Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

mishi_hime wrote:
I've probably asked this before but any chance we can get a new forum system installed like SMF? I really would like to see something like that in the future. I think if we had a better forum, there would be more activity which would bring in more money to the site. :D
What is SMF?

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Thanks Scarf!

OK, I've had a look at SMF forums. It's basically a bare-bones, simple forum style.

What about the SMF forum do you think DD needs?
The functionality, the look, both?
And if it's the functionality, what part of the functionality? i.e. what features.

We'd either have to archive this whole forum or work out a way to port everything over the a new SMF forum. Then we'd have to work out how to edit the SMF to fit in with this site style… -not as hard as porting the data.

Or we could get this forum modded so it has all the features of an SMF.

lalaland
lalaland
Posted at

Not certain if this already exists. But it would be cool if we could have an option to get notifications of new comments on our webcomics or replies to our comments on other comics.

Also, perhaps we could have an option to hide our comics from the public view? So we can keep the comments, but can hide our old and unsightly comics? :]

Posted at

We do have the comment notification system (in the upper right part of the DD banner and in your control panel). Good idea about the capacity to hide your pages, we'll be working on that!

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.