Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Eirikr
Eirikr
Posted at

Person A-"Are you high?"
Person B-"No he's just always like that."
Me(with raised eyebrow)-"………"

I have what you could call a very calm, even stoic demeanor around people I don't know, leading some people to think I light up, even though I don't.

mundy
mundy
Posted at

My favourite stereotype is all Scots are misers, which is true in my case I'm really cheap, I hate handing money over and most other people I know are the same. Also living in a village I guess most people would believe that I live in Brigadoon and that includes friends from the "big city" of Glasgow. I think my sister often wishes that we did.

Jinachi
Jinachi
Posted at

I'm of Eastern origin but raised in a western world. So I'm the kind of guy who would understand the conversation but cannot respond in the same language

Posted at

Person A-"Are you high?"
Person B-"No he's just always like that."
Me(with raised eyebrow)-"………"

I have what you could call a very calm, even stoic demeanor around people I don't know, leading some people to think I light up, even though I don't.

High five, I get that all the time. Especially because allergies have permanently broken the blood vessels under my eyes.

Dan
Dan
Posted at

Two things-
Videogame God and hard-working as an Asian.

I'm more like a semi-videogame god since I have never beaten a single video game with a single credit (I even had to use one continue in Time Crisis 2). But I did in fact do some pretty amazing accomplishments with little practice.

And as for hard-working- most of the times I barely put any effort in my work and still get good grades on it (Except for Advanced Placement classes- I'm really blowing on them), although effortlessness have started to take a toll on my overall grades lately.

Posted at

I'm gonna be a little more specific than a stereo type about my race or where I'm from and go right to me. There are two things that I've had people assume about me on first sight, as illustrated in these actual conversations:

1) "Are you a gamer?" "No." "Well, you look like one."

2) "Are you Amish?" "Um . . . no . . ." "Oh, well . . . Great beard!" "Uh, thanks?"

Apparently I look like an Amish person who plays a lot of video games. There's something very contradictory about that . . .

Croi Dhubh
Croi Dhubh
Posted at

That I have a lot of money, am a cocky asshole, and am a player.

Where they got the first and third I don't know…I only pretend to be a cocky asshole, too. I mean, I'm really only an asshole.

Walrus
Walrus
Posted at

Well, I'm american. So were all a buch of fat asses that never get any sun and every other country hates us. So yeah…

werien343
werien343
Posted at

Well I was born in Nebraska I lived most of my young life in California and now I'm in Oregon so which stereo types do you want? Let's see… well the only ones that come to mind are CA you know, you're supposed to be blond w/a tan and surf board not too fond of that… OR peoples stereo types are artsy-people… So I guess I'll go with that one (since I am an artist)

Posted at

Well I'm irish so what do peole say about us…
The drinking I guess, oh and being farmers and eating potatos.
Those are pretty true though, so it's that much funnier about how careful people have to be about talking about us.

Posted at

I'm a souterner as well, Texas in particular, so I get the same ones mentioned.But my fav stereotype is that the fact that I am Pagan most people expect me to be crazy and a goth.

mousetrap
mousetrap
Posted at

i'm a lesbian. i'm tough, i hate men and i shave nothing but my head. i like patchouli incense, ride a motorcycle and listen to the indigo girls.

i'm also canadian, so i smoke lots of pot and wrestle bears and eat moose, all the while drunk off my ass from strong beer.

except that i'm vegetarian, so obviously i'll kill you for liking hamburgers, and turn every meal at a restaurant into an uncomfortable political debate.

LOL.
stereotypes are preposterously fun.
PREPOSTEROUSLY.

CZweig
CZweig
Posted at

I'm getting the obvious one over with and just saying I'm German.

… though there's really more to it, because being German I must also be blond (my hair is very dark. It's a pain in the bum to shave, really…), blue-eyed (nope, more brown), a good drinker (being eighteen and a goodie-goodie right-side-of-the-law citizen, I really don't know if I can hold a drink or not…), and also I like sausages and bratwurst and stuff (dumb comment).

I wear glasses, so I'm a big nerd of a genius. I didn't know being nearsighted made me smart! 8D … well actually I'll admit that one's true, but only because I have the Mensa card and LiveJournal full of nerdy babbling to prove it!

I'm white, so I can't dance – well my ten years of dance experience sure beg to differ.

I love acting, so I'm a liberal hippie treehugger who doesn't shower – I'd say I have no idea where this one comes from, but I've been in enough theatre classes to know. (The smellllllllllll…)

I'm Agnostic, so I'm a terrible kitten-killing gothic-wannabe loser – which is funny, because I always thought "Agnostic" just meant I wasn't sure if there was a God or not.

And I'm skinny as hell, so I puke up everything I eat – because metabolism and exercise is just lost on some people.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Germans have lovely accents ^^

CZweig
CZweig
Posted at

They do :) Shame I grew up in New York, so the only twinge of one I got was from being around my parents.

Other than that, I sound like a Yankee who can't say "w"s or "th"s right.

Posted at

I wear glasses, so I'm a big nerd of a genius. I didn't know being nearsighted made me smart! 8D …

Oh right I forgot this obvious one. Altough I wear glasses, am skinny, rubbish at sport, play lots of computer games AND am smart in the world of physics. maths and things like that (so much so I technically disproved all theories to someone once) but I think I barely escape being a nerd by not knowing anything about computers really (I can programe a bit, but when my friends talk about the way computers work the words they use go so far over my head they had to be shot down by air traffic control).

Posted at

I am Canadian.

I am supposed to drink obscene amounts of bear, say EH? after ever freaking sentence, and I'm supposed to smoke some kind of weed and live in an igloo.In summer.

I'm skinny so I MUST be anorexic or bulimic.

I don't look complete strangers in the eye so therefore I MUST be lying to them.

I like black,I'm shy,I like my hair in a 'the grudge' like style,and I also am partial to certain types of punk music, so I'm quite obviously EMO.

I use big words, so I must be trying to somehow embarrass you or make you look stupid.(I just like big words)

I get good grades so I must be a brown-noser and hangout with 'nerds'.

ETC,ETC,ETC,ETC.

Webreever
Webreever
Posted at

Stereotype about me…

Well, when I had Rx Sunglasses, I got joked on about me looking like:
A: the Unibomber
B: A Sexual Offender (pedophile)

But I mostly get egged on about me looking and sounding like a girl. I get mistaken face to face and over the phone (despite my growing mustache).

Also, I've asked and taken many tests online and it turns out that I'm an Asshole.

Yeah that just about covers it…

Posted at

mine is that all Icelanders are rude but honest … I am really

Deathfire
Deathfire
Posted at

Hmm…I've got a lot.

Well, I'm assumed to be foreign because I'm Asian, despite my VERY obvious American accent. (I was thrown in ESL once, just because of my name >_>; )

I apparently like Pokemon and Sailormoon because I like anime (it was once true, but now it's just nostalgic for me).

I must be smart because I'm Asian. I'm not that smart…just a bit above average…>_>;

This is my favorite one that I got a lot in middle school:
I must from North Korea, which makes me communist…oh watch out for those land mines! (my family's from South Korea…there's now way a North Korean can make it to America…really…)

Yeah, that's what I get for living in the South of the US. ^^' Eh, at least they have good food here…XDDD;

Titch
Titch
Posted at

Being british I drink lots of tea, have really terrible dental care and for some strange reason think Soccer should be called football and is also the geatest thing since sliced bread (one of the above is true).

FoxmanZEO
FoxmanZEO
Posted at

I like playing sports, so I'm apparently fit, and really truly honestly give a damn about the latest scores, and would love to know everything about the teams, and tournaments? Yeah baby, love 'em, go for broke, lets show those…

It doesn't seem like a massive stereotype, but I get it alot.

Katch
Katch
Posted at

Because i'm an artist i must draw cute things.
F-THAT.

Because i'm a girl i obviously must have tons of makeup and mini skirts.
Welcome to California -__-;;

Agnostic, dur~ because i don't believe in God obviously means i worship Satan.
o_o wow, now i see why religious wars get started, religious nut bars~

I make dark comics with lots of monsters so i'm obviously borderline crazy.
LOL, almost true but not quite~

bravo1102
bravo1102
Posted at

Dumb-ass tanker.

That dusty, crusty, deaf, bright-eyed, hair-cut needing, over-sexed, under appreciated little dip who can take a tank and do more battlefield damage in 5 minutes than a grunt squad can do all day.

Also called a treadhead because like tank tread his head is 100% solid rubber.

You can put a tanker in a totally bare room with a hammer and an anvil, come back five minutes later; the anvil will be broken, the hammer missing and the tanker will know nothing about it.

Except I'm tall and nerdy looking (though I've matured into the exact image of Groucho Marx) Though the over-sexed bit was true…until I got married. ;)

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.