Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

Rant, moan, rave and share - for all your chatter, natter, ETCETERA!

bravo1102
bravo1102
Posted at

I begged off on driving the wife anywhere yesterday because she finally had nothing scheduled.  So I was able to watch some movies.  And for some reason I agreed to work tonight.  Right, it's that whole money thing.

Judy called her sister so I only have to drive her to her morning doctor appointment and not linger in Edison for hours for her physical therapy session.

Lonnehart
Lonnehart
Posted at

Ugh… it's raining this early morning.  Like cats and dogs.  Heck… I can hear the yelping and yowling and the tin roof sounds like it's being hit with rocks stuffed into feather pillows with lots of scratching following each thud followed by lots of barking and hissing…

And I think I've got a "kyupol" moment here… I sometimes think that there's a group of assassins watching the world, looking to see which person has the potential to change the world for the better (world peace, ending world hunger, getting cultures/ideologies/religions working together, etc) and then assassinating them for whatever reason we can't fathom…   or something like that.

ayesinback
ayesinback
Posted at

Lonnehart wrote:
 I sometimes think that there's a group of assassins watching the world, looking to see which person has the potential to change the world for the better (world peace, ending world hunger, getting cultures/ideologies/religions working together, etc) and then assassinating them for whatever reason we can't fathom…   or something like that.

Actually - that sounds like it has the makings for a great comic . . .

gullas
gullas
Posted at

isn't that the basic plot of the Assassin's Creed series, except that the assassins are the good guys and the church is the baddies?

Lonnehart
Lonnehart
Posted at

gullas wrote:
isn't that the basic plot of the Assassin's Creed series, except that the assassins are the good guys and the church is the baddies?

Never played Assassins Creed, so I wouldnt' know.  I was just thinking about why so many good people throughout recent history… people who could've done more great things… ended up being at the end of the assassins blade/bullet.  In ancient times it was about greed and power on the part of the assassin or his employers, and in more recent times it's about ideology and other ideas…

Hmm… time to rework one of the houses I just made.  It's got 20 downloads on it so far, but I could improve it.  For one thing, to live up to its "slice of life" name it's gotta look more… tasty…  And I gotta get the hang of The Sims 3's Create A Style system…

rokulily
rokulily
Posted at

so i thought about it and decided that i need to go find some balloons.

also i never posted my new years resolution- i wanna make a book. maybe finish a few things here and there, do well in school, get in better shape, etc. but the book is the most important… 

if i were balloons where would i hide?

ayesinback
ayesinback
Posted at

– meanwhile –

what ARE you cooking?  
the Smell - it's, it's not good, folks.

Kroatz
Kroatz
Posted at

rokulily wrote:
if i were balloons where would i hide?
Probably the only place you'd never look. Have you checked inside the couch?

rokulily
rokulily
Posted at

Kroatz wrote:
 Probably the only place you'd never look. Have you checked inside the couch?
found a few pillows, blankets, a nickel, lint, some more lint, remote, lost caverns of sockdom connected to the dryer, popcorn… and nope.

also, i am cooking vitamins aka veggies if you must know.

Lonnehart
Lonnehart
Posted at

Wow, Rok…  I usually find a giant Dust Dragon Bunny and end up having to fight a turn based battle with it with only my broom and dustpan as weapons…

Heh… my neihbor thinks I'm weird.  I'm happy that a total of 24 people (so far) have downloaded my "Slice of Life" Sim house.  That thing was hard to make and I had to keep it as close to being a cake slice as possible on the tiniest possible lot size.  I think I'll make the next one shaped like a top hat…. maybe…

And I need to stop watching Cyriak's videos on Youtube.  I almost became a pure vegetarian after watching his "Cows, cows, cows" video…. O_O

Posted at

What kind of veggies?
oh and I finally got Portal 2. (Beware my year old references, WoooOOOOOOoooo.)
Also in other news:
MAFIA!

ayesinback
ayesinback
Posted at

The Warnock wrote:
What kind of veggies?

smelly ones.

but the vent and a yankee candle have put things to right

HippieVan
HippieVan
Posted at

I've wanted a roll top desk for years and years. I think it just dawned on me today that I can't possibly afford one. : (

In other furniture news, I'm having bookshelf troubles. If I put books on the bottom two shelves Juliet likes to play "Pull Alex's books off the shelf, throw them around and eat them" so I'm limited to the top four shelves. It's not even close to enough space for my books. I pulled off about half of my books today that and I still had trouble fitting the rest on the shelf. And there are a ton of my books in the living room and the basement which I'd like to have in my room. Really I need for one of the walls of my bedroom just to be entirely a bookshelf, but as it's pretty unlikely that that will happen, I need to buy another(cheap) bookcase.

gullas
gullas
Posted at

Hippie Van wrote:
I've wanted a roll top desk for years and years. I think it just dawned on me today that I can't possibly afford one. : (

In other furniture news, I'm having bookshelf troubles. If I put books on the bottom two shelves Juliet likes to play "Pull Alex's books off the shelf, throw them around and eat them" so I'm limited to the top four shelves. It's not even close to enough space for my books. I pulled off about half of my books today that and I still had trouble fitting the rest on the shelf. And there are a ton of my books in the living room and the basement which I'd like to have in my room. Really I need for one of the walls of my bedroom just to be entirely a bookshelf, but as it's pretty unlikely that that will happen, I need to buy another(cheap) bookcase.
IKEA to the rescue! You've got to love 'em swedes, besides producing pretty wimen they are experts on producing furniture!

HippieVan
HippieVan
Posted at

@gullas: We don't have one here - at least not yet.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

My family had an old roll top desk when I was little.
I took it for granted at the time, not realising that it was an old antique… But I never liked it much- the rolling cover was stiff and always got stuck half way up or down (always) and the drawers always caught and stuck too… such an old beast of a thing.
When we moved house my dad sold it.

I missed it for years after. :(

Lonnehart
Lonnehart
Posted at

heh… got a coworker getting on my case about my XBox 360.  He thinks I'm totally wasting its potential for great gaming.  And that I should be playing games such as Call of Duty, Halo, and… Madden Football!!!  Somehow Mass Effect shouldn't be on the system because it's an RPG, and I play way too many racing games and pinball on the system (yes.. Pinball FX2 is a favorite game of mine).  I swear… guys like these are the exact reason why I bought and stuck with the XB360…  I still remember the day I bought the first one.  Let's just say a passionate fan of the Playstation 3 literally scared me into buying one while I was looking through the consoles in the store that day…

I'm awfully tempted to create a Sim to go along with the top hat house I'm trying to design.  I figured a Sim version of Ozone Ocean would fit perfectly with the house as I still remember reading posts about his obsession with hats and military uniforms.  :)

Posted at

Today has been a VERY bad day, I think I'm having a crises of faith over my thinking that the entire Friday the 13th thing is just a stupid superstition (buy I still like the films).

bravo1102
bravo1102
Posted at

I have to work tonight but I can't sleep.  Typical.  SSDD.

The wife's car won't start and all I get is that wonderful clicking which means that the sudden cold has probably drained her battery.  These things happen but of course one can't convince her it's something that mundane.  Something has to be wrong and we have to run off and fix it. 

Now back to work on the new comic.  Might as well as I have nothing better to do.  THinking of which anyone reading this probably doesn't have anything better to do either and what better way to waste time than to contribute to the ongoing soap or better yet read my comics!  Yeah, there you go.

Read my comics and then send me money!  Just take that green paper stuff from off of mom and dad's dresser, put it in an envelope and mail it to me!  Soupy Sales C/O Bravo1102, Anywhere, USA.

Lonnehart
Lonnehart
Posted at

bravo1102 wrote:
I have to work tonight but I can't sleep.  Typical.  SSDD.

The wife's car won't start and all I get is that wonderful clicking which means that the sudden cold has probably drained her battery.  These things happen but of course one can't convince her it's something that mundane.  Something has to be wrong and we have to run off and fix it. 

Now back to work on the new comic.  Might as well as I have nothing better to do.  THinking of which anyone reading this probably doesn't have anything better to do either and what better way to waste time than to contribute to the ongoing soap or better yet read my comics!  Yeah, there you go.

Read my comics and then send me money!  Just take that green paper stuff from off of mom and dad's dresser, put it in an envelope and mail it to me!  Soupy Sales C/O Bravo1102, Anywhere, USA.
Hmmm…

*has some green paper, a scanner, a printer, and several envelops…*
Hmmm….

ayesinback
ayesinback
Posted at

bravo1102 wrote:
ooo- nice.

But the dude's dead, isn't he?  *I lose track*

so yeah, today is Mucho better than yesterday.  My boss was actually a Help rather than a hindrance today.  much needed, and much appreciated.

yupper-do:  snow flurries today, but non-committal snow flurries.  I went for a (freezing, and short) walk today.  Gotta do that walking thing.  it was good.

gullas
gullas
Posted at

Being the good Samaritan I decided to help out this chick I came across on my way home….

And I'm almost wishing that I hadn't because I let her use my bed. Oh well, not like I was going for bed anyways… 

Genejoke
Genejoke
Posted at

So Gullas did you wake to find all your belongings gone? 
I have no heating and the weather has turned cold.  brrr.  No idea when the boiler repairman will be out but I suspect I'm in for a cold weekend.

gullas
gullas
Posted at

Genejoke wrote:
So Gullas did you wake to find all your belongings gone?
Actuallly for that matter I did not go to sleep (good chance to fix my sleeping patern) so I've been rotating reading in the next room, and checking on my computer.

Butt I'll sure keep you updated on how this ends :P 

AlceX
AlceX
Posted at

My grandfather who was sick is getting better. I'm pretty relieved. They moved him to a normal care room recently, so now there's much more visitor hours (before it was around half an hour in the morning and an hour in the evening). I'm going to see him later on today.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.