Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

IT"S OING ON NOW!! JOIN US!
ONE OF Usssssss…

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Aaaand it's over now. Thanks to all who took part!

HippieVan
HippieVan
Posted at

Sorry I was only on so briefly, guys! Today ended up being a lot more hectic than I thought it would be. I only just got home.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

We need some other way to do these next time. Being on overnight for 10 hours almost killed me this time. Gahhhh…

HippieVan
HippieVan
Posted at

ozoneocean wrote:
We need some other way to do these next time. Being on overnight for 10 hours almost killed me this time. Gahhhh…

I mean…they don't have to be that long, do they? And you don't necessarily need to be on the entire time?

bravo1102
bravo1102
Posted at

HippieVan wrote:
ozoneocean wrote:

I mean…they don't have to be that long, do they? And you don't necessarily need to be on the entire time?

If we had more than one host. Like Ozone do five hours, then another relieve him so he can rest. But you really need the ten hours to give a chance for all the world's time zones to participate. Not everyone lives on the North American continent.

And have I said how thankful I am to my supervisor for changing the schedule to make sure I couldn't participate? Just want to make that clear. And how much I hate myself for agreeing to it.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

bravo1102 wrote:
If we had more than one host. Like Ozone do five hours, then another relieve him so he can rest. But you really need the ten hours to give a chance for all the world's time zones to participate. Not everyone lives on the North American continent.
Yeah, we need about 10 hours get get everyone in.

The only one who has an awkward time zone to be on then is me and a strip all the way up to parts of South East Asia, China and Russia, where we don't have any active community members anyway, so it's an ok Sacrifice.

I THINK we can do a second host with Skype… When we were doing the call my skype cut out for a sec and the hosting duty mysteriously changed over to Pitface. So it could be possible to switch hosts.

But there's more of a sticking point than just hosting: everyone has added me as a friend so I can easily invite everyone over… but that doesn't really work for someone else who hasn't got that list of people.

I THINK that with Google hangouts all you need is a link and anyone with a Google account can join. But I don't know how to do that. The theory sounds brilliant, but I need something that is guaranteed to work on the night. :(

bravo1102
bravo1102
Posted at

Someone else could volunteer to pick up all the names. When the change-over happens just notify everyone to switch to the new host and viola!

But I understand it is necessary to keep the list discreet?

KAM
KAM
Posted at

ozoneocean I THINK that with Google hangouts all you need is a link and anyone with a Google account can join. But I don't know how to do that. The theory sounds brilliant, but I need something that is guaranteed to work on the night. :(
Just took a quick look at Google hangouts & they do have some help articles, but probably the best way would be to arrange a small test group to meet up at some time and see if/how it works, fiddle with the features and all that.

Posted at

Can you create groups on skype, like the one we had one Saturday? Keep the members together/chat open and people can join and leave calls as they please? As long as member's are online, you could start a call with them and others can join, I have no idea if this is a thing though. I don't use skype very often.. that might be more of a google hangouts thing (which I also don't use).

I had fun though, next time I'll have some boose handy! (even if it's 11 am my time hah!)

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Booze it a VERY good idea!

The Skype group thing might work for people who're part of the original call and those that call in during my tenure as host, but I don't think it can help people who come on later after I'm gone…

we COULD just predesignate a host for the second part and get everyone who wants to take part to add them as a contact as well. That would solve all the issues :)

I will still experiment with Hangouts too though.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.