Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Posted at

Things I want to have during Zombie Invasion.

1: Redneck Truck A.K.A. Muddn Truck
2: Shotgun with buckshot ammo
3: Flame thrower
4: Llama .45
And for shitz and gigglz a bo staff

Posted at

milla jovovich

Bruce Campbell>Milla Jovovich

what? no way!
bruce will probably make out with milla, thus ending my fantasty of last man on earth scenario with milla =)

reconjsh
reconjsh
Posted at

Zombie Slayers, ASSSSEEEMMMBBBLLLEE!

Done ultra fast in photoshop, but hey, it's still a fun picture. ;D

-W

You just whipped that up? DAMN! Can I be a zombie squad member? I'll bring my d20s and my Wizard magazine pile.

what? no way!
bruce will probably make out with milla, thus ending my fantasty of last man on earth scenario with milla =)

Bruce Campbell would definitely be scoring my Milla. But it's cool, I'd be honored being in a 3-way with Bruce. I mean, ITS BRUCE CAMBELL!

Erm, did I really just type that?

What I meant to type was:
Dude - I'd totally bring a bazooka.

josif
josif
Posted at

Cant we just all hide in the Drunkduck nuclear bunker and wait for the zombies brains to decompose?

exalted1
exalted1
Posted at

Supplies?

Combat hatchet (saw a thing on discovery where a guy with a sword and shield went against a guy with a war hatchet, the guy with the hatchet kept making swordy his beeatch bc the hatchet is faster, it does sacrifice reach for speed but since i'm barricaded in my house it would be better for what i need it for.)

lots of house-hold cleaning supplies: the ultimate cornucopia of mayhem for anyone with any talent for chemistry. (i heard that combining brake fluid and those de-odourant pucks you put in toilets go off like a big nasty flare, anyone know if that's true?)

a bear-wreslting suit: in event of zombies getting in, hop in the suit and laugh as they impotently gnaw at you, get bored and go away.

finally: enough food to last till the Canadian winter hits and the zombies all freeze solid, suck it people who live closer to the equator :)

Posted at

1. Battery Operated Nail Gun: Nails are going to be WAY easier to find than bullets (if your pressed you can rip a few out of the wall.) A three inch nail that sticks into the body is going to slow them down more than a bullet that goes through them, and if it can imbed a nail into a two-by-four it can imbed it into their brain. And when you find a running electrical source you can just charge and go.

2. Flint-light Blowtorch: The only thing I've ever seen a zombie react to negatively is fire, and theres no better way to take care of 'em for good than burning them till they're a crispity crunchety skeleton. It's more renewable and managable than a flamethrower, its got a significantly bigger hotter fire than a regular lighter, and it turns regular stuff you have around like alchohol, batteries, and aerosol spray cans in to zombiesbane

3. Mallet: You're not going to be able to do much with a knife. Sure you can cut them but that doesn't stop zombies. And you're not going to be able to slice through bone in one stroke no matter what they tell you in the movies. Your better off with something blunt. A bat is too slow and big if you're in close, once they are close to you, you can't get enough force behind the swing to do any damage. You're better off just crushing their skill with one solid shot. And it's better than a regular hammer because the straight sides make it less likely to get stuck in the skull after the hit. Also, I'd recommend cutting gloves, which are basically chainmail, and can be found in most chain restaraunts, or cooking stores. Nothing sucks more than becoming a zombie because they bit your hand in an otherwise wound-free close combat fight.

4. 22 caliber rifle: The last choice is the hardest. Ammo for this is pretty easy to find (they have 'em in walmart for chrissakes) and its a good long range weapon, when I'm fighting zombies I'm usually inside a building though, so longrange weaponry isn't a high priority. And if you're outside, I'd really rather have razor-wire to set up a perimeter or heard the zombies in a particular direction where they'd bottle neck and be easy pickin's. It IS slower than a handgun but, once you run out of bullets, a handgun is basically useless, while a rifle you can at least swing at them as they close in on you.

WingNut
WingNut
Posted at

You just whipped that up? DAMN! Can I be a zombie squad member? I'll bring my d20s and my Wizard magazine pile.

Son, That IS you. Remember? You get to be on my team. And due to the fact that I had no idea what you look like, I figured a freakishly buff dude wielding a bat wouldn't dissapoint.

Interesting side note actually, my friends and I have constructed a pen and paper zombie apocolypse game. It's really simple, wonderfully fun, and character generation takes all of like 5 minutes, as opposed to the 4 hours that D&D character generation takes. The best part about it is that its super adaptable, you can easily customize the stats to suit the environment that you play in. An advantage of a homemade system, no?

So, if anybody is feeling like a creative DM, let me know, and I'll send you the base rules. ;D

-W

acadia
acadia
Posted at

I would recommend to everyone in this thread the movie 'Shaun of the Dead'

Perfect example of the slowmoving zombie apocalypse and the weapons involved.

Seriously.

reconjsh
reconjsh
Posted at

Wingnut - "All Flesh Must Be Eaten" is a good, quick paper and dice RPG game that's worth checking out. I have it and it's not bad… covers the whole gambit of zombie scenarios (fast, slow, radioactive, viral, intelligent, etc etc). I'd love for you to send me your game though, it'd be fun to scope.

Also, that's a kewl picture of me. I can probably find a photo of me that's not too far from that. I've got light brown hair (blondish in the summer), I'm 6'5" and 260 lbs, though I admit some of that weight is from being a fat and lazy graphic designer… but I do work out and play basketball regularly, so it's not like I'm a lump either. And I'm sure I can find some old dog tags of mine laying around someplace. Of coure, I'm probably a bit older than you guys at my ripe age of 26 ;)

So I guess the next logical thing is, where is Raccoon city so we can release the strain and get this this show on the road!?

Alexis
Alexis
Posted at

If they are the "Return of the Liiving Dead" braaaaaaiiinnns kind of xombies then there's nothing you can do. If they are the kind that can be stopped I would start with a Machete. Second maybe some kind of flail. I don't know about a projectile weapon, I don't think they would do a whiole lot of good on the undead. It's like when you play D&D, the bow and arrow doesn't do much on the undead, because you would have to be a great shot and sever the spine.

I big heavy car or tank is a must, though.

suzi
suzi
Posted at

omg what a great thread! I love the discussion, I just read all of it and I don't even know how i could possibly comment on everything I want to.

First of all, I'd want something heavy and blunt. Not too heavy, because I'm a weakling. But then you sacrifice effectiveness, because a blunt weapon has to have a lot of force behind it.

I'm not creative enough to come up with an entire list, but my personal choice is a nice big Kukri:

They were originally designed for lopping off heads (there were/are also really big ones for decapitating livestock). The end gets wider (and thicker) to add momentum. It's easy to learn (I can slice through a big pumpkin in one swipe, and I've only wielded a kukri on two or three occasions), small enough to run around with, but heavy for a knife its size, and looks bad ass.

rococo
rococo
Posted at

Primary plan of action:
20 aerosols of hairspray and/or deodorant; full Zippo lighter.

Secondary plan of action:

CHTULHU.

Job done. :)

Posted at

So I guess the next logical thing is, where is Raccoon city so we can release the strain and get this this show on the road!?

WHAT? No, no, no. We're talking just zombies here. You release the RE Viruses and we have to deal with undead dogs, lickers, tyrants, giant moths, G-Mutants, and other crazy stuff! Zombies I can handle, but as soon as those things start showing up, I'm totally screwed.

Posted at

reconjsh, it's you and me with the aluminum baseball bats I think. That means you're on my team, and since you're on a team with an admin, that means you're guaranteed not to die! :D Yay for us.

I didn't follow the whole sword vs. bat agrument, all I know is that I'd feel silly waving a sword around, and also if I drop a baseball bat I won't slice my own foot off. Also I chose it for all-around usefulness, maybe if I had to slice some carrots like a ninja turtle a sword would be useful, but a bat is good for smashin' anything not just zombies. T_T

I think my 4th weapon would be something pointy, like a hatchet or a big knife or an icepick.

reconjsh
reconjsh
Posted at

I'm honored that an admin and a mod are fighting over me to be on their team. I feel I should have shared something with you guys a long time ago.

I… I… I was bitten yesterday, right here on my arm which I've so cleverly hidden from you and in no way hindered my ability to weild my baseball bat with samurai grace. *shows festering wound on arm* And I've only now just realized that I'm soon to be zombie chowder. I just wanted you guys to know I never meant to hurt… *cough, hack, blood spurts from mouth*… you…

Please… kill *weeze* me… qui… cklyyyyyyyyy. *last, feint exhale*

ReconJSH slumps and remains motionless, a thick line of blood oozing from his agape mouth. The large-breasted cheerleader in torn clothes who is most definitely 'not' a whore kneels down to mourn the 18th man she's ever loved. As she draws nearer for one final embrace, Recon's hand twitches slightly, but not so anyone will notice until it's too late.

The background music that you've been oblivious to for some time now grows to an intense climatic…. pause?

A moment of silence…

RAWR!

HeHe. On a side note, my comic features zombies: they're called "The Fallen". My comic isn't quite started yet, currently I'm just posting some character sketches and stuff while I get about 8 pages ahead so I don't ever miss an update. Check it out and fav it for later if you like zombie bashing.

Posted at

milla jovovich

Bruce Campbell>Milla Jovovich

what? no way!

True enough, because if it's down to you, Bruce, and Milla, Bruce already is the last man left on earth.

Zombies are people too dammit!

reconjsh
reconjsh
Posted at

For all you zombie lovers, here's an exclusive sneak peek at a thrown-out page of my comic with zombies on it. It's only about 30-40% inked because we actually decided not to use it. Reason: as you can see, it has boring panels (angles, perspective, etc). So I don't feel bad showing this because it won't spoil anything later. :)

I jump around the page alot when I ink digitally. Enjoy. We call the nearest zombie "zombie elvis".

Pencils: Adam Davis
Inks: Me

WingNut
WingNut
Posted at

Ooo! Very nice, very nice indeed.

Speaking of Zombie Related projects, I'm currently making a graphic novel of the outbreak of the zombie apocolypse. Not gonna be in the usual AT style, but much darker and grittier. Also, that "Zombies? Please…we play video games." picture, yeah, I'm changing that up to suit the Acquired Taste characters and I'm making a shirt. ;D

-W

Posted at

Please… kill *weeze* me… qui… cklyyyyyyyyy. *last, feint exhale*

K. *blows your head off with a shotgun*

EDIT: This thread makes me want to update Grim and Bob, but not enough, I feel so unmotivated with that Comic… I think I'll write a play based on it!

reconjsh
reconjsh
Posted at

Ooo! Very nice, very nice indeed.

Speaking of Zombie Related projects, I'm currently making a graphic novel of the outbreak of the zombie apocolypse. Not gonna be in the usual AT style, but much darker and grittier. Also, that "Zombies? Please…we play video games." picture, yeah, I'm changing that up to suit the Acquired Taste characters and I'm making a shirt. ;D

-W

I want royalties for using my likeness… lol. j/k, but seriously, let me know if you do a T-Shirt… might be worth buying.

Posted at

-W

I think you should leave my face on there. Keep people wondering, on the edge. …eh.

And of zombie related projects, I'm co-working a script with a friend. What he's written so far is really cool.

Amelius
Amelius
Posted at

OOO, nice topic!

Weapons of choice:
Two-by-four with nail in it, if I'm in a scrape (too many nails would likely stick though…)
A push-lawnmower(anybody get that reference? Anybody?)
Bean-bag launcher…the type they fire on riotous crowds. At least the ammo would be easier to refill (I'm not well informed on the mechanism of said non-lethal weapon, but I know it can leave a nasty bruise and if it can knock you down that's quite enough force for a zombie concussion)Hopefully TV didn't misinformed me…perhaps a slingshot with heavy ball-bearings would work as well.
Mayhaps even a nailgun. Of course these are just things I'm reasonably certain I could get my hands on (except the beanbag gun)

It seems in most instances elevation is a key factor in successful zombie-slaughterin'. Facing them at ground level seems prone to stupid mistakes…like slipping on guts and sliding right into the fray on your backside. Sure, it's cool and hardcore to take them head-on with a blunt object, but I'd take the cowardly "squirrel" approach myself. Pick them off where they can't reach me.
I'd think that flamethrowers or setting them on fire wouldn't work so well since they pretty much ignore the fact they're on fire(in most cases) but they'd probably keep trudging on and just set all your good escape routes/hideouts aflame before they "burn-out".
I'd probably hang out at the local department store (Being that I'm from MI it'd the be Meijer. Yay Meijer!) which is basically the equivalant of an S-Mart…(hey, Bruce Campbell is also from MI, heh!) oh yeah, housewares does have some nice zombie-trouncing aresenal at hand. (machetes, chainsaws,hedgclippers, terracotta lawn animals…)And the nice part is mobile ladders…for some good elevated travel to the aisles I need. (Gosh…I feel bad for the live pet aisle)
Sadly…I've spent a lot of time thinking this sort of thing over. Next to dinosaurs and tidal waves, zombies hordes are my most frequent bad-dream subjects.

Oh and yay for impending zombie-related projects! I was gonna do something about zombie roadkill before I started my other 2 comics. It was…pretty lame.

Posted at

Mayhaps even a nailgun.

You and be, we'll be nailing zombies to crap all over the place

Next to dinosaurs and tidal waves, zombies hordes are my most frequent bad-dream subjects.

For me any dream with zombie hordes is a good one.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.