Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
ironhand
ironhand
Posted at

irrevenant wrote:
Unless anyone has any objections, I can colour cdmalcolm's art on spec, so it's ready to go just in case?
ironhand wrote:
Shall we perhaps give it another week? If genejoke hasn't made the page, and it's a very understandable reason why, then is it a good idea to perhaps colour cdmalcolms already prepared page?
Go for it, man. We'll give it a week. It's not genjokes fault, as he did mention. He is busy at the minute and it's totally understandable.

Genejoke
Genejoke
Posted at

I have two panels to finish but my creativity is non existent right now, too much stress.  will try and finish it by wednesday…  try.

ironhand
ironhand
Posted at

Genejoke wrote:
I have two panels to finish but my creativity is non existent right now, too much stress.  will try and finish it by wednesday…  try.
No worries man. It's understandable.

Genejoke
Genejoke
Posted at

It sucks, normally I throw myself into creativity in times like this but it's been so hard to stay focused.  

irrevenant
irrevenant
Posted at

I noticed that Bombshell has blue hair on page 20 (and if anything I do/have done is miscoloured, please, please don't be shy about letting me know!). 

BTW, random observation:

There is a LOT of blue in the current Heroes Alliance line up.

Bombshell? Blue costume. 
Azumorph? Blue costume. 
Amalgam? Blue costume with coloured bits. 
Comet Kid? Blue t-shirt. 
Peligroso? Blue vest.
SHELL? Blue(ish) power armour. 

And that's even without Blue Jay appearing in the current issue… 

Mr Imp (and to a lesser extent, Relik) REALLY stand out…

Genejoke
Genejoke
Posted at

nearly finished the artwork for next page.  woot!
EDIT!
Done and sent to ironhand.

shastab24
shastab24
Posted at

I've noticed the blue in some instances, too.  Not this issue, since I have kept myself in the dark for anything following my pages, wanting to experience them as they update on the comic.  But I definitely have noticed during the Heroes Unite reboot that everything was blue.  And with my inclusion of Astral in the stuff, that doesn't help tone it down (though Sparkle has no blue on her–except her eyes).
And Bombshell's hair is brown, as far as I have always seen.

irrevenant
irrevenant
Posted at

Sorry for the unclearness, that was two separate comments:
1. There's an error on page 20 of the current issue where Bombshell's Hair is coloured blue.
2. There's a lot of blue in general in the HA line up.

shastab24 wrote:
[SNIP]
And Bombshell's hair is brown, as far as I have always seen.

irrevenant
irrevenant
Posted at

I've uploaded the coloured version of cdmalcolm's page 8.  It's probably superfluous now so I dropped it in a new folder called "other" under finished pages.  It might be useful as a bonus alternate page or something…

EDIT: Oops!  Page 7 not 8.  Renamed

cdmalcolm1
cdmalcolm1
Posted at

irrevenant wrote:I've uploaded the coloured version of cdmalcolm's page 8.  It's probably superfluous now so I dropped it in a new folder called "other" under finished pages.  It might be useful as a bonus alternate page or something…

Wow. I just saw it in the new folder. Pretty damn good. Great work on the colors, irrevenant. Sorry for the massive delay in my last few pages, I got 3 extra work dumped on me by my business partners. I'll get back to it as soon as I can. I don't want to delay you or anyone else that's part of this project.

Again great coloring, irrevenant.

Genejoke
Genejoke
Posted at

i can do page 13 if it's still going.

ironhand
ironhand
Posted at

Genejoke wrote:
i can do page 13 if it's still going.
Knock yourself out, man.

cdmalcolm1
cdmalcolm1
Posted at

I'm doing pages 32. 36. 39. I've also done Page 13 just uncolored just in case. going work on page 32 next.

Genejoke
Genejoke
Posted at

Well if you've done thirteen but not coloured it, I could colour it for you.

cdmalcolm1
cdmalcolm1
Posted at

I put it up just in case like I did for page 7. It was Meant as a back up if no one finished. If you want to color it, totally up to you guys. If you have a finished page, put it up. I just want The book to kind of move forward. I know that it started up again, but its been a while since any pages were added. Even I am behind but I'm pushing myself to do empty pages up to my ending pages to get this issue updated as intended. However, because it takes me a long while to color my own pages I had to ask for help so I can focus on the lineart. I'm not the fastest artist here but I'm trying to push myself. I thank you all for giving me the opportunity to even be part of HA 's bank of creators and artists AND thank you for the help. I Really could not do this without you all.

On that note, back to work I go.

irrevenant
irrevenant
Posted at

Sorry, Genejoke, I got my wires crossed and thought there were multiple pages needing colouring.  You dibsed number 13 and I didn't mean to tread on your toes. 

Genejoke
Genejoke
Posted at

So its in dropbox… how do i access that to et the line art?

cdmalcolm1
cdmalcolm1
Posted at

Genejoke wrote:
So its in dropbox… how do i access that to et the line art?
I need to send you an invite. PQ me your E-Mail address.

cdmalcolm1
cdmalcolm1
Posted at

Abt_Nihil wrote:So, what's the status on pg. 13 and following?
I don't know. Maybe they are still coloring it. I will have to check.

cdmalcolm1
cdmalcolm1
Posted at

I'm going to color page 13. I think I'll have it done by Tuesday. Sorry working this weekend. Then I'm going work on my remaining pages then color those as well. Not really sure when those pages from me are coming out but it will get done by the end of June, Abt_Nihil.

I'm also going to take down all my "lineart" and replace my final pages there. I think drop box can only hold 28 pages per folder. So if you want my lineart get it before the end of Sunday the 9th.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.