Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Posted at

What time are people connecting New York time? I know it starts at 11 and runs for awhile afterwards but is anyone going to be around 2-3?

It's 3 hours ahead of me and I won't exactly be conversational 8 am on a Saturday morning so might jump in around 11-12 my time which is 3 ish New York? Anyone around then? I need to dust off my skype I am not sure what my username is although I am pretty sure it's similar to my DD username haha!

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

We are hoping for it to be on for 10 hours. So that's until 9pm New York time.

Yep Kota, I think I still have you on Skype

Posted at

I wonder if the electric meetup is still going on. It was interesting to hear all the different DD user voices and get in touch with people around the globe.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Yes! It's STILL happening! Come on down!

KAM
KAM
Posted at

Well, I was hoping to participate, but I didn't where to go or who to contact to get connected.

Not all of us are experts at this Skype thing, so some What To Do 101 would have been handy.

bravo1102
bravo1102
Posted at

I said the same thing when I was first invited on a Quackcast. All the directions you really need are on the Skype site. There really is no magic to it. Download, let it run and put in the username of who you want to call. It's just like using a phone. But then even that can be very hard.

It's so easy to take a skill for granted once you've mastered it. Quite another to remember and understand what it was like to be totally new to something. We really have to work harder at making directions "keep it short and simple" (kiss) directions for things.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

You could just message me and I'd help directly ;)

Download and install Skype from here:
https://www.skype.com/en/
Follow the instructions on the site and sign up for an account. It's all free.

Then add "ozoneocean" as a contact and be online during the time of the call.

It helps if your comp has a microphone and speakers. Most laptops do these days and a cheap USB headset is great as well since you don't need speakers or a mic to make that work.

KAM
KAM
Posted at

The problem wasn't downloading Skype, that was easy. But as I was ready to join in I realized I didn't know what number to call or what place to go to.

I would have contacted Ozoneocean, but I noticed he wrote he'd be there for the first three hours then go to work and I didn't want to disturb him at work.

I did go to Google Hangouts and typed in Drunk Duck, but several things came up and I didn't know if any of them was correct.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Oh, I don't know how the 3 hours thing came up- I don't work on the weekends, I was there all 10 hours.
All of them. :(

HippieVan
HippieVan
Posted at

KAM wrote:
The problem wasn't downloading Skype, that was easy. But as I was ready to join in I realized I didn't know what number to call or what place to go to.

I would have contacted Ozoneocean, but I noticed he wrote he'd be there for the first three hours then go to work and I didn't want to disturb him at work.

I'm sorry the instructions weren't more clear! Next time I'll make sure to put something up about how to join the group chat.

In the future, though, if you have any issues with the site (meet-ups or anything else) you can always send me a PQ or an email, or you can message the DD facebook site. I almost always have my computer or phone in front of me.

ayesinback
ayesinback
Posted at

ozoneocean wrote:
Oh, I don't know how the 3 hours thing came up- I don't work on the weekends, I was there all 10 hours.
All of them. :(

Yes you were! The host with the most.

Bruno Harm
Bruno Harm
Posted at

The meet up sounded like fun! I hope to get in on the next one!

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

The next meetup will definitely be on the 18th!
The third week of June!
Be there!!!!!!!!!

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

No… Thanks for finding this and bringing it up Kam.
This weekend is bad for it.
We'll have to do next weekend instead. Sorry man!

Thanks again for responding to this thread.

Mika_yi
Mika_yi
Posted at

I didn't get to last time I wouldn't mind trying this time for the little meet up if others are going. I don't know how to go about it. ( I did read it) do I just add the one name?
I am in NC right now. :)

Niccea
Niccea
Posted at

I'll pop in a few times like last time. My husband (Ice Pick) said he might participate as well. (He was the one driving the car when everyone was freaked about me skyping while driving.)

Posted at

I have no plans for Sat and I am keeping it that way, so I am there!

Bruno Harm
Bruno Harm
Posted at

So what time is the meetup starting Saturday?
How can I find it? It's on Skype right?

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

OK then, let's do it on THIS Saturday.:)

bravo1102
bravo1102
Posted at

Let's see if I have it off. I had the last two Saturdays off, don't know if I can swing three.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Cool if you could Bravo!

Bruno Harm wrote:
So what time is the meetup starting Saturday?
How can I find it? It's on Skype right?
Download Skype and then add "ozoneocean" as a friend. :)

bravo1102
bravo1102
Posted at

And in the best tradition of the self fulfilling prophecy, I agreed to work Saturday. So I guess I won't have the time to participate.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

only 3 hours to go till we start!

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.