Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Posted at

I started talking to my friends about this subject and I heard some good stories, and reminded of others.
Thought I'd pass them on.

A friend of mine had just moved into a house with her 2 younger siblings, and while her parents unpacked upstairs the kids decided to play in the finished basement. There where a couple rooms that where meant to be used as offices or whatever, they had big closet, plus there was the family room and laundry room, and a half bathroom. Anyway…She was hiding in one of the offices. After a while she decided to give up. She stepped out of the closet and into the empty room, when she turned to shut the door she looked right into the face of a young woman with an annoyed expression on her face. She ran upstairs and told her parents, and of course they found nothing. She refuses to enter the room to this day.

Not so much a haunting…but sort of strange. My friend John died a few years back. About a week after he died a friend of the family was driving along the road with her kids and all the sudden they start shouting "Mommy, mommy! John's up in the clouds! He's smiling at us!" The kids seemed soooooo happy. The mom, thinking they where just playing a tricked asked them what John's hair looked like, because he had shaved his head a few days before he died because he was going to boot camp for the Marines in a week. The kids didn't know anything about his. They laughed and said "It's funny mommy. He doesn't have any hair!" Apparently, after John passed a lot of stories went around about people seeing him. Though it's not surprising. John was very popular. There was an hour and a half wait at his viewing. So naturally people really wish to see him alive and laughing again.

The last I was there for, but I didn't see anything. I was sitting outside in a park near my house one night. I'm an insomniac, so I don't sleep much. Walking helps. Anyway I was sitting on a bench, and across the park these emo kids came running. One stopped and asked if I had a camera. I said no. He said there were lights floating in the sky above the river. They were running to their car to get the camera, because their camera phones weren't picking it up. So I walked over, but I didn't see anything. They came running back, and pointing to something in the sky. I didn't see anything still, got bored, and walked away. I don't think they were just playing a joke. They were really excited.

Thats all I have for now. Bye.

crocty
crocty
Posted at

How's this for a supernatural expeirence. I was electrocuted at age 5 and I'm still alive, not only that my body is able to stand extremes that most people can't stand (sub-freezing temps with only a hoody, sweat pants, and thin socks; and about 110 in shorts and a muscle shirt).
1. No, you can't
2. That's not supernatural.

Also, my dead cat haunts my house :(

Randal
Randal
Posted at

Thank you all for posting your experiences in this thread. It's very convenient to have a list handy of folks I can dismiss as gullible and superstitious.

(If you think I'm coming to this conclusion because I've simply never had any creepy experiences, you'd be wrong. However, just because something is unexplainable now, doesn't mean it will be down the road… sort of like when we learned the world wasn't only not flat, but not the center of the universe… and that lightning is not the gods being angry with us, but simple static electricity. Same with volcanoes… nobody's mad… nobody's cursed… just a little too much preasure in the magma chamber near a weak point in the Earth's crust. And that creepy feeling that someone is watching you when nobody's there? Unshielded electro-magnetic resonance.)

Posted at

Same with volcanoes… nobody's mad… nobody's cursed… just a little too much preasure in the magma chamber near a weak point in the Earth's crust.

Heh.. You reminded me of an old story back at my home. Around the year 1000 these chieftains met at their usual meating place to discuss current affairs. Their meeting place was an ancient lava field from an eruption that acurred thousands of years prior to humans ever ariving there. One of the hot topics at that time was if they should take up cristianity but at that time they worshiped the norse gods(Odin, Thor and crew). During their meating they recieve word that a mountain had started to erupt in a different part in the country, not that far away from them. Those who were pro-pagan argued that it was a sign from the gods, that they were angry at the chieftains for considering abandoning their faith. Once those words were spoken one of the chieftains called Snorri quickly responded: "What angered the gods, when the lava we now stand on flowed?"

I just think it's a cool, wise ass response.

FyreHyde
FyreHyde
Posted at

I had one of those Sleep Paralysis moments in my ex-girlfriend's apartment one time. I was laying down and thought I felt something next to me (not her, she was on the other side) and I wondered what it was. Then it started talking to me and calling me a piece of useless garbage or something and it slammed a pressure down on my chest so hard I couldn't breathe. I was gasping for air and trying to yell to wake the girlfriend up to help me, but all I could do was whimper. The voice was laughing at me and daring me to try to stop it or pray to god or whatever. Eventually I relented and stopped fighting it and it went away, felt like it went in the closet, and then I could move again. Scared the everloving shit out of me. Still feels real even when I think about it, but it fits all the criteria of being Sleep Paralysis, which I fully believe it was.

I've sometimes felt kind of attuned to energy that I suppose you could classify as "supernatural", but it's only ever really been a feeling. I mostly contribute it to general paranoia a la Douglas Adams. Tends to manifest in feeling like places are surging with odd energies and things. Like I said, I don't really buy into it, but it doesn't stop me from feeling it at the time. General paranoia comes and goes. Makes you think you've experienced something unusual when really your eyes were probably just losing focus due to a vitamin deficiency or something of the like.

*shrugs*

Posted at

Once, I was dreaming that I was cleaning my room and I reached under the bed. Then this horrible rabbit-looking monster bit the palm of my left hand. I woke up in my bed and didn't think anything of it until in noticed a sharp pain in my left hand. I looked down and there was a bite mark in the palm of my hand. A little bit of the skin was broken but other than that I was fine. It healed in a week, though.

I've had simlar dreams…

only some of mine are a little more disturbing.

like this one time, to make a long story short, I basically dreamed that I was swimming in a sea of blood, and that I was hunting something in the bloody water.

I wake up, and my bed feel slightly damp for some reason. Not damp in the sense of peeing your bed, but more like your bed had been slept in by somebody who had a sweating problem. I throw off my blankets, and I noticed something strange…

it was like my whole body was covered in dry blood. and there was those tiny blood stains scattered all over the bed. Now if it had been confined to my face and just my pillow, then I could had passed it off as me having a bloody nose in my sleep.
But there was no way my bloody nose could had make that much of a mess, especially not with me lying in bed the whole time.

If anybody have a plausible, rational explanation for that I'd love to hear it. (And no, I was not on my period at the time, in case you were going to bring that up).

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Sleep Paralysis moments
Ya, I've had that. I was awake and aware, with my eyes and ears open but my body dead… There was a voice calling, it said it was my sister… but I knew it lied. I was quite scarred because I couldn't move, even though I could see and hear perfectly and just had this wheedling, evil voice calling and cajoling, trying to convince me of its reality.

Heh, I just braved it out. Resolved not to believe in it and wait for it to leave. I was a bit disappointed in my cat, a big black tom, for not protecting me (he was sleeping on my bed at the time), but then cats are about as wise and supernatural as a teddy-bear T_T -looks are deceiving.

It went away when it found it couldn't get to me and I was able to move around again, Paralysis gone, full awareness returned. no more strange sounds. Reality was mundane again… But I still found it hard to get back to sleep after that. :(

Maybe that's the true form of the "demons" who visited early holy people? :)

crocty
crocty
Posted at

If I hadn't of heard about that before, I'd have watched that ya'know.
And seeing as though it's 3:00am here, I'd have being very pissed off at you.
Peoples, it's a screamer.
I frown at Productplacement for posting this and reminding me of my experiences with those kinds of ting :(

Posted at

How's this for a supernatural expeirence. I was electrocuted at age 5 and I'm still alive, not only that my body is able to stand extremes that most people can't stand (sub-freezing temps with only a hoody, sweat pants, and thin socks; and about 110 in shorts and a muscle shirt).
1. No, you can't
2. That's not supernatural.

Also, my dead cat haunts my house :(

Your right that theres nothing supernatural about it…but it can happen to people who are struck by lightning or electrocuted. The nerves become overloaded and basically fried out, so the person is no longer able to perceive pain the same as most people. So it's possible…but i don't know how truthful the first person is. So I can't say if they really are effected.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

hahahaha! Well a lot of people have fun playing around in sub freezing temps totally naked. And even swimming in water of that temperature- seawater obviously, in the Arctic, or else it'd freeze. :P
So the cold is… normal.

As for 110 F. Well that's hardly a big thing either, it's like that most days in summer here, in Australia, and far worse all year round in the dead baked red heart of this country, up North and inland. You have no choice but to wear clothes and walk around in extremely hot temperatures in full sun, sometimes in jeans and boots, whatever. :)

Also, you can't survive electrocution, since that word means "death by electricity". You would have been electrified. I'm not sure what that does to the body exactly, and it also depends on the type of current. From what little I do know, muscle control works on electrical impulses, so those will be overloaded and constantly spasming and locking up, I have no idea what it does to the brain, but it can make your heart beat very erratically and even stop it- in which case you die. The other thing is that the energy gets converted into heat and can burn you extremely badly, water on clothes can mitigate that a bit during the shock as it will give the electricity an alternate pathway, but a severe shock can literally cause an object (including a human), to explode, or at lest cook through.

If you survive a bad shock, you aren't superhuman, just lucky due to some chance mitigating factor. ;)

Randal
Randal
Posted at

I had one of those Sleep Paralysis moments in my ex-girlfriend's apartment one time. I was laying down and thought I felt something next to me (not her, she was on the other side) and I wondered what it was. Then it started talking to me and calling me a piece of useless garbage or something and it slammed a pressure down on my chest so hard I couldn't breathe. I was gasping for air and trying to yell to wake the girlfriend up to help me, but all I could do was whimper. The voice was laughing at me and daring me to try to stop it or pray to god or whatever. Eventually I relented and stopped fighting it and it went away, felt like it went in the closet, and then I could move again. Scared the everloving shit out of me. Still feels real even when I think about it, but it fits all the criteria of being Sleep Paralysis, which I fully believe it was.

I've sometimes felt kind of attuned to energy that I suppose you could classify as "supernatural", but it's only ever really been a feeling. I mostly contribute it to general paranoia a la Douglas Adams. Tends to manifest in feeling like places are surging with odd energies and things. Like I said, I don't really buy into it, but it doesn't stop me from feeling it at the time. General paranoia comes and goes. Makes you think you've experienced something unusual when really your eyes were probably just losing focus due to a vitamin deficiency or something of the like.

*shrugs*

This one's easy, fyre… you were waking up from a dream. This happens all the time. Even happens to me from time to time. Your brain shuts your body down (well, some moreso than others… some not at all) so that you don't harm yourself durring sleep, especially durring dreams where experiences can seem lifelike. as you were waking, your body hadn't been released yet from it's protective state and you are aware that you can't move and feel helpless, but a bit of your dream state is still in control. Another after affect of this is opening your eyes and still seeing a remnant of your dream as if it were right there. That scared the shit out of me once. It was really creepy, but it was also just my concious and subconcious systems both being on at the same time momentarily.

Posted at

I had an experience that involved electricity…i refuse to put up christmas tree lights now.

As for hauntings/paranormal…my mom and I both worked in a Holsum Bakery outlet, and we both have had this experience. And a night guy had a different experience. The building that the store was in, waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back in the day used to be a barn, or rather a place to keep tractors. Anyho, whilest working by myself one day, i hear a thump. I looked around for someone, but it was only me in the store. I then walked around trying to find what fell. There was a package of hotdog buns on the floor. I pick them up and put them back on the shelf, and straighten everything out, so it just wouldn't fall off. I go back behind the checkout to finish the paper work, and thump again. This time, hamburger buns, which are closer to me then hotdog buns. Still no one in the store. I put those up, straighten those shelves making sure nothing can slide off, turn to walk back to the checkout, and thump behind me, hotdog buns again. I was like okay…poltergeist…hmm. at this point i just choose a random name out of my head which was phillip, dubbed it so, and told it to stop playing with the buns. I told my mom about "Phillip" and she said it happens to her too. She would tell me when phillip visited her. Now of course i know it could be scientifically explained, but the creepiest bit, i was working in the store by myself again, heard the thump. plain as day. I was still doing whatever it was i was doing, and i said, phillip pick it up. no games today. I finish up, and walk around the store to find whatever had fallen, and there was nothing on the floor…nothing….

the night guy, who comes in at like 3 am to unload the truck and stack it on rollers and the like, swears up and down he saw a blonde hair man, with a blue and white striped shirt in the back, walk into one of the bread trucks. (this was an outlet, big bread truck stops at a store where four little trucks are parked in the back to go out and deliver bread to the masses.)I was like ooh, you saw phillip. scared the crap out of him.

my mom told me recently that phillip followed her to the new store. she went to go drop off the moneys, and would get back to find lights turned off, doors opened or closed…and this last time, before she left she stood in front of the office door taking strict note, the office light is on, the office door is open, the office light is on, the office door is open. she goes to drop off the money bag, comes back, and a shopping cart was rolled and parked blocking the door to the office. =P

oh and at the house, ive had my bedroom open and close by itself. i don't get any creepy crawly feelings though.

FyreHyde
FyreHyde
Posted at

*shrugs*

This one's easy, fyre… you were waking up from a dream. This happens all the time. Even happens to me from time to time. Your brain shuts your body down (well, some moreso than others… some not at all) so that you don't harm yourself durring sleep, especially durring dreams where experiences can seem lifelike. as you were waking, your body hadn't been released yet from it's protective state and you are aware that you can't move and feel helpless, but a bit of your dream state is still in control. Another after affect of this is opening your eyes and still seeing a remnant of your dream as if it were right there. That scared the shit out of me once. It was really creepy, but it was also just my concious and subconcious systems both being on at the same time momentarily.

Way to Read, genius. I already said that. Look up the wiki article about Sleep Paralysis. It's an odd psychological phenomenon that causes you to feel pinned down because your brain hasn't brought your motor functions back into your conscious control yet. It also tends to make you hallucinate.

Seriously. The whole point of my comment was to say I've had odd moments but I wouldn't ever classify them as ACTUALLY supernatural. Just tricks of the mind. The human brain is quite an odd beast.

Randal
Randal
Posted at

Way to Read, genius. I already said that. Look up the wiki article about Sleep Paralysis. It's an odd psychological phenomenon that causes you to feel pinned down because your brain hasn't brought your motor functions back into your conscious control yet. It also tends to make you hallucinate.

Seriously. The whole point of my comment was to say I've had odd moments but I wouldn't ever classify them as ACTUALLY supernatural. Just tricks of the mind. The human brain is quite an odd beast.

Way to re-itterate what I already said. :/

Also, way to be congenial about it, ass. Remind me again why I let you populate the chat room? ;)

FyreHyde
FyreHyde
Posted at

Probably because I'm a relatively nice guy when nobody's being condescending to me. Also I don't break the chat rules.

I wasn't aware that using a tiny bit of sarcasm counted as being a total ass. If you don't want somebody tossing some your way, then don't post in forums. *shrugs*

It's not like I think you're an idiot, guy, sheesh. Not a huge one, anyway. ;)

crocty
crocty
Posted at

I have a buncha these.
There's one time me and my friend were in my room, and it felt like someone was watching us. I mean seriously. But Randal just said how that happened. So…yeah.

Also, one time in my bed, I was leaning against this closet, I wasn't going to sleep, so it can't have been sleep paralysis or whatever, and I heard a knocking. It wasn't like coathangers knocking on it, and I hadn't knocked it. I thought not much of it. But then it happened again. And I quickly jumped out of the bed. It could've been my brother knocking it as a joke, but it sounded like it was high up, and it was definitely coming from the closet. I never liked that closet.

And pretty much all my family has seen our cat. When I saw her, I just randomly turned around, I don't actually know why, and I swear I saw her, she ran away, and I followed her, but she disappeared.
Looking back on it, I don't really remember seeing her that clearly though.

There's probably a logical explanation for them, but until then, it's a mystery…

Sugarless
Sugarless
Posted at

There's a cobble stone path next to my house and whenever you run up or down it echoes. My brother got a bunch of free stuff that was given away from a dead man's house and ever since he brought it home weird things happened. One was the death bike because the chain always popped off and sent its passengers flying off. That was funny. But anyway something was thrown in the backyard like a rock from the stone path and when I went to see who threw it I didn't see anyone there but I clearly heard the echoing footsteps running up the path. FREAKY.

Still I don't believe in stuff like that.

Izzy11
Izzy11
Posted at

Once when i was about 6 years old i woke up at about 3 in the morning to find my bed was at a different side of my room, and that my covers were tucked in so tight i couldn't move, once i managed get out of bed i started hearing these voices whispering to me, my natural response was to shout for my parents but before i could the voices got louder and i started to throw up, when my parents came to see what the commotion was all about my mum started asking "What's wrong with your eyes?!" i managed to stop throwing up for a bit to ask "Why what's wrong?" she replied "They're red!" Once she said that the voices stopped and i felt ok. To this day it still scares me shitless thinking about it. :(

Randal
Randal
Posted at

Probably because I'm a relatively nice guy when nobody's being condescending to me. Also I don't break the chat rules.

I wasn't aware that using a tiny bit of sarcasm counted as being a total ass. If you don't want somebody tossing some your way, then don't post in forums. *shrugs*

It's not like I think you're an idiot, guy, sheesh. Not a huge one, anyway. ;)

You read condescention that wasn't there, Corey. I was just being encyclopedia brown. I don't goof around on the forums quite as much as like we do in chat. As for you being relatively nice, I've (for the most part) only witnessed this toward people who don't disagree with you…

However I will say I was feeling extra grumpy and mean when I wrote that one post about people being gullible and superstitious. I shouldn't have handled it that way. As far as I'm concerned, people can believe what they want. :/

crazyduck
crazyduck
Posted at

A few years ago, my family and I lived in a really old farm house up on a hill, surround on three sides by corn fields. The house had been built in two sections, the second half going up many, many years later then the first half.

There was a guest room in the middle of the house, and both my uncle (on my dad's side of the family) from Indiana and my grandfather (on my mum's side) from England reported waking up in the middle of the night and seeing a woman in an old fashioned white dress standing over them. First my grandfather, then my uncle described the woman, several months apart, without ever having talked about it with each other. I mean, they aren't exactly close.

Also, one day my parents were in the living room (the newer side of the house) and they both suddenly grew cold. My dad glanced over towards the side of the room my mum was on (she was ironing, if anyone's wondering) and saw a short, old man standing in the doorway to the kitchen. The doorway to the kitchen used to be where the original house ended, where the front door used to stand. It was almost as if the ghost of an old man was staring out of his doorway, looking at his crops.

Spooky?

Eh, a little bit.

Personally, I never had any supernatural experiences in the house beyond the every now and then feeling of being watched and a random chill down the spine…and that's hardly evidence of the paranormal.

This house also had a shuffle board out in the lawn. Everyone likes to play shuffle board!

amanda
amanda
Posted at

However I will say I was feeling extra grumpy and mean when I wrote that one post about people being gullible and superstitious. I shouldn't have handled it that way. As far as I'm concerned, people can believe what they want. :/
No worries - you're entitled to your opinion too ^.^

Posted at

I frown at Productplacement for posting this and reminding me of my experiences with those kinds of ting :(

crocty
crocty
Posted at

Whatever that is, I refuse to watch it.
I'm never trusting you again! :cry:

Also, one time, some dude started whispering "oh yeah" to me when I was sleeping.
(-_-) And before anyone says, no, it wasn't sex noises.
Filthy child.

seventy2
seventy2
Posted at

Also, one time, some dude started whispering "oh yeah" to me when I was sleeping.
Filthy child.

that's a reaction to the video he posted….nothing scary…just some guy freaking out…i stake my reputation on it…

crocty
crocty
Posted at

Filthy child.

that's a reaction to the video he posted….nothing scary…just some guy freaking out…i stake my reputation on it…
Oh yeah, I've heard of those.
:D

Also, my house is SOOOOO haunted damnit!

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.