Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

but the gallery has a videotape of who did it and they're going to file a police report and they're being nice to me, since they want me to come back, so they offered to give me 1/2 of the price of the painting and whatever other compensation there might be if they take the guy to court.
Phew! That's excellent :)
When you said that about your art, I thought you'd left it stacked against a wall outside or something…
————–

My Christmas adventures so far… Some of it.
I got a nice flexible rubber keyboard yesterday… Only to find out it was a piece of crap! Gah!!! …Took it back today and they replaced it with another one, wankers wouldn't just give me back my money, and they overcharged me by 10$ for a mouse I got too. Ah well. Hopefully this one will actually work. Buying computer stuff online is so much cheaper and almost always better quality … when will I learn?

I helped a little tiny baby bird on Monday. A little willy-wagtail. Poor thing had fallen out of the nest and it's parents were protecting it. I saw it in the middle of the pathway as I walked to work. I put it out of the was near a tree… When I came back from work it was still there, so were it's parents, so I went home, made a nest for it and put it in that on top of a high wall where it could be safe. It seems to have done ok after that. ^_^

The other day I ordered a new hat online. The best hat ever to have existed will soon exist… Apparently it will be ready around the 19th of January. Last time I got a hat online it was made of fur and awesome and was the envy of everyone. This one will be even BETTER!
…if all goes to plan.

I paid for it in euros too, lots of euros. I LOVE euros. :)

Croi Dhubh
Croi Dhubh
Posted at

I may end up punching someone today…let's hope for their sake I do not

seventy2
seventy2
Posted at

i'm in the same boat croi. he's my roommate and a doosh and a half.
———

i have 2 beers in me, and 3 glasses of water. it's game on. me and my friends are all going to stumble downtown to our favorite bartender (terrance) and getting trashed, then stumbling back.

"but seventy2 i thought you said you cant drink" you say.

i did say that, but apparently in super fine print there was a clause that exempted christmas eve, and newyears day. only on the fact that if i drink i have to deliver toys to children around the world by tomorrow morning.

wait. only half that is true.

HippieVan
HippieVan
Posted at

I usually have a frown sort of stuck on my face. That's just the way I've been ever since I was born. But today a lot of good things happened…including a good friend giving me a nice harmonica because of a remark I made about wishing I was musical and liking the harmonica. I came home and found it in my mailbox, without wrapping or a tag or anything. Later on he sent me a text saying to check my mailbox. Turned out he had come over assuming I'd be there, and just put it in the mailbox when I wasn't.
So now I'm all smiley and it's hurting my face a little bit.

seventy2
seventy2
Posted at

hehehhehehehehehehehehehhehehehehehehehe….
guess how wasted i am. somebody punched out a window. everyone's mad because someone punched out a window…..when drunk it's hard to see. i got a letter from my wife saying she got stuck on a hill, and a phone number to call. i lvoe he rr soo much…the room keeps shiftnig, and my roomatest here mad that he didnt go along, no one wanted him there…hahahahha

i miss my wife….hahahahhahaiiii'''m so drunk….hahahahahhahahahahah.

Sea_Cow
Sea_Cow
Posted at

I had one of those days where you get pissed off at enough people enough times that you start thinking about the ignorance and selfishness in human nature and you go watch clips of people dying horribly and listening to heavy metal, going to bed shaking with something that feels like you're going crazy. After that, I woke up and drank some eggnog. That made me feel better.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

I ate too much…

Then I went to the loo…

Now I'm eating too much AGAIN.
I love Christmas ^___^

Posted at

hehehhehehehehehehehehehhehehehehehehehe….
guess how wasted i am. somebody punched out a window. everyone's mad because someone punched out a window…..when drunk it's hard to see. i got a letter from my wife saying she got stuck on a hill, and a phone number to call. i lvoe he rr soo much…the room keeps shiftnig, and my roomatest here mad that he didnt go along, no one wanted him there…hahahahha

i miss my wife….hahahahhahaiiii'''m so drunk….hahahahahhahahahahah.

Welcome to another exciting installment of seventy2's livejournal, formerly known as the Rant or Vent here thread.

(Do you really have to post something here every time you get drunk, work out, and/or miss your wife? Because you've been doing that a lot the last couple of months.)

There's no thursday feature because it's my holiday and I don't want to spend it on the computer reading comics, suckerrrrrs

Skullbie
Skullbie
Posted at

Welcome to another exciting installment of seventy2's livejournal, formerly known as the Rant or Vent here thread.
That's wasn't very nice skool, it's healing to post your troubles here and he's not intruding on anybody purposely.

A feature would have been a good christmas present to someone.

crocty
crocty
Posted at

Aww, I was rather hoping there would be people here complaining about how they're so lonely…

):

Posted at

I just think the thread is worth a little more than an announcement board for when someone's so drunk they can hardly type, I feel like that kind of thing cheapens the forums. You're right though, I was mean in what I said and unfair to seventy2 who just uses the thread the same way a lot of other posters do. I'd edit it so he doesn't have to read it but you quoted me so I should own up. seventy2, I'm sorry I made bitchy comments and didn't think enough about what I was typing. Could we please keep drunken posting to a minimum? :) (Despite the site's name, shouldn't you have more fun things to do when that wasted anyway?)

I don't have anything against rants, vents, or troubles, but there's been a lot of unrelated stuff sneaking into this thread lately (like ozone's hats and sub's bar hookups T_T). Maybe it's getting too long. A new thread for a new year? 'This is the update on my life' thread? That's pretty much what it seems to have turned into, although originally it was meant as a way for people to vent some frustration it's more of an 'I gotta share this with someone and the internet is always listening' place now. :)

Being a feature probably would have been a nice Christmas present, but when there's only 2 people to do it, we should get some time off too! Traffic dies over the holidays anyway so it wouldn't be much of a boost for whoever would have been featured.

Aww, I was rather hoping there would be people here complaining about how they're so lonely…
I'm not lonely, I have my dog… I'll be your friend if you want to be friends with a mean witch.

Posted at

I just think the thread is worth a little more than an announcement board for when someone's so drunk they can hardly type, I feel like that kind of thing cheapens the forums. You're right though, I was mean in what I said and unfair to seventy2 who just uses the thread the same way a lot of other posters do. I'd edit it so he doesn't have to read it but you quoted me so I should own up. seventy2, I'm sorry I made bitchy comments and didn't think enough about what I was typing. Could we please keep drunken posting to a minimum? :) (Despite the site's name, shouldn't you have more fun things to do when that wasted anyway?)

I don't have anything against rants, vents, or troubles, but there's been a lot of unrelated stuff sneaking into this thread lately (like ozone's hats and sub's bar hookups T_T). Maybe it's getting too long. A new thread for a new year? 'This is the update on my life' thread? That's pretty much what it seems to have turned into, although originally it was meant as a way for people to vent some frustration it's more of an 'I gotta share this with someone and the internet is always listening' place now. :)

Being a feature probably would have been a nice Christmas present, but when there's only 2 people to do it, we should get some time off too! Traffic dies over the holidays anyway so it wouldn't be much of a boost for whoever would have been featured.

I'm not lonely, I have my dog… I'll be your friend if you want to be friends with a mean witch.

Meh, I agreed with your first post.

Also: Features are something to be earned, not be handed out as a gift. Anyone wanting a feature should probably worry more about keeping a decent update schedule, gripping story, great art, etc. A feature may boost your views temporarily, but it doesn't mean you will get long standing fans. you have to be able to impress, and keep people impressed. People are finicky, and tend to stop reading if things slow down too much.

JoeL_CQB
JoeL_CQB
Posted at

what is up with people posting on forums drunk? not specifically here but in general.

it makes it seem like they're getting drunk by themselves…

HippieVan
HippieVan
Posted at

I think I spend too much time in stoner/hippie stores. I discovered today that I can recognize the products(not just bongs, thank you very much) of separate stoner stores by their smell. I actually did that in front of my mom, which was kind of embarassing. I was like *sniff* oh, you got me this from Kustom Kulture! The store with the giant wall of bongs! I mean…not that I go there a lot…

Posted at

My gripe: Why do people insist on lighting fireworks on Christmas? I was just sitting here in my house minding my own, when all of a sudden a LOUD bang sounded outside… Instantly, my PTSD got the best of me, and I started freaking out, and checking myself for bleeding. When I finally realized what was going on, I looked outside to find about 15 drunk guys lighting fireworks next door.

This as been going on for about 30 minutes now, and I'm slowly going mad. Its kind of pathetic I know, but I cant even enjoy fireworks anymore. To hell with Christmas, Iraq, the Army, and my neighbors.

Now I'm sitting here, listening to the Beatles, and trying to calm down, and its not working. :[

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Skoolmunkee is evil. You all saw it. Don't pretend you didn't!

:)

————————–
I was going to do a feature, but then I thought it'd get almost no views at all on Chrissy day, so wouldn't have been a very good pressie… Like a normal feature, but no where near as good.

Ah well, I love this thread. It's nice and social for us DD people who're all over the place.

————————-

I do Have a small rant though;
My sister and I seem to have diverged in taste a lot. For presents I got her all of Sealab 2021 and Aquateam hungerforce. She just came back from Singapore with a swag of cheap DVDs for me:
Knocked up, Semi-pro, around the world in 80 days, Wild hogs, Wintalkers, The Bourne ultimatum, Mamma Mia, Step Brothers, The Holy Grail, Love Guru, The Bunny House, Quantam of Solace, Wall E, Don't mess with Zohan, and Meet the Spartans.

It was marvellous to see her again, But there are only 3 in that list, at best (grail, Wall E and maybe Zohan), that I'd ever watch normally. But I'll watch them all because they're gifts. Still, it's weird for someone you grew up with to have such different tastes in things, and to be so different from you in every single way… We're very different people.

Croi Dhubh
Croi Dhubh
Posted at

At least I got my Christmas comic page in…

Well…I have to work all day tomorrow and I have shit to do for New Years Eve, which further sucks since I have New Years day off…

seventy2
seventy2
Posted at

i actually post her when i'm drunk, cause i get bored. out here i'm on a seperate schedule from my friends, so when we get drunk, they can go pass out, but i still have to wait 5-6 hours to go to bed, so i dont wake up too early for work.

and it's cool, i have been making alot of non-rant replies. so apology accepted but unneccesary.

ironically no rant

Croi Dhubh
Croi Dhubh
Posted at

You aren't a fucking 80's kid if you remember watching Pokemon when you were growing up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You're a fucking 90's kid!

Oh, and zip for Christmas…I can deal since it's not the entire reason for the season

Posted at

my rant is i didn't get a bar hookups for christmas. ^_-

Posted at

Oh you guyyyyyyys :kitty:

Man I still feel really bad about being mean yesterday. I didn't want to check the thread. :[ Sometimes I'm too much of an on-topic Nazi. It seems like I do something pretty jerky to someone every couple months.

I still think a new thread is a good idea though (109 pages is kinda long too). The Social Thread: The Internet Is Listening. All the fun of the rant thread, but wider appeal!

My rant is that I've been playing Fable 2, but I'm at a point where I just need to accrue money and the only way I can do that is by letting game time pass. I can earn while the xbox is off, but at a reduced rate… so I'm gonna have to wait for like 10 days before I can do much else in the game because I need a million dollars. :[

Edit: I've bought a bunch of real estate, it still takes time for the proceeds to come in. I've done a bunch of math on it but the best thing I can do now is just leave it be and have a bunch of money when I turn the game back on. Jobs are pretty much a pittance at this stage. :)

Posted at

Buy places in the game, that'll make you earn more faster.

I started buying houses, shops, and stalls during the beginning of the game and so now if I wait a few hours I get almost 100,000 gold.

Or doing jobs could also help.

bravo1102
bravo1102
Posted at

I worked my midnights and missed the holiday get togethers with family. But I did get the food.

My brother worked the whole holiday too.

Since I have no plans for New Year's, I'm also working New Year's Eve and New Year's Day sitting at my laptop editing my comic's script or reading a book.

I had to run to the library to get more reading material when I put in for the extra hours. So let's see The Cambrian Age and the Burgess Shale, the 19th Century Jihad in the Sudan, The Royal Welch Fusilers in the American Revolution…(not a mistake, that is the offical regimental spelling) then the history of American archeology and the Americas before the arrival of Europeans…

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.