Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Posted at

Ah, thank you. I wanted to make sure because other websites may misinterpret it without prior explanation (at least from my recent experiences). Greatly appreciate it. ^^

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

No worries!
We try and be a lot more sensible in our policies.

People have become rather prudish lately to a very ignorant level. The Duck will never go that way.
There could be a great Quackcast topic in that!

Posted at

It's great to have the new feature that notifies us when there are new comments or replies. However, the notifications remain lit up even after I have read the comments they are pointing to. Is anyone else having this problem?

Amelius
Amelius
Posted at

Yeah, you gotta click the comment link from your inbox and it'll open it in a new tab for you, and it will detect it as "read" and clear it out.

bravo1102
bravo1102
Posted at

I just use the handy "mark all as read" tab.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

bravo1102 wrote:
I just use the handy "mark all as read" tab.
Yes, there seems to be a bug… I do this too.

Eustacheus
Eustacheus
Posted at

I got a "friend" request. What happens if I add them?

Amelius
Amelius
Posted at

The only thing that happens is their avatar shows up on your public profile page in the friends category, and yours on theirs. I'm not sure if there's any plans in the future beyond that, but that is pretty much it!

Eustacheus
Eustacheus
Posted at

Amelius wrote:
The only thing that happens is their avatar shows up on your public profile page in the friends category, and yours on theirs. I'm not sure if there's any plans in the future beyond that, but that is pretty much it!

Thanks. So it's not like "following", right? No notifications, that the other one has posted anything, or stuff like that?

Amelius
Amelius
Posted at

Correct, there's nothing but the avatar for the moment. I think they wanted to integrate it into something like that in the future when it was first introduced, though. Right now it's just considered a friendly gesture.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

If you're sure I can delete your account for you.

Shame to lose you after you've been around so long :(

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

OK

-deleted the account of Shibbeh as per request.

roma
roma
Posted at

Is there a way to change the time of automatic updates for a webcomic?

I want to try different times to see if my webcomic can get better exposure.

Avart
Avart
Posted at

roma wrote:
Is there a way to change the time of automatic updates for a webcomic?

I want to try different times to see if my webcomic can get better exposure.

My personal experience is that updating on a regular schedule (the often the better) helps a lot, but most important is being participative in the forums , community projects and commenting in other's people comics. This way you will get more attention.

Posted at

Helixfinger here.

I seem to have stumbled upon a little problem that perhaps an administrator could help me with. I just tried viewing my hosted webcomic Molly Lusc, without being logged in, and I noticed that while not being logged in viewing the comic, pages are mysteriously missing. I can't find the first twenty-four pages of the thirty-nine in total that I've uploaded so far, from the very first page named Molly Lusc, Cover up until the page named Page 20, in the page selection archieve of the comic, while not being logged in.

I figured something was a little bit fishy a few months back when the comic's description display on my profile suddenly began counting a far lesser number of pages uploaded for the comic, now displaying 15, pages uploaded, instead of 39. Back then I didn't think of it more troublesome then that, but then just a few days ago a commenter, that I assume didn't have an account on the site since it was labeled anonymous and with no link to an account, commented on my last update asking "Where can I find chapters 1,2 & 3", and that's when I checked it logging out and noticed the problem.

I replied to the commenter that I would look into it and suggested that he/she make a DD account in the meantime if he/she wanted to read the previous chapters now (I assumed that he/she would be able to view them doing so, since nobody with an account has commented on this prior). And that's just about it. I would be very grateful if an administrator could perhaps look into it and, if possible, ressolve it somehow. Thank you in advance.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Andreas_Helixfinger wrote:
Helixfinger here.

I seem to have stumbled upon a little problem that perhaps an administrator could help me with. I just tried viewing my hosted webcomic Molly Lusc, without being logged in, and I noticed that while not being logged in viewing the comic, pages are mysteriously missing. I can't find the first twenty-four pages of the thirty-nine in total that I've uploaded so far, from the very first page named Molly Lusc, Cover up until the page named Page 20, in the page selection archieve of the comic, while not being logged in.

I figured something was a little bit fishy a few months back when the comic's description display on my profile suddenly began counting a far lesser number of pages uploaded for the comic, now displaying 15, pages uploaded, instead of 39. Back then I didn't think of it more troublesome then that, but then just a few days ago a commenter, that I assume didn't have an account on the site since it was labeled anonymous and with no link to an account, commented on my last update asking "Where can I find chapters 1,2 & 3", and that's when I checked it logging out and noticed the problem.

I replied to the commenter that I would look into it and suggested that he/she make a DD account in the meantime if he/she wanted to read the previous chapters now (I assumed that he/she would be able to view them doing so, since nobody with an account has commented on this prior). And that's just about it. I would be very grateful if an administrator could perhaps look into it and, if possible, ressolve it somehow. Thank you in advance.

Check the dates on those pages. Usually this happens because the pages haven't been released yet, people sometimes put the wrong year on things.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Yup, that's the issue.
You updated the pages and the dates moved into the future…
I'll fix it for you so you don't have to do it :)

Posted at

ozoneocean wrote:
Yup, that's the issue.
You updated the pages and the dates moved into the future…
I'll fix it for you so you don't have to do it :)

I've just checked. It's all there now👍 I guess I'll just have to keep an eye on the date next time I update a page, oopsie me^^ Thank you so very much for the help, Oz. You're the man👍

Smyrnaff
Smyrnaff
Posted at

ozoneocean wrote:
OK

Hello!

I am trying to sign into the account Autophobia (https://next.theduckwebcomics.com/user/Autophobia/ ) but I cannot remember my password and no longer have access to the email address I used to create the account. I am the same person who asked to have their account, Shibbeh, deleted (request quoted above). Autophobia was the account I used before creating Shibbeh (now deleted) and I have created a third account (Smyrnaff) which I am going to keep and never delete, honest.

What kind of info do you folks need from me in order for me to gain access to Autophobia?

Thanks in advance! :D

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Smyrnaff wrote:
ozoneocean wrote:
OK

Hello!

I am trying to sign into the account Autophobia (https://next.theduckwebcomics.com/user/Autophobia/ ) but I cannot remember my password and no longer have access to the email address I used to create the account. I am the same person who asked to have their account, Shibbeh, deleted (request quoted above). Autophobia was the account I used before creating Shibbeh (now deleted) and I have created a third account (Smyrnaff) which I am going to keep and never delete, honest.

What kind of info do you folks need from me in order for me to gain access to Autophobia?

Thanks in advance! :D

Hi, I'm a good judge of these things.
That account hasn't been used for years and there are no comics attached to it, I can't see why you'd be making stuff up to get access to it so I believe you.
I've PQ'd you a new password to it.

Posted at

Hey there,

I searched through all of the DD help site, but I couldn't find what I needed. Can somebody help/tell me how to put a custom image above my comic like I see many people doing? I kept trying to figure it out and no luck :(
Any help would be great.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Just click the "edit" button next to your comic in your profile and scroll down to find this on the next page ☺️

artofzinn
artofzinn
Posted at

How can I get rid of the banner link that shows up under my posts in the forums?

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.