Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
HippieVan
HippieVan
Posted at

What the heck are you talking about? I totally came to welcome you before you posted that, crazyhead. *cough*
Oh yeah; I must've just logged out've TOP DRAWER GAMMA before you logged into TOP DRAWER GAMMA. I suppose that's the enigmatic nature of TOP DRAWER GAMMA.

Are you still looking to promote TOP DRAWER GAMMA?

Oh, you mean TOP DRAWER GAMMA, that awesome forum that everyone should go join?

Meh.

Rant: Great. Now I'm getting a horrible cold. I think I'm too delicate(and small, I think midgets get cold faster) to be outside in the kind of weather I was in yesterday. I really don't handle the cold well, in fact I think I may be slightly allergic to it.

lba
lba
Posted at

YAY! I'm poor again!

I just bought the upgrade to creative suite CS4 since I couldn't get CS3 to work any more and nobody was going to give me tech support for it. $350 later, I'm trying to think where all the money I saved up last summer has gone to. Although, I'm kind of glad I got it. Not having photoshop or illustrator was killing me. And hopefully I won't need to buy it again until I get my undergraduate 2 years from now.

And that actually is a happy rant mind you. I don't mind being poor for shiny toys.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

YAY! I'm poor again!

I just bought the upgrade to creative suite CS4
Grrr, damn students and your educational editions. Grrr! >__<

seventy2
seventy2
Posted at

i hate spore space age stage….i spent 6 hours and managed to lose all my colonies and homeworld….this was after i went thru the civilization stage in less than one hour….

i'm also tired and have to go into work on a non work for me day…

Arashi_san
Arashi_san
Posted at

I think I'm growing a raspberry tree in my head. :(

Posted at

I have too many things I want to do in my free time, but somehow I keep ending up playing Oblivion all evening.

warefish
warefish
Posted at

I have too many things I want to do in my free time, but somehow I keep ending up playing Oblivion all evening.
I don't blame you. Oblivion is awesome!!
(I am an Oblivion addict as well :P).

HippieVan
HippieVan
Posted at

You know what I hate? Things that say "This is not a toy" when they clearly are.

Posted at

You know what I hate? Things that say "This is not a toy" when they clearly are.
You mean like that painting by Magritte where it says this is not a pipe? I didn't realise those damn surrealists had infiltrated the toy market.

bravo1102
bravo1102
Posted at

So when you start a job for a certain shift and when you meet the guy who works during the week he says can you work for him sometime…

Two weeks. 4-midnight (weekdays) the nuts are awake unlike my shift whre they're asleep (midnight to 8 weekends)

Okay they're not nuts but sweet senior citizens.

Second rant: okay can we just choose a poll and declare Obama the winner already? McCain is sounding pathetic and Obama is beginning to sound like Huey Long (spread the wealth…look it up)

Maybe they should throw the election into the Congress and have the president chosen by the House (Obama) with Sarah Palin as VP. Now that'd be the best match-up since Adams and Jefferson.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

with Sarah Palin as VP.
No way. I have a better choice: Kyupol. :)

lba
lba
Posted at

YAY! I'm poor again!

I just bought the upgrade to creative suite CS4
Grrr, damn students and your educational editions. Grrr! >__<

It's the full edition Oz. Not a student edition. CS4 is already on the shelves here.

JoeL_CQB
JoeL_CQB
Posted at

my site is having a server move, so it's down!
grrr!

EDIT: rawr! they erased everything in the move! those dicks!

HippieVan
HippieVan
Posted at

with Sarah Palin as VP.
No way. I have a better choice: Kyupol. :)

I think you just blew my mind.

Posted at

I'm incredibly happy. Tomorrow is my birthday, and I finally got a really nice lower body workout in.

Since my legs have really weakened since last school year (When I had Gym class, and ran everyday), I could barely run a few minutes without practically dying. So, I started doing medium paced walking.

I usually only run for about 5 minutes, and only burn about 80-90 calories per time, and it only lasts for about .30 miles. Which isn't even a whole mile.

I did the walking thing for a whole half hour, burned about 400 calories, and did 2 miles.

Muuuuch better if I say so myself. It also doesn't help that Michigan is the coldest state in the US pretty much, and ugh. But still. I'm proud of myself.

Also pencilled the first page of my comic, and it looks great! I'm just inking it, then I can move on to page 2!

Only rant part: I have homework, and don't want to do it :(

Bocaj
Bocaj
Posted at

They say it may snow tomorrow.
Just a little bit, not enough for a school delay, but it makes me happy. I love snow! I love cold weather, I just do.

Also Halloween is approaching, I know what I'm doing, but I don't know what I'm being.
I was going to be a redneck. I was going to wear long underwear (top and bottom), shorts, boots, and suspenders. I may not, though; A.) Everyone who I tell about my costume says it is either unrecognizable, or stupid, and B.) The girl who is hosting the party says it sounds bad, because she thinks it would be like I would just be wearing underwear, but when in reality I'd be covering my whole body and with more layers than I normally do. I think I'm going to talk to a friend who owns just a lot of random costumes, and see if I can borrow an old one from her or something. One thing I think would be funny is to wear a costume that is too small and/or very childish.

Also, I have a lot of homework (junior year is a lot of fun :D), but I'm trudging through it, and may be able to bring one or two Bs to an an A!

Finally: Happy Almost B-Day, Ryu!

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

It's the full edition Oz. Not a student edition. CS4 is already on the shelves here.
Upgrading to full for that price? o_O so cheap!

lba
lba
Posted at

It costs less to upgrade if you already have a previous version, and my school pulls some serious strings or something to get us a massive discount. It costs $500 to get the master suite. I just stuck with the regular extended creative suite though.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

That's a huge discount… Normally it's a lot more to upgrade…

seventy2
seventy2
Posted at

soooo…i need to move out. and lately i've been looking at a couple places. 1. which is basically free housing, until they add all the fees. will screw me in the long run. 2. screws me in the short run with all it's move in fees. however, i just got a loan that will let me not worry about the finances. so bam. i get not screwed in either direction.

also my dog got diarea. but she is so house trained that she'd run to the door, start whining and howling and basically hobble all the way to the apartment grounds before exploding….we did that 4 times in about half an hour….fun times…

also….i love working out….i feel really great….

lefarce
lefarce
Posted at

My rant is that I'm just doing too well at work. I'm number one in the district for collections and credit management, and at this rate if a single higher member of the company quits, I will move up to be the head of sales for my store, or head of credit and collections. Considering that my assistant manager is basically the butt of everyone's jokes and otherwise a fucking joke of a human being, I've pretty much been assured a posistion based on the belife that either he will be fired shortly, or quit.

And there is the problem. I feel bad for making everyone else look like shit. I'm fucking over my partner in the sense that he's closing much higher (that's bad mind you, lower the number the better the outcome) than me, and that the other guy basically gets picked on constantly, yet still has to manage a family of five (I think).

Has it come to this? I'm too awesome? Morality is catching up to me?

I seems Lefarce may have to leave his kickassery behind and give someone else a chance. Woe is meeeee~

Katch
Katch
Posted at

Elementary art class at 10 AM= Hell =_=

That's about all XD

Posted at

I have achieved, even if temporarily, one of my goals in art: to be able to pencil five pages in one day. I did that twice in a row and the day before that I did four pages, so unless the next project will require from me very intricate backgrounds or my back problems return, I should be capable of maintaining that number for a while.
Also, I don't think this work suffers in quality compared to previous pages, so I guess I'm quite happy :D

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Photoshop CS4 is lame…
The brushes are slightly slower than CS2 or CS3 (but much faster than CS1). The button for changing the screen type has now moved from the tools menu entirely and resides at the top of the screen. You have to click on it, which brings up a submenu and then you have to pick which one you want. Other crap is still bad from the earlier versions like the reduction in the layer options (linking, combining in different ways etc.), but that's to be expected. The navigator tool is now not as good anymore; when you're working in either of the full screen modes, the navigator won't allow you to move the view outside the document and screen borders… you can only do that with the hand tool on the main screen.

And that's most of the irritating stuff so far. Worst being the brush speed.

——
The good stuff so far is you can rotate your document view any angle. The fact it uses video acceleration so you no longer get the pixely effect on zoom levels that don't go in the 12% 25%, 50%, levels. It's now smooth at any level.
And not much more than that really.

Posted at

i just got a loan that will let me not worry about the finances. so bam. i get not screwed in either direction.

except for the part where you didn't worry about paying the loan back until you actually had to do it and then had no money to do so :D

I really don't want to work today. My vacation was actually pretty tiring and I caught something on the way back that has been making me feel weak and sleepy, I hardly have the energy to walk the dog. But there is so much work I have to do… :[

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.