Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
A Reaver
A Reaver
Posted at

Pardoner has killing powers since when?

… I wont ask whats happening there.

I will however apologize for forgetting what role you said you had.

Niccea
Niccea
Posted at

Kept my vote there insuring his victory cause I am pretty sure I am still the only person to be elected pardoner in their first game((excluding thee first game)).
I really don't want to go back through the archives and do all the work to confirm this. So… :kitty: Let's just say that…
The funny thing is that the moment I saw monkey's comment I thought "Niccea will probably look that up :þ"
It is a lot of effort to go through the member lists of 40 different games and look for new players (have to compare down the line). An effort that I don't have time for with the schedule from hell.

Posted at

It is a lot of effort to go through the member lists of 40 different games and look for new players (have to compare down the line).
I know. That's why I made that Mafia game clicky list, to make things easier :þ
You know… in theory, every single pardoner has had a passive kill role. He has the ability to pardon someone who's due to be lynched so whenever he refuses to use that power, he's indirectly killing that person.

A Reaver
A Reaver
Posted at

You know… in theory, every single pardoner has had a passive kill role. He has the ability to pardon someone who's due to be lynched so whenever he refuses to use that power, he's indirectly killing that person.
[/quote

I know but I mean they cant exactly Ion beam anyone they see fit… Unless of course salsa is secretly the government…. CONSPIRACY I SAY!!

Salsa
Salsa
Posted at

I know but I mean they cant exactly Ion beam anyone they see fit… Unless of course salsa is secretly the government…. CONSPIRACY I SAY!!

and for the record I prefer plasma to ion weapons (although the ion beam weapons in Homeworld are really cool).

Posted at

and for the record I prefer plasma to ion weapons (although the ion beam weapons in Homeworld are really cool).

I-REMEMBERZ!!!

:kitty:

Salsa
Salsa
Posted at

Okay, only on person sent in their role. You all know what that means.

number 12, you're number's up.

Posted at

I am so mafia that the mafia doesn't even know how mafia I am.

You should all attack me because that's how mafia I am.

I am also so mafia that those attacks will not have any effect and I will just kill you all.

That's how mafia I am.

Apologies Product.

So we all voted for BFF and Salsa and not me.

God. Salsa's name is junky enough. He's obviously a fast food man. Like…The Tostitos guy or somethin like that…
And BFF? SATAN?

You'll rue the day…or somethin like that…

Or somethin like that…

To Chipdip: I'd send in my role if I knew what you were for sure.

Posted at

The only time I argued that killing blindly was ok for the townie side, figuring that in attrition warfare we would maintain the upper hand for a long time and could freely sacrifice, we lost pretty miserably.

I also had pretty slick arguments about player numbers and cycles, but ultimately, in attrition warfare the point is that you DON'T sacrifice. Didn't work for Gullas, Niccea or me. It's your prerogative and I clearly stated support for both you and Same, but if you ignore the behaviors, values, or skills of the players and just select arbitrarily, it's risky…

Of course in keeping with my vow not to treat this game as serious business, I'm chill even if we are potentially eviscerating our allies at random, but it's still fun to think about tactics! <3

Salsa
Salsa
Posted at

The only time I argued that killing blindly was ok for the townie side, figuring that in attrition warfare we would maintain the upper hand for a long time and could freely sacrifice, we lost pretty miserably.

I also had pretty slick arguments about player numbers and cycles, but ultimately, in attrition warfare the point is that you DON'T sacrifice. Didn't work for Gullas, Niccea or me. It's your prerogative and I clearly stated support for both you and Same, but if you ignore the behaviors, values, or skills of the players and just select arbitrarily, it's risky…

Of course in keeping with my vow not to treat this game as serious business, I'm chill even if we are potentially eviscerating our allies at random, but it's still fun to think about tactics! <3

Well seeing as it's Roku, I'd really hate to do it, but if she gives me her role I'll re-roll.

crocty
crocty
Posted at

I am so mafia that the mafia doesn't even know how mafia I am.

You should all attack me because that's how mafia I am.

I am also so mafia that those attacks will not have any effect and I will just kill you all.

That's how mafia I am.
well, good enough for me.

salsa, better attack him, he is mafia after all.

Posted at

Still working on the clues. Narration will be up shortly.

Posted at

Narration!

The exhausted villager pushed himself up against a fence post, in order to catch his breath. Ever since Seventy2 incorporated a nightly jog into his routine, he's been pushing himself harder each and every time. The Personal trainers would indeed be impressed with him, had they decided to come for a visit.
As Seventy pressed his finger up against his neck to count his pulse. He noticed someone walking over to him, carrying something in his hand.
"Try this." said the surly man, handing Seventy a greasy cardboard box, decorated with creepy smiles.
Seventy2 was quick to notice the scent of charred flesh emitting from the box and refused with a frown.
"Well, that's too bad-" said the man, putting the box a way before reaching for his pocket "-It's bad for the boss cause it means he won't get any business out of you and it's bad for you cause that means my boss doesn't need you around".
Despite Seventy2's best effort and ample training, he could not outrun a bullet.

[spoiler]Seventy2 the vegetarian didn't like his happy meal.[/spoiler]

It seems like the biggest campaigners of todays election had caught most of the unwanted attention, since KomradeDave was also being approached tonight.
"Something I can help you with?" asked Komrade.
"Well, I have a situation that needs to be resolved" decreed the balding man before pulling up a knife "-Normally I don't like dirtying my hands but me and my associates have decided that you're a too big of a threat for us."
With a dramatic gesture befitting the snootiest noir films, KomradeDave was stabbed by his assailant.
"Et tu… Caesar?" whimpered KomradeDave before going down.

[spoiler]KomradeDave the Aid received an Oscar for his performance.[/spoiler]

Harkovast was in a foul mood. He's been that way ever since that damn health food trend started. Standing outside the chicken eatery, he contemplated if he should go in. After much deliberation he opted not to since going green meant more readership. But he had caught the attention of the store owner…

Walking back home while muttering to himself, Hark was unaware of the Sharply dressed man who was following him. It wasn't until he could hear the heavy breathing right behind him, when he realized the crazed individual who was about to go all Ozzy Osbourne on his head.
"What the hell is wrong with you!?" screamed Hark, as he narrowly dodged out the way of the snapping jaws.
"Well, aren't you the feisty little chicken?" said the Colonel, rushing at him again.
"What are you calling me chicken for?" yelled Hark, while hanging of a treebranch he had just climbed up.
"Only chickens would be afraid to walk into a chicken restaurant so you must be a chicken!" argued his would be devourer while jumping upwards in order to grab Hark's leg.
The combined weight of the two was enough to snap the branch, causing the Colonel to break Hark's fall. It was enough to disorient him long enough for his would be victim to get away.

[spoiler]Harkovast escaped the Colonels deep frier[/spoiler]

"You're all mine now!" said the hungry man, laughing manically at his victim. With his knife wielding arm in the air, he plunged the blade into the fragile flesh and the Eggplant Parmesan dish was no more.
"Mmmm… my favorite." squeaked the Hamburglar cheerfully as he dug in.
"What the hell happened to you?" said the intruder staring at him with disgust. "-You used to be cool."
"When has the Hamburglar ever considered to be… hey, wait a minute! What are you doing here?"
"You used to be a fast food spokesperson but now you're flagging the green flag." said the intruder angrily and punches the Hamburglar of his chair, before he's able to stand up.
"Look man… I don't want any trouble with you." Said the Hamburglar, with his attacker standing over him.
The intruder took off his jacket and fixed his pointy hat. "Well… that's too bad. You may not be part of the fast food industry anymore but I've got a message to give to your old friends."
"…what message?" asked the Hamburglar.
"…I'm back!"

[spoiler]The Hamburglar the vegetarian went the way of his Eggplant Parmesan.[/spoiler]

"All right. I'm going to need the dumbbells, the exercise rope, the stop watch…" said the Fitness trainer to himself, as he finished packing his duffel bag, preparing himself for a mayor workout. On the way, he was going to make sure someone he thought has been been slagging off was going to learn the real meaning of training.
Just as he stepped outside he was confronted by a strange man, wearing the silliest mustache.
"Halt, evil doer! You will do no harm tonight!" said the man in the blue sports jacket, doing a split before standing on his hands.
"Hey. That was pretty impressive but I bet you can't do this!" said the Fitness trainer, standing on one hand, with his legs split in the air.
"Heh… Think you can outdo me?" scoffed the vigilante, accepting the challenge. "You'll find that I'm the hottest thing around!"
What followed was with out doubt the most impressive display of acrobatic stunts the town has ever witnessed, where each trick became more improbable and physics defying then the last.
…that is until the Fitness trainer attempted a wall run back flip, followed by a triple airborne somersault and landed on his head.

[spoiler]Rokulily the Fitness trainer worked up her last sweat.[/spoiler]

Elsewhere a villager wished that he was never borne as the remaining Fitness trainer worked the crap out of him.

B.K. Was very lonely tonight, since his intended target never showed up. Perhaps he was occupied or already dead?

Night 1 has ended.

Day 2 has begun.

Salsa
Salsa
Posted at

Well I understand if you don't want to give me you roles now, but consider this: if I was not Sportacus, then why would I say that I am? It's too risky and I admitted to killing Rokulily. So I would like to make it known that I would very much like for the town to win, and if we work together, I think we can. For example, One of the murders mentions noir. I have reason to believe this is referencing Niccea's DD mafia comic. Would anyone else like to take a crack at it?

Posted at

Ah dang. Oh well.

I made my own death art.

Looks like his meal wasn't so…happy.

A Reaver
A Reaver
Posted at

Gullas may be the colonel.
He kept trying to eat hark.

Niccea
Niccea
Posted at

Calling the mafia a noir is quite a stretch. However, I think it would be worth it focusing in on the drama since it is a running theme.

A noir is a black and white crime drama.
Komrade acted dramatically
He quoted a Shakespearean Drama

Salsa
Salsa
Posted at

Calling the mafia a noir is quite a stretch. However, I think it would be worth it focusing in on the drama since it is a running theme.

A noir is a black and white crime drama.
Komrade acted dramatically
He quoted a Shakespearean Drama

Point. (Although the mafia is often a part of the noir theme). Who do we know that's dramatic?

Niccea
Niccea
Posted at

People that use black and white comics:

A Reaver
BFFsatan (black and white avatar)
Gullas (Not So Heroic)

Interesting Fact:
D_Dude is from Denmark. And "There is something rotten in the heart of Denmark" ~ Hamlet

I didn't count doodle bins in the comics however.

ayesinback
ayesinback
Posted at

as far as noir, does anyone have a mystery or detective comic?

and then there's

The intruder took off his jacket and fixed his pointy hat.
who wears a pointy hat?

Salsa
Salsa
Posted at

Anthony Mercer has a guy that wears a pointy hat in one of his comic thumbs, but in this case I think it's just saying that Jack did it.

Edit: Looking back over the clues, I may know who killed KomradeDave. He is said to have won an academy award.

ayesinback
ayesinback
Posted at

Anthony Mercer has a guy that wears a pointy hat in one of his comic thumbs, but in this case I think it's just saying that Jack did it.
and then there's Mett's avi(s)

A Reaver
A Reaver
Posted at

and then there's Mett's avi(s)
A little warning.
Im all for pointing out that mett did it but Ive made the mistake before of assuming that a role relevant clue actually pointed out who the killer was.
I believe you should remember who.

ayesinback
ayesinback
Posted at

Im all for pointing out that mett did it but Ive made the mistake before of assuming that a role relevant clue actually pointed out who the killer was.
I believe you should remember who.

point well taken. I have learned never to be the first to vote for a lynch!

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.