If you think I missed your suggestion or misunderstood it, please let me know either in this thread or via PQ!
The newspost: http://www.theduckwebcomics.com/news/2016/feb/11/fixing-dd-open-call-for-suggestions/
The survey: http://goo.gl/forms/K6vgUqAjmD
As most of you know, we have finally been able to make some changes on DD thanks to hiring a programmer (and thanks to your generous donations!). We have been gathering suggestions for further fixes/changes, and have put up a survey for this purpose (see above).
In this thread, I will gather all of the suggestions that have been made for general discussion. After a week, I will be putting up a new survey where you’ll be able to vote on which changes you would most like to see implemented. A small caveat: while we will do our darndest to follow community input on this, there may be ideas that are just not feasible at this point for various reasons.
DO NOT MAKE NEW SUGGESTIONS IN THIS THREAD WITHOUT ALSO SUBMITTING THEM VIA THE SURVEY
You are welcome to discuss any of the ideas submitted, of course, including your own. But it has been really difficult trying to keep track of every suggestion made here on the site, on Facebook, on G+, etc., and I want to make sure that nothing is getting lost in the shuffle.
BUGS TO BE FIXED:
A. Browsing the “comics” tab: The first page of comics is listed by rank, after which it inexplicably switches to alphabetical.
B. Numerous issues with pre-uploaded comics, including: they do not appear in the “recently updated” list, and sometimes have the wrong date.
C. The “post count” and “last post” portions of the forums don't work.
D. Image links have a bunch of crap after the .jpeg portion.
E. New comic images replace older images with the same file name. There should either be a warning message when this is about to happen, or it should automatically rename files so they don't overwrite each other.
F. Multiple page/bulk uploader sometimes ends up with pages out of order.
G. Remember settings for favorites list (or at least default to “latest upgraded”).
H. The profile pages should not wipe out all information when you update them, and the the trophies should be fixed.
I. When you log in to complete a comment, your comment text is lost.
J.If you are logged out and try to access an adult comic, logging in does not take you automatically to the comic.
K. New users are sometimes not able to change the birth date when registering.
L. Animated gifs don't work as comic pages.
M. Youtube embedding doesn't work in forums or author notes.
N. The “filter” buttons on the front page don't always work.
POSSIBLE NEW FEATURES/CHANGES:
1. Multiple pages for PQs
2. Allowing comic creators to have PW or Google Adsense ads on their own comic pages
3. Improving the comic search function: e.g. allow filtering by number of pages, allow sorting search results.
4. A spot on the front page for community projects to be highlighted.
5. Improve Quail's Random - only allow comics above a certain number of pages or ones that have been updated recently.
6. A feature that allows all comics to be flagged as “active,” “on hiatus,” and “complete,” with the “on hiatus” status happening automatically to inactive comics.
7. Re-introduce comic ranking for all comics.
8. Allow comics wider than 960 pixels.
9. An easier way to check recently updated comics, e.g. a “more” option that takes you to the day's updates in order or a side arrow similar to the featured comics section (an arrow could also be added to top ten and random).
10. An “update asterix” in the favourites dropdown. Hippie Van note: I assume this means some kind of marker that indicates a new update since you last checked the comic?
11. More options/more customization for page layout.
12. A comment management system in the comic editing features, which would show most recent comics and perhaps allow comments to be deleted as well as viewed.
13. Easier comic page organization; maybe a drag and drop system, or simply being able to enter a command to move a comic page several spaces at once.
14. Integrate DD with Facebook so that you can “like” newsposts, comic pages, etc.
15. Add a DD “like” button to everything: comments, forum posts, comic pages, etc.
16. Forum titles so we know who the admins or mods are, and custom titles for funky people.
17. Smilies in all comment areas.
18. Add a reply feature to comic comments.
19. All comments should be able to have basic formatting - links, images, and spaces.
20. The site should recognize different time zones.
21. “If you're hosting your own webcomic, like on your own url, with ComicPress or something like that, it'd be nice to be able to just use that as your Drunkduck site, like integrate your preexisting website with The Duck.”
22. A mobile version of the site.
23. A new colour scheme for the site.
24. The ability to edit links without having to delete and re-add them.
25. Links larger than 150 pixels.
26. Remove the “miscellaneous” heading above link images.
27. A widget showing who is online in the forums.
28. A simple way to create and attatch additional pages to your comic would be fantastic.Hippie Van note: additional pages can already be created through the “subpages” heading. I'm not sure how easy attaching them to your comic is, though - I will have to play around with it.
29. Remove the top ten, possibly replace with a link to a list rather than having it visible on the front page.
30. Make the image file “egg-logo.png” easily acceptable by admin so it can be periodically changed.
31. Change the logo back to Drunk Duck.
32. Under User Profile, the author's comics should be listed by Most Recently Updated, not alphabetically.
33.The option to choose the hour that a comic updates when pre-uploading comics.
34.Show adult comic thumbnails even to users who are not logged in.
Another note: In some cases here I have quoted the suggestion verbatim, but I am in many cases combining similar ideas or paraphrasing ideas so they will make as much sense as possible to all users. If you feel that I haven't accurately presented your idea here, please let me know.