Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Inkmonkey
Inkmonkey
Posted at

Okay, well, time for my first rant.

Fuck Firefox.

I've been seeing it all over the internet lately; people acting like it's practically magic. Now, I'm not a "proud" internet explorer user; in fact, I'd go so far as to say IE is pretty much completely uninteresting on its own. But I'm tired of people acting like there's something wrong with me becaues I don't want to download a new program when the one I've got works fine. It's like walking up to me and saying, "Khakis? Why are you wearing khakis? Don't you know that jeans are much more durable?" All this crap about how it's "virusproof" or whatever is complete BS; it's just that all the viruses are written for IE because it's got the larger install base, and thus the most potential victims. If anything it's the jerkoffs with firefox making all the viruses.

So, if you like Firefox, that's fine. Whatever. It'sa completely functional means by which to explore the internet. But, unless someone is asking, "Hey, what do you think the best web browser is?" keep that information to yourself. I don't need some asshat telling me I need to download and install a completely new browser every time my computer has a little hiccup.

Skullbie
Skullbie
Posted at

People are overly loyal to firefox in a 'if rise with IE you ride with Hitler' sense, but on the flip side people on IE whining about viruses and ads while not doing something themselves are just as bad.

You can keep both Firefox and IE as browsers and switch when you like- and with installation taking less then 5 minutes the only people complaining would be the 'ew no i'm not going to conform!' types. But do what works for you it's just an internet browser. that will change you life and make it fit for a king by presenting with a bar of solid gold upon download.

Bocaj
Bocaj
Posted at

Khakis? Why are you wearing khakis? Don't you know that jeans are much more durable?
Jeans are for chumps. Khakis are superior. And the baggier the better!!

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

For me, my first good browser experience was with Netscape, before Gate's crappier IE became a forced monopoly through the browser OS integration update. Then Netscape started to die for lack of users to develop for and because sites now had to all develop for and use very dodgy IE introduced coding to work. Those were dark years that screwed up web design and browsing started to suck. But then Netscape came back- The brand was sold to AOL but the dev team kept making their Mozilla browser and they produced the IE-like Firefox simplified version of it to get users back, and it worked! And now the web is more diverse again and MS can't force us to use whatever coding types it wants anymore.
Mozilla turned into Seamonkey and still carries the torch for the original product. :)

If it wasn't for Firefox, pretty soon Flash would die and you'd be stuck with the new and buggy Silverlight, just because MS would force that to be the case. And have you seen the shit way MS products produce web code? Ew. I wouldn't that that bloat as the new web standard.
Firefox is good because it enabled an ecology of diversity that paved the way for Chrome, and even Safari and ensures Opera continues, and the rest of the small fry. :)

By all means use whichever browser you prefer, IE, Firefox, Opera etc. I'm just glad there's a real choice ^_^

JoeL_CQB
JoeL_CQB
Posted at

I find it funny how people say that Google keeps track of all your saved passwords and other privacy stuff when you are using Google chrome.

and I'm like "do you have a Gmail? they already have all your passwords." and then internet providers already keep track of your browsing history and all that crap.

and nothing in the EULA says anything about Google storing all your personal information on their servers.

Skullbie
Skullbie
Posted at

So was trying to fall asleep, when something beckoned me to get up and turn on the lights. I did so and looked over to my bed; there was a goddamn eight-legged little bastard crawling towards my pillows. I quickly crushed him with that box of tissues that was beside my bed for no reason– and his disgusting mangled form fell onto my pillow! I quickly shook him off into the crevice between my bed and the wall. Little bastards probably down there even now, organs crushed and legs broken– screaming for his spider friends to come end his misery.
I'll kill them before they get there.
I kill everything in my room with more than four legs. (Except Praying mantis's they understand me.)

Also I've been thinking about getting an xbox, the games that have been popping up on it sound great. But then maybe I could save my money for something substantial.Hmmmmm

Posted at

I have a few rants actually,
The whole 'thing' with the cute girl ended already. At least she wasn't like the last girl, and said stupid sh**. She was quite nice about it, and said she's really into this one guy.

Sadly, she'll end up getting hurt, because I know that guy, and one of my friends (that's a girl) went out with him, and I'm pretty sure he cheats.

But, I have been working out a lot lately, and been trying to do better in school. Whilst trying to start up my comic. But I notice my immune system is getting a LOT stronger than it was before. I work out in just a black tank top *Usually jeans too*, and I have one bay of my back garage open while I do. It's quite cold outside, and you figure all that sweat mixed with the cold, you would think I'd get sick. But no, and I'm so glad!

Also pretty much realize, that I have to be cute. There is no way of avoiding it now. As much as I say I'm not, it can't be true. How so, you ask? Well let's see here, I found out that about 3 girls like me. All within like, 2 weeks. One isn't really my type, and she hangs out with my ex girlfriend. Another is just kinda creepy. And the last one, is actually my type. The last one is pretty cute too, and apparently after I found out that she liked me, I acted a little different, so she called my one friend and freaked out. I thought that was pretty cute.

As for my comic. I realize I suck drawing backgrounds. I really, really do. If I need to practice drawing anything, it's backgrounds. I feel I'll get better, I just gotta keep up with it.

And I noticed that I'm getting more and more fit.

OH, and I celebrated my 16th birthday Friday (it's really this Wednesday). And I was VERY pleased with what I got. My brother got me The Force Unleashed for the Wii *Love it*, and a pad of some Strathmore paper *It's not Bristol, but it seems like it's going to work well*. My parents got me a blue, 8 gig, 4th gen iPod Nano *The newest ones*, which I pretty much am in love with. Like seriously, I use it all the time now. And my uncle got me a 25 dollar iTunes store card, which I bought Sonic the Hedgehog, 3 Beavis and Butthead episodes, and 4 Batman Beyond episodes with. <333

And my other Uncle, gave me 20 dollars. Which I combined with my other 20, got a Visa gift card, and ordered Scud the Disposable Assassin: The Whole Shebang, which is a big book that collects 1-24 of Rob Schrab's Scud the Disposable Assassin comic. I've been wanting it for a very long time now. I also ordered 4 random Tales of the TMNT comics.

I have another quick rant.
iTunes is making me angry. I was getting the album artwork for my songs, and for some reason, the ONLY CD that does not want to change for some reason, is Redefine by SOiL. Which is making me so mad. I keep making sure EVERYTHING is the same, and yet, nothing happens. I might have to re-put the songs on my iTunes. Hopefully then, it'll work!

NickGuy
NickGuy
Posted at

Also pretty much realize, that I have to be cute. There is no way of avoiding it now. As much as I say I'm not, it can't be true. How so, you ask? Well let's see here, I found out that about 3 girls like me. All within like, 2 weeks. One isn't really my type, and she hangs out with my ex girlfriend. Another is just kinda creepy. And the last one, is actually my type. The last one is pretty cute too, and apparently after I found out that she liked me, I acted a little different, so she called my one friend and freaked out. I thought that was pretty cute.

Ive alway known that Im wickedly attractive…intimidatingly so, too. Girls would never TELL me they wanted to jump my bones, Id always hear it from my brother, mother, sister, friends, etc….and then id go "why didnt they tell me themselves" and the answer would always be "because they're afraid youll say no"

*sigh* sometimes i wish i was uglier….

Posted at

Ive alway known that Im wickedly attractive…intimidatingly so, too. Girls would never TELL me they wanted to jump my bones, Id always hear it from my brother, mother, sister, friends, etc….and then id go "why didnt they tell me themselves" and the answer would always be "because they're afraid youll say no"

*sigh* sometimes i wish i was uglier….

lol. I know how you feel.

Not really about the uglier thing, because I used to be not so cute.
I was a little chubby geek back when I was like, 12. It wasn't until last year that I took initiative and started to lose weight, and become the cute kid I am now! =D

Posted at

I finally bought Sam & Max Season 1 last week, and was just getting around to installing it on my main computer, when the damn thing refused to work. Why? I did a little searching and found out it uses SecuROM copy protection, and for some reason that I am unable to fathom, the f***ing thing won't even let itself be recognized by my drive.

I've used games with SecuROM protection before, and I've had different levels of trouble, but never before have they refused to install! I paid for the game, I want to play the game, why the friggin' hell should I be punished for reasons that can't even be explained on the developer's forums?!

*sigh*

I guess I'll try it on one of my other computers.

Posted at

My first topic in a month got locked in 2 seconds.

Skullbie
Skullbie
Posted at

They be lock happy as of late.

Posted at

Hello Skullbie my friend :)
My original rant:
OK… I had some oppertunities out west so a lil' over a month ago I decided to move. I've been very busy preparing… I even sold my house on a rent to own deal. I drove all the way from my home in Knoxville Tn to my new apartment in LA… I couldn't do it. Once reality set in and I realized how different my life was gon'na be I became so stressed out I couldn't think of anything but coming home! I totally chickened out! So I only stayed for two days and now I'm back in TN. So I moved across the country twice in the same week. But my only real regret… I missed out on a month of drawing!

Posted at

dont take it personally… we keep this topic stickied because we want to prevent a lot of single thread rants

Posted at

dont take it personally… we keep this topic stickied because we want to prevent a lot of single thread rants
Countless single thread rants? That would suck immeasurably. I'd have to start a single thread rant just to rant about it.

Posted at

I…I think I definitely over did working out today.
I ran a little more than I should have. And I kind of threw up, and almost passed out.

I'm stupid.
I definitely need to work on NOT going over my limits.

HippieVan
HippieVan
Posted at

Raspberries taste so good, but those little seeds always get stuck in my teeth!

Posted at

And you know if one gets lodged in there, a tree will grow inside your head.

That's a kind of hippie thing to do - plant a tree inside your head, for peace. %)

Posted at

Main I don't take nothing personally… I'm cool as a cucumber jack.

seventy2
seventy2
Posted at

fable II.

is fun. i'm good tho, but that's so hard. just like in real life. i find the controls a bit….stupider than from the original. others that have played both will understand. i do enjoy the fact that i dont hit innocent people unless i target them…

also, searching for a place that will allow our dogs has left me two options. both of which are screwing me….one in the short run…one in the long run…what do i do?

HippieVan
HippieVan
Posted at

And you know if one gets lodged in there, a tree will grow inside your head.

That's a kind of hippie thing to do - plant a tree inside your head, for peace. %)

Awesome idea. I think I'll put a raspberry in each ear, as well.

Rant: I feel really sick, and I don't know why…I was out with my friends having fun and then all of a sudden I thought I was going to throw up. The car ride home was horrible. I was still wearing all my layers of jackets and sweaters and the heat was blasting, so that didn't help.

Posted at

Rant: I feel really sick, and I don't know why…I was out with my friends having fun and then all of a sudden I thought I was going to throw up. The car ride home was horrible. I was still wearing all my layers of jackets and sweaters and the heat was blasting, so that didn't help.
That could be a bug, but you don't say whether you were high on skunk and cheap cider? Or you could be 'up the duff'.

Rant: Grrrrrrrr…….. you didn't come to welcome me at Top Drawer Gamma, Hippie Van!

HippieVan
HippieVan
Posted at

That could be a bug, but you don't say whether you were high on skunk and cheap cider? Or you could be 'up the duff'.

Rant: Grrrrrrrr…….. you didn't come to welcome me at Top Drawer Gamma, Hippie Van!

:O No, I was not. For your information, I was just at a(really bad) movie. Plus cheap cider is yucky. I want nothing to do with that.

What the heck are you talking about? I totally came to welcome you before you posted that, crazyhead. *cough*

Posted at

What the heck are you talking about? I totally came to welcome you before you posted that, crazyhead. *cough*
Oh yeah; I must've just logged out've TOP DRAWER GAMMA before you logged into TOP DRAWER GAMMA. I suppose that's the enigmatic nature of TOP DRAWER GAMMA.

Are you still looking to promote TOP DRAWER GAMMA?

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.