Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
bravo1102
bravo1102
Posted at

Tantz_Aerine wrote:
Today I got inspired to try and re-enter the forums and be participant like I once was, then my eyes started hurting form the squinting. I'm getting old, everything looks tiny and unreadable to me, even with glasses :(
You need bifocals, they'll go nicely with your grey hair (saw the picture). ;)

I might be retrying them myself. They might work better now that I'm not so severely myopic after the cataract surgery last year. Three eye surgeries to include emergency surgery for a partially detached retina.

Posted at

Three surgeries! Goodness I hope no more.

I'm kinda afraid of bifocals I've been told people may or may not get used to them…

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Tantz_Aerine wrote:
Today I got inspired to try and re-enter the forums and be participant like I once was, then my eyes started hurting form the squinting. I'm getting old, everything looks tiny and unreadable to me, even with glasses :(
"ctrl+" is your friend!
When you want the forum text bigger, or any online text or pics anywhere, press control and plus. Control and minus reduces the size and control and zero takes it back to normal again.

Udyr
Udyr
Posted at

Today: too hungover to draw, stared at wall all day.
Much excite.

bravo1102
bravo1102
Posted at

Udyr wrote:
Today: too hungover to draw, stared at wall all day.
Much excite.
Between my headaches and my sinus congestion I get the hangovers without getting drunk before hand. :(

PIT_FACE
PIT_FACE
Posted at

Was substitute teaching today. One of the students was this little three year old girl and she had a little turtle puppet. I lean in and say, "what's the turtle say?" she says with perfect pronunciation, "it is not your destiny to stop me."

so.

bravo1102
bravo1102
Posted at

PIT_FACE wrote:
Was substitute teaching today. One of the students was this little three year old girl and she had a little turtle puppet. I lean in and say, "what's the turtle say?" she says with perfect pronunciation, "it is not your destiny to stop me."

so.
Would you rather that it was your destiny to stop her?

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

HA AH HA HAH HAR HAAARRRRRRR! THIS ISN'T EVEN MY FINAL FORM!

Posted at

First day of my winter schedule. I feel so damn accomplished today.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Winter? Really? It's that a bit early?
You're a superhero! :D

Posted at

ozoneocean wrote:
Winter? Really? It's that a bit early?
You're a superhero! :D

not really no, not for a publishing house and certainly not for activism stuff :)

I don't know about superhero I'm just trying to keep up with everything. XD

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

You still seem pretty heroic and driven to me! :D

Posted at

I have had an interesting last couple of days. Well let me rewind a bit. Last school year, I was talking to the administrative secretary at one of the schools I worked and she said, "Hey, you went to the same high school as my little brother, do you know him?" I asked her his name and after I heard it, I said, "Yes I know him. We went to prom together."

It is amazing how over a decade of time can pass and all the memories of that major high school crush can come back to the forefront of my mind. Sitting next to each other during a 6-week SAT prep course, teammates in an Academic Club (when he was my JV captain), sharing the same set of earbuds on the bus ride home after an away game, chatting on AIM, orchestra concerts, prom night.

That is why it came as a sudden shock when I saw him at one of my workplaces on Sunday. I called out his name, then ducked below the counter and let my hair down. I ran up to him and said, "Do you remember me?" We talked outside for about thirteen minutes–one minute for every year since I last saw him. I gave him a hug and I gave him my business card with "let's get lunch" and my phone number written on the back. It turns out we have been working next door to each other for the past year and we finally crossed paths last week.

Posted at

I think your experience would totally make a romcom movie script Kawaii!

bravo1102
bravo1102
Posted at

Tantz_Aerine wrote:
I think your experience would totally make a romcom movie script Kawaii!
Oh my god, that was my reaction too!

Posted at

@bravo-
I have a burning question from 2013. Do you still have an RAF Bomber model that is up for adoption to a good home? If yes, I am very interested.

bravo1102
bravo1102
Posted at

kawaiidaigakusei wrote:
@bravo-
I have a burning question from 2013. Do you still have an RAF Bomber model that is up for adoption to a good home? If yes, I am very interested.
Any particular one? I recommend On a stand In flight as it's easier to move around. You want more than one?

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

I'm a member of some historical focussed groups on Facebook and two things that really SHITS me is that whenever certain 19th century photos are posted people will either say:
"OH THAT"S A GAY COUPLE!!!!"
or
"OH, THAT PERSON THERE IS ACTUALLY DEAD! THAT'S POST MORTEM PHOTOGRAPHY WHERE THEY WERE POSED TO LOOK ALIVE"

RE: the gay couple stuff: Yes, sometimes the people are gay, or they might possibly be gay, but many of the photos are of grown siblings or good friends. Standards for public displays of affection between people of the same sex, especially Slavs and people from the Balkans, were different than today, especially in modern English speaking countries. Straight men held hands, hugged and kissed as a matter of course.

RE: so called "PM" photography. It happened but it was very rare. If someone was dead they were shown to be dead, not given life-like poses, that sort of Weekend At Berny's thing was astonishingly rare. But these idiots imagine that all types of PM photography were common.
These dicknozzels play a game of "spot the dead person" on almost EVERY black and white photo they see.
More into on PM photography: http://www.skepticink.com/incredulous/2016/06/19/myth-victorian-post-mortem-photography/

bravo1102
bravo1102
Posted at

I feel your pain. I'm in some pretty specific interest groups and it's astounding how many absolute garbage posts there are.

Please, NO spam, NO memes, NO tropes. Facts and evidence. If a picture of an aircraft carrier has YKTN on the flight deck and a "Y" on the funnel don't claim it's the Lexington

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

I dropped out of the Battleship/battlecruiser and Dreadnought groups I was in after the millionth time the same arguments were posted.
Not to mention reposting of the same ship photos over and over.

"Bismark VS New Jersey", "Yamato VS New Jersey", "Iowa class had superheavy shells and were the best ships at sea!", "Vanguard was the most modern battleship and the best", "Look at this photo of an Iowa shell through Yamato class turret armour, this PROVES the Iowa could have beaten it", "The Iowas were battlecruisers!", "The Alaska class weren't battlecruisers! "Trump will recommission the Iowas!", "Could they bring battleships back?", "Here's my design for a modern battleship, it's gonna have 1m thick Abrams tank armour, 16 inch railgins and laser for anti-aircaft…"

All that and more repeated endlessly by about 30 thousand people, every day.

bravo1102
bravo1102
Posted at

I filter out a lot of that and look at the stuff from veterans, or the rare pictures like KGV and POW all weathered.

And then there are the tank ones where you see the WOT players get smacked down by retired master gunners. Tee-hee

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Facebook thinks I'm an American :)

bravo1102
bravo1102
Posted at

It just thinks that no one with your interests could be a native Australian. It goes against all the behavior models!

I keep getting things in Spanish. After all I live in NJ so I must be a Spanish spesker.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

bravo1102 wrote:
It just thinks that no one with your interests could be a native Australian. It goes against all the behavior models!
Actually it's probably right in that, not many Australians think I'm really Australian. Even recent immigrants seem more Aussie than me :)
I am quite an odd duck.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.