the election by being inflexible.

crocty
crocty
Posted at

Hmh? No. It's not 12 hours. It's 24 hours. Basically I'm squeezing the day and the night cycle into one day. I won't make a narration every 12 hours. That would be crazy. At the end of every day I'll make a narration that consists of everything that happened at the end of the 24 hour period.

Every day we'll vote to lynch. Every day the monsters and the hunters send in their night actions. It's a faster game and more exiting.

Although, if people don't like it, I could stretch it to a 48 hour cycle again. If people respond, saying that they want the old time frame again, then I'll change it back. I won't win the election by being inflexible.
I dunno, it doesn't sound like not knowing what happened in the day when making a night hit would work well…
I dunno…:o

Posted at

I dunno, it doesn't sound like not knowing what happened in the day when making a night hit would work well…
I dunno…:o
The only thing that happens in the day is the lynch. By paying attention to the forum discussion you can watch what's going on. I'll also establish a rule that all day actions take place before night actions. Thus the prospecting mayor or the pardoner can't be turned during the first day since they'll be protected by the end of the day.

And of course, if a monster is lynched during the day, his night action will be ignored.

This idea of mine was a response to a common complaint that waiting through the night, while all the secret actions were taking place, was boring.

Woot! 2500th post. I'm officially a forum maniac.

\o/

… although the trophy hasn't popped up yet.

crocty
crocty
Posted at

I think you have to post 2,501 times for it to come up.

Well it is true that the nights are always boring…Although that's when the RPing, and cluesolving usually happens.
But eh, do whatcha want, we'll see how well it works.

Salsa
Salsa
Posted at

I'm doing a normal time frame. The main thing with my idea is modding roles and abilities.
Ask about anything you're unsure of and I'll clarify it.

Posted at

Oh crap. 2.501 posts? How long will that take?

Oh right.

Well. I now have one complaint noted down. If more players are unhappy about the idea, let it be heard and I promise to change it into a 48 hour game.

But bottom line. Are you interested in the mash?

Don't make me play the music again.

Edit: I guess you're right. The trophy just popped up.

crocty
crocty
Posted at

I'm not even sure who to vote for now. You both have interesting new ideas, I dunnooooo. Maybe I'll let Mario Kart decide…

Wait, no! I'm not letting Mario Kart make all the important decisions in my life for me! I'll decide before voting ends. Well, it hasn't started, so I have enough time!

Niccea
Niccea
Posted at

As long as Salsa doesn't call himself the Dungeon Master with his game.

And PP doesn't make us do weird dances in his…

I can go either or.

Either that or go with Ochi.

Posted at

Well here's an idea. When monkey opens his poles for everyone to vote and you vote for me, include with your vote whether you want to run the game with a 24 hour cycle or a 48. I will then ask if monkey is nice enough to announce the result if I win. That way I can know if people are interested in the concept or not.

Salsa
Salsa
Posted at

I can go either or.

Dungeon master, no.
Chess Master, I wish.
Game Master, mehbe.
Jose Juan Salsa, Lord of the Mew, … how the heck did that get there?
The crazy guy running this game, yes.

Posted at

This is Tom Cruise.

This is Tom Cruise when hes mad.

This is Tom Cruise when he attacks.

Remember Mafia,if you use Tom Cruise as a weapon,be careful,cause he might hurt YOU. >:O

Posted at

I can go either or.

Just for that….

Posted at

I'll stop accepting runners at 12:00 GMT or in about 15 and ahalf hours. At the same time I'll start accepting votes.

Also PP I'd be happy to inform you who votes for 48 or 24 hour day/night cycles. No offense but I'd perfer the 48 myself. Especailly since the Monster Mash has the slim possiblity of giving everyone a night action XD

PP did you mean if a normal monster attacked a leader the normal one would die and the leader survive or both would?

Posted at

If a monster attempts to attack a leader who's protected by a bodyguard or someone who's protected by a scary movie fan, the monster will be driven away. Both will survive. Just like when the monster attacks someone who has a defense against it.

It's starting to look like that I'll be changing it back to a 48 hour mode. However, if the situation happens that all the townies are dead and only monsters are left, I think I will start skiping the days since there will be no one left with day actions.

Posted at

Yeah, PP, I'm sure 24 hour would work, but you already have a radical difference, I think the normal 48 hour cycle is better.

Posted at

Yeah, PP, I'm sure 24 hour would work, but you already have a radical difference, I think the normal 48 hour cycle is better.

Agreed!

For that you get….

IMA FIRIN MAH LAZOR!!!!

Oh. No.

Wait a second..HES ANGRY!!!!

BLARGH DAMMIT DIE

*Everyone in this thread dies but then revives*

Posted at

Fine. I'm switching it back to 48. But as soon as the last villager dies, and lynching stops, I'm upgrading to 24.

How's that for a compromise?

Salsa
Salsa
Posted at

Are me and PP the only ones running?

Posted at

It happens.

Sometimes we get scores of people lining up to play or be the GM and sometimes it's like nobody want's to bother.

Or maybe people think that our concepts are too awesome to compete with. ^^

Salsa
Salsa
Posted at

It happens.

Sometimes we get scores of people lining up to play or be the GM and sometimes it's like nobody want's to bother.

I think it's the last one. ^-^

Posted at

It happens.

I think it's the last one. ^-^

no, they can't be bothered.

LLLLOOOOOOLLLLLLLL.

Posted at

Okay I'll accept votes now.

It seems like people are too busy in RL to run.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.