Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Posted at

I liked to use the abbreviation of "What the heck".
I was also eating a popsicle.

So BAM! WTHecksicle.

Fenn
Fenn
Posted at

Fenn is short for Fenninkainen, obviously.

And Fenninkainen is short for…?
What, are you crazy? Fenninkainen is too long to be short for anything. ;)
Okay, serious answer time:
Like many big geeks, I played AD&D a lot when I was younger. In one campaign, I played a paladin who was sworn to the Finnish pantheon described in Dieties and Demigods sourcebook. One of the heroes listed was Lemminkainen, and I liked that name and derived his name from that. I've since used that name for many different things…

Like Warcraft, for instance. (level 42 paladin of course)
I got in the habit of using Fenn as that was the nickname my buddies gave the character way back then.

Posted at

I dunno really. Usually I go with JNels, which I use for everything under the sun, but for DD I wanted something different and since I'd been reading a ton of Golgo 13 manga, watching the movie, and playing the damn NES game (the Mafat Conspiracy, not that crappy Secret Mission) I thought going with Steely Gaze was a good idea. I mean, if you've ever seen G13's eyes you'd know what I meant.

Here take a look at him.

Originally I had a Golgo 13 avatar as well. Actually, I still have it. Maybe I'll use it again sometime.

Posted at

Seemed like a good idea when i chose it

Posted at

Me? It's a name of a character I made in my head.

Orange
Orange
Posted at

Uhh..well…
I liked the color orange when I was small, and I always liked citrus fruits.

:D

Dragonizer
Dragonizer
Posted at

S'nothing exciting, really. A few years, I joined an online forum for the first time and had NO idea what to use as a username. I wanted something cool, but couldn't think of anything cool enough that suited me or was easy enough to remember.
Back then, I liked (and I still do!) dragons. So, there's the Dragon part of it. I didn't want that to be ALL, so I added the "izer" to it 'cause it sounded cool.
And a few months after I also discovered that Dragonizer is the name of a chlorine generator. XP

Gordon CSA
Gordon CSA
Posted at

Well, firstly Gordon (my surname, but I use it more often).
The CSA stands for Circle Stone Aviator, which I got from a few clicks on one of those random word generators, and it just sounded so awesome I kinda use it for everything.
Edit: And hey, just noticed its also in my signature. :p Guess I didn't need to explain it.

SwinS
SwinS
Posted at

A combination of my initials and middle name.

I've used this elsewhere and it's amusing when people decide to play Rumpelstiltskin.

Posted at

Well, if your middle name is actually "Win", you're the luckiest motherfucker on earth.

This one? I've used it for a long, long time. It's my internet alias and shit. So yeah.

Fitz
Fitz
Posted at

My full pen-name - M.Fitzner - is my actual last name and the initial of my first name, Matthew. But it always felt awkward to be addressed that way by my readers (I also post my short stories on a couple of sites), so I shortened it to Fitz. It's simple and I think sounds cool.

SwinS
SwinS
Posted at

Actually, it's Winifred…

But even so, makes for a great nickname.

Jeegoo
Jeegoo
Posted at

I was looking up different names different cultures used for the Earth and "Jeegoo" is Korean for "The Globe". I liked it so much I used it from then on.

Hexe
Hexe
Posted at

Hexe was made by some of my friend from my real last name Heikkilä.
I hade couple other nicknames before that (Heksi, kiloheikki), but this one seemed good.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

My username is based on the fact that my real name is Ozone Ocean.

:)

Posted at

I used to play a lot of Maxis' Sim games (anyone who's played SimCity 2000 probably knows about Maxis' obsession with llamas.) When I discovered the Sims, I found on their website people who took in-game screenshots of the game using the photo albem feature and made stories out of them. So, deciding to cash in on this, I pulled a ludicrously crappy story out of my ass about a superhero named Super Llama (it wasn't even original; it was a ripoff of another album story about a superhero named Llama Man.) Then eventually that became my nickname (Fan Fact: My nickname before that was Zucchini, which was just a random word.)

Posted at

A Sims fan? "Myushuno!"

I chose my name because it is my name. I don't usually do that, but for some reason I did this time. I guess it would put me on Zac's side in DD Civil War, right? Even though I'm a Riot sympathizer?

Insanity
Insanity
Posted at

Why did you pick your Username?

is there a story? a reason?
post it here!

…Because no one else had it at the time?

Insanity
Insanity
Posted at

A Sims fan? "Myushuno!"

I chose my name because it is my name. I don't usually do that, but for some reason I did this time. I guess it would put me on Zac's side in DD Civil War, right? Even though I'm a Riot sympathizer?

Rac!!!

hehe…

Posted at

A Sims fan? "Myushuno!"

Well, not anymore. I stopped playing soon after that. In fact, I believe that was the last Maxis game I ever played.

Nergal
Nergal
Posted at

a lack of creativity

Chernobog
Chernobog
Posted at

Chernobog is the name of an obscure 12-13th century Slavic god of woe which translates more or less as 'Black God'. Chernobog is also the name of the huge demon in the mountain at the end of Fantasia and in the Shin Megami Tensei series, he's depicted an unsettling and nearly motionless mushroom themed swordsman who runs himself through to attack.
I originally used the Shin Megami picture as my icon before I decided to find something with better resolution at that size.

I felt it would work for me as 1. I just showed up, hence I'm obscure in DD, 2. His very theme is futility and suffering, something prevalent in my comic, 3. I have an odd fascination for the arrangement of letters, rather than how they sound. The combination in that name just felt right. Think of it as feng shui coupled with a lexicon instead of flower arrangement.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.