Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Poki_rat
Poki_rat
Posted at

I used to have a hairless rat named Toki. She was the sweetest little rodent I've ever known and I'll miss how she'd snuggle in my shirts to stay warm. People often though she was really ugly, but I think it's the strangeness that made her so cute… Hmm, I guess that does sound a little like me, but that's not the story (I just realized that now, so it doesn't count).

Anyway, around the same time, a friend of mine started making a comic that he hoped to get on the internet someday. The next year, I started college so I was at the high school less and less. I got a hotmail account by the name of Toki-rat just from a lack of better things to name it and the name followed me to many websites after that.

Then, about a year ago (was it really only a year?) my friend got his comic onto drunkduck. In his excitement, he begged me to join. He was so desprite that he just took my info over the phone and filled out the form for me =P Big mistake. So that's how Toki-rat became Poki_rat. But I don't care anymore.

BffSatan
BffSatan
Posted at

It's the name of my comic, I remember I had a good reason for calling it that but now i've forgotten it, I think partially i just thought it sounded cool, was controversial and kinda silly. I don't really think that anymore witch is why I actually use me and Satan as charecters.

liz
liz
Posted at

It's my nickname. :P I've always been wanting to use it as a username on any of the forums I go on, but every 3-letter username is usually taken. But not here~! So I got lucky. xD

diana_m
diana_m
Posted at

Okay,Diana(DEE-ana) is my real name.My school nickname is Diana(DAI-ana) because I'm the best of the class in english so my teacher started calling me that.And then it was my friends.And then it was the entire class.So that became my nickname.Well some years ago I had a roleplay character named Clifclaw.But then I got tired of her so I created a new one.I needed a name so I took my nickname,the surname of a family of characters in my comics and a name that started with the same letter as my actual surname:Diana Wulfric Marks,shortened to Diana W.M. or Diana M..After a while I created 4 alter-egos:Erase(A.K.A. Erase the Memories),Crash(A.K.A. Crash-d),Daishin and The Wolf(Shared with several other characters.)

And Diana is the name of the roman godesse of the moon.
Diana>Moon>Werewolf>Wolf wich is my fav animal

Sea_Cow
Sea_Cow
Posted at

Well, once upon a time when I was a little boy, I was on a dock in the Florida Keys. I slipped and fell into the water. I wasn't so good at swimming then. Just as I thought I was done for, a manatee picked me up and carried me ashore. Ever since then, I've had a bond with manatees.

Actually no, I just got high on cocaine in my trailer, and a talking manatee told me to do it.

The weird part is, cocaine shouldn't make people hallucinate.

Doomy
Doomy
Posted at

Well um, when I was younger, there was this Invader Zim forums. I was obsessed with it so I called myself Doomgurl since the word 'Doom' was a word I hear often in that show.

People gave me a nicknamed and called me Doomy.

And it suited me just fine cause it sounds like, 'Do Me' and Doomy is one kinky bitch.

So there.

Katsu
Katsu
Posted at

My username is the nickname I received when I lived in Japan. "Katsu" as a verb means "to win". There is actually a long story to go along with it, but the keep it simple: someone there liked my artwork and gave me the nickname.

I use it as my pen name now, and sign all my pages using the character for it.

a_star
a_star
Posted at

Hi! I've been here since May but I'm a dork so this is my first time posting on the forums. My username is my first initial and my middle name, which is the one I always go by IRL.

Posted at

Because it reminded me of one of my characters..and the person they like..
Also me and my best friend can practically read each other's minds about stuff, I dunno if it's not real, but she always says "STOP STEALING MY BRAIN" xD

Zieko
Zieko
Posted at

becuase i am a shapeshifter, i go by many names. Zieko is the character who is childish and thats just me. btw, i have not made my story into a comic, but a book. i wanted it to be a comic so im going to start soon. title- Forever. it is fantasy fiction.

Posted at

Ha! When I was younger (in primary school) we got a task sheet saying 'Jimbob Jaroo had 3 apples…' and Jimbob Jaroo is a funny name :childish-girly-giggle:

Mr V
Mr V
Posted at

One kid started calling me Mr V about five or six years back and from that point on I reckon 90% of them have done so.

I started using it in my shout box a while back, so when I joined up here I just carried it across.

To most of the kids, that's who I am. The strip's about kids that age, so it seems even more appropriate.

Posted at

Dave has been my pen name since high school and when I DJed back in college I used to wear my Soviet hockey jersey (number 20, Tret'yak, aw shit son!) to every show. DJ Los dubbed me Komrade Dave for my DJ name, and it carried over to here.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Dave has been my pen name since high school and when I DJed back in college I used to wear my Soviet hockey jersey (number 20, Tret'yak, aw shit son!) to every show. DJ Los dubbed me Komrade Dave for my DJ name, and it carried over to here.
And arn't you a Russian liguist too? Such a fitting name for your job :)

I got Ozoneocean from my father, and his father before him, and so on. The name carries on when the old Ozoneocean has to retire and the new one takes over. It's an ancient tradition going back into the mists of time. In the jungle where I live with my wife, two kids, a horse, and a pet wolf, natives call me "the Ozone who Oceans".

It's pretty cool, I have a skull ring and everything.

Posted at

And arn't you a Russian liguist too? Such a fitting name for your job :)

I got Russian by pure chance, but that does make me Товарищ Дэв Tovarishch Dehv ;)

Posted at

GiantPinkWalrus is such a sexy name.. Do I need to even explain it?

Gadora
Gadora
Posted at

Short story short:
DD complained (rather unexpectedly) about my usual name being inappropriate, so I went with Gadora.

Short story long:
I was starting up a game of NetHack (nothing to do with hacking. You see, you're in this dungeon…) and needed a name for my character. Yu-Gi-Oh was on in the background, and a card was played with a name that sounded something like Gadora. I thought "Hey that sounds like a good name," and I used it. This game was the first one in which I came close to winning (I've come close around 5 times now), so, when I started commenting in a NetHack webcomic, I naturally went with Gadora. A week or two later, when I signed up for DD, my standard user name was rejected so I made Gadora my handle for all webcomic related websites.

Posted at

Yukiko is my nickname…and I used always add "desu" to everything for no apparent reason XD. Oh and 7 is my fav number :3

RuseBolton
RuseBolton
Posted at

Mine came from a book a friend of mine was reading a good 10 years ago, A feudal lord by the name of Ruse Bolton (Bolton being my surname) who just happened to send out one of his men every morning to collect a new born to skin & fashion into a pair of shoes so he could hear crying as he walked that day.
Ruse seemed to have picked up as a nick name shile i was growing up between friends & the likes, & then i took it up as well-Ruse being another word for Lie or to decive & being a nick name it is in context a false name i.e. a lie.

Kiruru
Kiruru
Posted at

The story behind my name….hmm….its quite long.

Well I started out with the name Castor(based off the motor oil)
and as I flowed from game to game, from chat room to chat room, picking up different friend, my name started to change.

It went from Castor to Kien to Kiba.

I stayed as Kiba for a long while, but then Kiba became Kiruru(I loved the name and its a character in a anime movie, a cute like charater at that!)

That was around the time I met my Girlfriend
and She thought the name Kiruru was cute(by that time I shortened it to Kiru)
and she called me Kiru-kun(we like the japanese honorific thing)
But I'm still know as Kiruru.

and the name have been with me since. ^_^

hope my story wowed you guys ^_^

Posted at

Mine is the title of a song by Nick Cave - the Australian goth/punk/blues version of Elvis, basically.

As it is about a serial killer, I thought it fitting for a person making a comic about a serial killer.

And yes, that is Mr. Cave in my avatar.

Posted at

I don't like numbers in a sreen name so i just kept typing unique thoughts till i got Dinosaursteve.

htbuzz
htbuzz
Posted at

Went back to my teenage years for inspiration.

herbally transmitted buzz

Biz3
Biz3
Posted at

It's derived from an old nickname. It begun with me having to come up with another version of the nick in order to use it as a handle on a website - since then I just kept on using it from time to time.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.