Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

QUACKCAST 94 - needs your contribution! Subject: Introduce your character!

Posted at

bravo1102 wrote:
PIT_FACE wrote:
..inspire us to show ya how it REALLY should be done. hyuk hyuk hyuk….
 … And then beat me over the head until I get it right.  I have a largely empty head, you have to hit it just right to get me to understand things.
Ah so it's an issue of reverberation then. :P

bravo1102
bravo1102
Posted at

Tantz Aerine wrote:
bravo1102 wrote:
PIT_FACE wrote:
..inspire us to show ya how it REALLY should be done. hyuk hyuk hyuk….
 … And then beat me over the head until I get it right.  I have a largely empty head, you have to hit it just right to get me to understand things.
Ah so it's an issue of reverberation then. :P
Yes precisely and my wife is good at getting my head to just the right tone with a look.  It's a harmonic thing.  Needless to say I never go on the internet when she's around.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Ok, I've changed the title to 94 now. Next week is the Tantz and Pit-face burlesque show. All very tasteful I can assure you! And their costumes are divine… How Pitface walks in 8 inch heels I'll NEVER know, and where on earth did Tantz find all those feathers? Must have gone through a whole herd of ostriches… With that rare machine-gun of her's.

Back to the subject at hand then!
- This won't be recorded till Friday the 7th of September so you have more time to get your text pieces and or voice recordings in!
I'm lookin' at all you guys who've just done Haikus and no character pieces!

Also, if anyone is interested in doing ongoing short pieces for their characters each week or each couple of weeks I'm more than happy to stick those in the Quackcast- It helps promote your comic and get your work out there, which is 100% what the Quackcast is for!
-As well as being cool and entertaining for people to listen to!

PIT_FACE
PIT_FACE
Posted at

ongoing character pieces? you bet yer ass,oz!
as a matter of fact, Herr Achziger was just commenting to me how he thinks Tantz and Pit-Face's quackcast sound like it will be "quite invormative und ein utmost zuccess."

Posted at

I'll admit those were a LOT of feathers… 

But you should see our double act: 

…especially after a couple of beers.

…very many feathers indeed. 

PIT_FACE
PIT_FACE
Posted at

man, that big star hat gave me whiplash.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Encore, Encore! More star headress doubleact please :D

PIT_FACE
PIT_FACE
Posted at

you set em up, we'll knock em down.

Posted at

Abt_Nihil wrote:
Notes for skoolmunkee:

I’m glad you agreed to do the voice, and I’m sure you will do a great job! I’m not overly protective of my characters, and I always enjoy different interpretations, so just go with what seems right to you. In case you’d like to have some input, here are my thoughts:
She is originally Italian, but in order to protect her identity she has trained herself not to show it. So there might or might not be something of the melodic (or operatic) quality associated with Italian linger in the way she talks – in any case, it would be rather subtle and overwritten by her time in New York. More importantly, she has a certain determination and ego that comes with both her job and the fact that she believes her mission to be very important. She is used to talking in front of people, and to be in situations where she has to convince and impress her audience. In this case, since she is talking about something personal, she might be a bit more sympathetic than in any of the speeches she usually gives. The text above goes from beliefs that are intertwined with deeply personal biographic facts, to a sort of calculated strategy, and ends on a lighter note, so the performance might reflect that.
Use my normal speaking voice, got it. *thumbs up*

Posted at

ozoneocean wrote:
I'm lookin' at all you guys who've just done Haikus and no character pieces!
Despite being able to write with absolute accuracy what Batman would be like when he is old, for some reason I can't think of how he would describe a comic about that. I think it's because I feel like he probably wouldn't, he'd just be like "it's a comic someone has made, read it, or don't." Maybe that's my blurb.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Right!
Just send it to ozoneocean at yahoo dot com. :)
or you can message me on Facebook and attach it. That works too, Niccea did it once.

Abt_Nihil
Abt_Nihil
Posted at

Sent! ^_^

Holon

Haiku:

The earth is long gone
Stuck on an old space station
What does it all mean?

Series intro:

“This is Doctor Kelvin reporting from Holon station 63. My colleagues and I are researching this peculiar star we’re orbiting – a so-called proto-star, quite unlike any regular sun. It produces a particle that can be turned into literally anything. But in its raw form, it is an extremely corrosive substance that can only be harvested on stations like ours, stations that are built into planetoids orbiting these stars. I’ve been here for almost two years. It’s a solitary, peaceful existence. The shafts that had been used for mining go on for kilometres. The endless space there, it’s just so much less annoying than anything I’ve known. Well. There’s been some odd occurences lately. One of our researchers died. We don’t know why. Our computer has become quite unreliable, but fixing it isn’t exactly the academy’s priority. Well, it’s alright, I guess… but… I met someone here. Deep in the shafts. I had lost my flashlight. Someone brought it back to me. Someone I had thought I’d never meet. But—it’s just too weird to be true, right?”

Posted at

Maybe *I* was Milhouse!

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Actual photograph of Skoolmunkee:

…taken from inside Abt Nihil's head.

PIT_FACE
PIT_FACE
Posted at

He was close. THIS is actually what she looks ilke. 

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.