Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

Rant, moan, rave and share - for all your chatter, natter, ETCETERA!

Lonnehart
Lonnehart
Posted at

Well, it's hot.  VERY HOT!!! If I could, I'd trade a few degrees the heat I'm getting here for a few of the winter degrees people in North America are getting.  Can't sleep in this weather.  Well, I could…  but there's a chance I won't ever wake up again.  T_T

So instead of blowing stuff up in Mass Effect 2 (third playthrough with Female Paragon Shepard, but with the downloads this time) I'm building houses for The Sims 3 game.  Uploaded more than 10 houses on the Sims 3 website (just look up Lonnehart's studio if you want to see them).  I'm not going for the luxurious mansions that everyone else seem to want.  You know… the kind of houses you'd need a cheat code to buy in the beginning.  Instead I've been making houses cheap enough for a beginning Sim to start with (WIHOUT CHEAT CODES!!!). 

Maybe it's a good thing "real life" has no cheat code to get you more money instantly.  We'd ruin our economy like that…

Kroatz
Kroatz
Posted at

Lonnehart wrote:
Well, it's hot.  VERY HOT!!!
Why thank you, you're not too bad yourself.

Niccea
Niccea
Posted at

Bah. It is winter here but it has been hovering around 70 F (21 C). I've been wearing t-shirts for the past few days. I usually am bundled up in a sweater, thermal clothes, socks, scarf, mittens, and boots by now or at the very least I would have to wear a coat to go outside. It is kinda annoying. Especially after we have had some Texas blizzards in the past few years around this time, but haven't had one flake of snow this season. (For those who don't know, a Texas blizzard is what people in more snowy places would call a nice dusting to a minor inconviencence).

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Ohkydokie…
I sent out requests for recordings, got a few replies and got some great stuff back.
Nothing from one replier yet…
And a few others never responded so I've no idea what they're able or not able to do.

So, fair enough, I have to go back to work next week so I can't stay up late on Sunday or Monday putting the soap together, So it'll just have to be done without the missing stuff tonight now (Saturday for me).
It'll be a lot shorter and I'll have to save some of the stuff for next week because those recordings are later on in the narrative than the outstanding requests.

No worries, it'll get done. I'll ask Genejoke to fill in one of the missing bits. He's a good go-to guy! ^_^

I'll have this done yet!

-Woot! Just got another! It's for later in the sequence though so it'll be for next week.

Lonnehart
Lonnehart
Posted at

Heh… the Sim I'm controlling just got married.  Meet his wife…

And worse… there's a baby on the way and because of her… "state", the baby will be one as well.  Must be nice to know your progeny will not be so ordinary…

Ugh… gotta work tonight.  In the rain.  Good thing I replaced my boots.  Walking around with wet socks on your feet can be painful…

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

You crazy, crazy man lonne! Time to get back into doing comics again ^_^

————
Well I recorded two separate parts myself for the Quackcast Soap and Genejoke did another! So it can all go in afterall! This will be a looooong one, but worth it because of the special guests!

Still have to put together the rest of the Quackcast though… that's a LOT easier, but still a bit of a job since my internet cut out repeatedly so my interview is all broken up into bits.

Jillyfoo was GREAT though. She is a super webcomic expert, makes my puny knowledge look embarrassing!
If I could pick my replacement, I think it'd be her, she really knows her stuff and the entire scene way better than I thought was possible.
She'll definitely be a return guest for expert topics.

Too bad I didn't turn down my headphones this time… unfortunately her voice has an echo because of it.

HippieVan
HippieVan
Posted at

Had my ipod with me when Romeo started cleaning himself today, so I got a little bit of a video. He always stops as soon as he realizes I'm watching, though. : )

http://youtu.be/wowoqwUwCOc 

Lonnehart
Lonnehart
Posted at

That rabbit is so cute.  Still wish I had one.  I would get one, but the neighborhood dogs would throw a fit.  I had one a LONG time ago (I was a teenager at the time).  They found their way into my fence and went after it while I was out.  My guess is if I got one and kept it indoors they'd find a way to break through my windows to get to it (Resident Evil dog hallway, anyone?). 

Another weird Mass Effect thought.  I'm tempted to go to their site and suggest a mini DLC game for ME2.  The one where you get to control Garrus and play through his adventures on Omega.  Well… before what happened "happened"… Might be fun.

And for some odd reason, Omega reminds me of Gotham City only it's much MUCH WORSE…

bravo1102
bravo1102
Posted at

The tires are flat on one side of the car.  Got to stop taking those corners so tight.  And wouldn't you know my airpump died?  Guess after 15 years it didn't like being used in the snow.  You should see the corroded glob my old air pressure gage turned into.  So much for wiping it dry after use.  Looks like it came off a submerged wreck in the Bermuda triangle.

Bright shiny stuff!  New comic starting, going crazy coloring another project and I roughed out a short piece.  Wow. 

One gets inspiration in weird places.  Just thought about heroes and *BING* idea.  Don't know how long it'll be before I do it or what medium to use because it could be drawn or it could be figures.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Lonnehart wrote:
Another weird Mass Effect thought.  I'm tempted to go to their site and suggest a mini DLC game for ME2.  The one where you get to control Garrus and play through his adventures on Omega.  Well… before what happened "happened"… Might be fun.
That's a really brilliant idea actually. I'd love to play that, it'd be fun to be his "Archangel" persona as well as see more of Omega. That place had a lot of potential, it was an interesting environment and I always wanted to do more in it.
Please lobby for that!

————–

Well I went SUPER overboard on the editing this time, doing the soap. Bravo sent in his bit late and I went crazy on it, mixing it with my version of the same piece.
I hope people won't be too irritated by my silliness… I'm worried what I'm doing with the soap is getting to be a bit like those annoying pieces they do on bad FM radio that I've always hated so much, but I'm too close to judge.
I'm starting to think I should hand the project to someone more sensible and experienced.

I'm thinking Banes. That guy bloody well knows his stuff!
I could still organise it, chase people up etc, but he could produce it… He has a real talent.

Posted at

Well, My resolution is to a) do better in school (don't even ask about this last semester), and b) give mafia and this community here a good kickstart.
Speaking of which...

Banes
Banes
Posted at

Hey ozone - I emailed you.
Thanks for the kudos!
Though I would rather be playing one of Lonnehart's video games….the one where the big guy tries to order a chicken sandwich. Sounds fun! Is that on Xbox?

Lonnehart
Lonnehart
Posted at

Banes wrote:
Thanks for the kudos!
Though I would rather be playing one of Lonnehart's video games….the one where the big guy tries to order a chicken sandwich. Sounds fun! Is that on Xbox?
Heh… that was actually a video that I watched… using the Youtube app for my XBox 360.  :)

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Banes wrote:
Thanks man!

Oh gods, I am sooo forking bloody tried… I'm back at work this week so I can't sleep in after doing my editing, which means I had to go to bed a bit earler because I have to get up much earlier. Anyway, the problem is I haven't had enough sleep and I STILL haven't finished the bloody editing.
So tired.
So deathly tired.

Lonnehart
Lonnehart
Posted at

Better sleep as much as you need, Ozone.  Your head will be clearer when you wake up I think.  I wish I could sleep as much.  But when I do I wake up pretty sore and still needing sleep…

Posted at

Speaking of New Year, the Philippines celebrates New Year in great multitudes of barrage from Fire crackers…These fire crackers are NOT the average small poppers…these are giant dynamite-like explosives and people, specially kids got their hands blown off in the most shocking way, these fire crackers even had strangte sounding names like "Super lolo (Super Grand Pa), Goodbye Philippines, 5-Star, Goodbye Saddam and Goodbye Bin ladden, Crying Cow (One of the MOST lethal)…The authorities and the health department are doing their best to stop or minimize these hazardous habit. The last new year of 2012 seems promising, the number of casualties decreases…but there are still those unlucky enough to have their hands blown to bits…When will practice ever end???

Lonnehart
Lonnehart
Posted at

BuddyParaiso wrote:
Speaking of New Year, the Philippines celebrates New Year in great multitudes of barrage from Fire crackers…These fire crackers are NOT the average small poppers…these are giant dynamite-like explosives and people, specially kids got their hands blown off in the most shocking way…The authorities and the health department are doing their best to stop or minimize these hazardous habit. The last new year of 2012 seems promising, the number of casualties decreases…but there are still those unlucky enough to have their hands blown to bits…When will practice ever end???
Only if they outlaw fireworks.  I was there once to visit family and I saw quite a few explosions.  And lots of firearms firing into the air. 

Now if you see a bright flash that nearly blinds you followed by several mushroom clouds and it's New Years Eve, we're all in trouble…

Posted at

Heaven forbid!

bravo1102
bravo1102
Posted at

BuddyParaiso wrote:
Speaking of New Year, the Philippines celebrates New Year in great multitudes of barrage from Fire crackers…These fire crackers are NOT the average small poppers…these are giant dynamite-like explosives and people, specially kids … The last new year of 2012 seems promising, the number of casualties decreases…but there are still those unlucky enough to have their hands blown to bits…When will practice ever end???
Feel fortunate that these celebrations do not involve shooting projectiles into the air that will land someplace else and injure people like those wonderful Arabs and their assault rifles.

There are guys who own artillery (AWI and ACW reinactors among others) who fire them off on appropriate holidays like New Years and Independence Day.  So you're not alone in expereincing pyrotechnics during celebrations. Though as a former professional trigger man of explosives it makes me miss the days when I could fire the big guns too. 

Lonnehart
Lonnehart
Posted at

Actually, in the Philippines they do shoot off firearms into the air, and people do get hurt.  And here on Guam as well.  A few years ago a six year old girl was injured by a falling bullet (the person who shot that round got caught).

So every New Years when I'm working I'm ordered to seek shelter under a concrete structure for around 1 to 2 hours (or 'til the celebrations die down).  It's less about our safety and more about the company not having to pay for having its security officers injured on the job…

bravo1102
bravo1102
Posted at

Lonnehart wrote:
Actually, in the Philippines they do shoot off firearms into the air, and people do get hurt.  And here on Guam as well.  A few years ago a six year old girl was injured by a falling bullet (the person who shot that round got caught).

So every New Years when I'm working I'm ordered to seek shelter under a concrete structure for around 1 to 2 hours (or 'til the celebrations die down).  It's less about our safety and more about the company not having to pay for having its security officers injured on the job…
Yuck.  I'd ask permission to return fire. 

That's the main reason firing guns in the air never caught on in the mainland USA. In the places where there are lots of people with guns who could shoot them in the air there is too much chance of someone firing back.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Generally firing guns in public within law abiding, peaceful communities is a bad idea for too many reasons…
Besides, they're bloody loud and obnoxious!

Well… finished the editing. I got a quick nap beforehand. I've never had so many issues at every stage with one of these things, it was a non-stop constant struggle.
Due to my connection issues the interview was all over the place and the sound is awful… But then while I was doing the final edit on the carefully reconstructed, stitched together interview with Jilly, suddenly 80% of the interview tracks all went slow speed!

So I sounded more masculine for once, but Jilly sounded like she'd grown balls… ugh! Dammit! That Grand Testiculitus…

Efforts to fix that resulted in all sorts of waits and crashes. Eventually after reloading and recovering the files I sped that bit up by 12% so now I sound a bit chipmunky towards the last half, but at least Jilly sounds better.

After I finally finished the whole thing the file upload location disappeared on me. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu…

Imma go beddy-byes now. Again.

Genejoke
Genejoke
Posted at

Sounds like all kinds of fun.  Since the new school term started my youngest started preschool, I know spend most of my day walking from home to school to preschool to home to preschool to home to school then home. GUH!  so time consuming, there won't be a BASO page tomorrow as a result, maybe thursday…

gullas
gullas
Posted at

Interesting fact. Drunkduck usually falls off my "top 9 most visited" speed dial list on google chrome.

But that's only because I always have a tab or two open with DD content… 

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.