Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Ironscarf
Ironscarf
Posted at

ozoneocean wrote:
I helped a friend movie two very old book presses yesterday. These things are made of solid iron and they were stupidkerphuken HEAVY!!!! OMG!

Wouldn't it be funny if your smartphone weighed as much as all the items it could replace, combined? Book presses, tv sets, travel agents, department stores, every pointless list you could possibly imagine…

ayesinback
ayesinback
Posted at

I have a pleasant "haunting" from my Czarina past. When organizing the radio plays, I created an email account using"drunkduck" as part of the address.

So there's a company who has come to the misunderstanding that I AM drunkduck. (Bow And Tremble). "Erica" saw one of the featured comics and would like to work with the artist. I don't know which one, so if anyone is interested in the following message, please feel free to go for it.

(From the email I received):
I would personally like to invite you to become a VIDA designer and join our ever growing community of artists, from around the world, as one of our new featured artists.

VIDA is a Google Ventures-backed fashion e-commerce platform that gives artists, such as yourself, the opportunity to transform their art into beautiful high quality fashion products in a socially conscious way, by giving the gift of literacy for life to our manufacturing factory employees. Additionally, every VIDA artist receives a portion of net revenues shared back with them for each of their designs sold.

Your work would translate beautifully into apparel and accessories. On behalf of the entire VIDA team, I hope you will join our global community of artists.

To formally join VIDA and share your design vision with the world while helping others, please visit: studio.shopvida.com. Feel free to respond directly to my email with any questions you may have. I can't wait to see your collection of art as fashion products!

Best,
Erica

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

ayesinback wrote:
I have a pleasant "haunting" from my Czarina past. When organizing the radio plays, I created an email account using"drunkduck" as part of the address.

So there's a company who has come to the misunderstanding that I AM drunkduck. (Bow And Tremble). "Erica" saw one of the featured comics and would like to work with the artist. I don't know which one, so if anyone is interested in the following message, please feel free to go for it.

(From the email I received):
I would personally like to invite you to become a VIDA designer and join our ever growing community of artists, from around the world, as one of our new featured artists.

VIDA is a Google Ventures-backed fashion e-commerce platform that gives artists, such as yourself, the opportunity to transform their art into beautiful high quality fashion products in a socially conscious way, by giving the gift of literacy for life to our manufacturing factory employees. Additionally, every VIDA artist receives a portion of net revenues shared back with them for each of their designs sold.

Your work would translate beautifully into apparel and accessories. On behalf of the entire VIDA team, I hope you will join our global community of artists.

To formally join VIDA and share your design vision with the world while helping others, please visit: studio.shopvida.com. Feel free to respond directly to my email with any questions you may have. I can't wait to see your collection of art as fashion products!

Best,
Erica
That is amazing.
I think the best thing to do would be to try and find out from her which comic she's referring to so we can try and pass on the opportunity to the correct person.
Or you could pass on her email to me and I can work with her to find out.

It's funny, when I graduated with my BA from university I got that some sort of opportunity.

ayesinback
ayesinback
Posted at

ozoneocean wrote:

It's funny, when I graduated with my BA from university I got that some sort of opportunity.

The email is design@-redacted- And who knows Oz, maybe it was your art she saw.

Panman
Panman
Posted at

I was trying to figure out how to post a new comic, looking all over the site. Took me ages to notice the "create" tab at the top of the page.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

ayesinback wrote:
ozoneocean wrote:

The email is design@00000 And who knows Oz, maybe it was your art she saw.

I took out the email address so she won't get spammed. :)
I emailed her, offering to find the artist.

Ironscarf
Ironscarf
Posted at

Panman wrote:
I was trying to figure out how to post a new comic, looking all over the site. Took me ages to notice the "create" tab at the top of the page.

A new layout/design is in the early planning stages and I believe all suggestions are welcome! It should result in a less cluttered and easier to read homepage, amongst other things. There's a thread on the subject here.

bravo1102
bravo1102
Posted at

It's so innocuous. Just sitting there. I think it's somehow so appropriate that it's so unobtrusive.

And I've gone on some other sites and frankly gave up on them because I couldn't find the tab to post my work. It was screaming at me to read the top comics but to get to the tab to post my crap was like finding a needle in a haystack.

Panman
Panman
Posted at

In hindsight it's obvious.
But it might be a good idea to include a "create" link in the user control panel somewhere.

Posted at

The GM of my company is going to be in Europe for the next two weeks on holiday and as the assistant to the GM,that means I get to listen to music in the office with speakers for the next two weeks!

But in all seriousness, I absolutely love and adore my boss, she is an exceptional role-model. I just anticipate the amount of responsibilities that will be funneled to me in her absence.

===

In other news: Dita von Teese is going to be performing in Downtown Los Angeles this Friday and my mouse is hovering over the purchase ticket button while I figure out the logistics of seeing the show and still getting to work by noon on Saturday.

Also, I am going to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter on Thursday, SO EXCITED!!

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Panman wrote:
In hindsight it's obvious.
But it might be a good idea to include a "create" link in the user control panel somewhere.
I agree. I think it belongs in the control panel. But there should also be a big link to the control panel in the top bar.

———-

Good luck with your holiday from your boss Kawaii, hahaha!
Let us know how Dita's show goes.
I've been to quite a few Burlesque shows and I'm a lot more discerning now.
There are a lot of different kinds of show…

There's the great big lady in tight lingerie that cuts into her so that there are rolls of flesh- and her whole show is supposed to be a sexy, slightly humorous strip tease… and It doesn't work for me at all.
It's not entertaining. For a start we know it's not a real strip and that's not what we're there to see anyway. And it's not sexy or fun to see her revealing more of herself where it's just unfaltering, overly tight lingerie.

The other that doesn't work is the skinny fetish model who thinks the show should just be her showing off he tattoos and piercings… We don't care, that's not interesting in the least. Show your mum and dad instead.

A good burlesque show is when it's a REAL show. It's not about a strip show at all, and it's not about some person trying to be alternative or transgressive or whatever rubbish they think is cool.
Good Burlesque is about designing a routine that will entertain an audience, and stripping is a part of that routine- definitely not the main part. A show should be funny or cool in some way, but it's not just based on the fact they're showing their boobs or bum. If we cared about that we'd see a real strip show.

Niccea
Niccea
Posted at

I know it is weird to be excited about this, but I just got a termination notice for my company. My position ends in September. The reason I'm excited is that I was planning on quitting in August anyway. If I hold out through September, I am eligible for unemployment and a severance package.

bravo1102
bravo1102
Posted at

And the next installment of "What's my fiasco " my usb hub disconnected corrupting several whole file folders for my comic. A month's work down the drain. But I did the scan and repair and all the list files were recovered. But my laptop doesn't read the "found " folder so I had to use my desktop and change the extensions one file at A time, reopen them in Photoshop and re-save them. There are 900 plus files. Oh joy. But I retrieved the important cheap so life is tolerable.

Udyr
Udyr
Posted at

My day so far;
Cleaning apartment, trip to buy groceries, gardening/checking on my herb garden on the balcony…..Then proceed to staring at the pc-screen for 3 hours when im supposed to work on my comic, or ANYTHING really!
I forgot to take my adhd meds so it might explain it, my attention gets to reddit or even this forum right now! Oh well, at least its taco-night.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Udyr wrote:
Then proceed to staring at the pc-screen for 3 hours when im supposed to work on my comic, or ANYTHING really!
Ugh, that's my life…

seventy2
seventy2
Posted at

Remember when i used to post here so much, that skoolmunkee scolded me, and we turned the rant thread into a yearly rant thread?

bravo1102
bravo1102
Posted at

seventy2 wrote:
Remember when i used to post here so much, that skoolmunkee scolded me, and we turned the rant thread into a yearly rant thread?
Wasn't it something about getting the post number up? But now she's not here and the annual thing keeps it current and not full of spam. (Orders up: Spam, eggs, bacon and spam!)

Haven't heard anything from you in like two comics (back in when I was doing Battle of the Robofemoids?) Wow…

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

seventy2 wrote:
You kept posting weird selfies ^_^

seventy2
seventy2
Posted at

It was weird selfies, and i think i was drunk posting all the time…back when it was drunk duck. skoolmunkee chided me, and shortly after that we started dating the threads.

Well, what was it? 2011 when i left. The forums had a tough year that year. and since it was up and down, i decided to leave. Turns out, Drunk duck was the only thing holding my life together.
Went on a deployment sometime that year, leading to my actual divorce. (whew! we finally did it!!)
Got a (non-life threatening or even bad really) medical condition which disqualified me from my dream military job, lost my discipline, made some mistakes in the military, deployed several more times, spiraled further down, left active duty, got bored working civilian jobs, moved to california, joined part time military rescue, went unemployed for a year, then picked up a job at Tesla Motors.

I've been working there for over 2 years now. I was even in Queensland australia last year for the military!

life is pretty good these days. but there's a whole lot more in those gaps, but that's the TL;DR

Ironscarf
Ironscarf
Posted at

life is pretty good these days. but there's a whole lot more in those gaps, but that's the TL;DR

Glad to hear you're still out there doing the thing - I often wonder what happened to you. I can't find Top Drawer Gamma though!

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

seventy2 wrote:
It was weird selfies, and i think i was drunk posting all the time…back when it was drunk duck. skoolmunkee chided me, and shortly after that we started dating the threads.

Well, what was it? 2011 when i left. The forums had a tough year that year. and since it was up and down, i decided to leave. Turns out, Drunk duck was the only thing holding my life together.
Went on a deployment sometime that year, leading to my actual divorce. (whew! we finally did it!!)
Got a (non-life threatening or even bad really) medical condition which disqualified me from my dream military job, lost my discipline, made some mistakes in the military, deployed several more times, spiraled further down, left active duty, got bored working civilian jobs, moved to california, joined part time military rescue, went unemployed for a year, then picked up a job at Tesla Motors.

I've been working there for over 2 years now. I was even in Queensland australia last year for the military!

You were in Australia? That's groovy man!
I remember the dream job you were going for… Something about parachuting… Good to know about the Tesla job :)
Your wife was terrible for you. I'm glad that part of your life is over.
Welcome back man! I've often thought about you.

Posted at

Welcome back Seventy2, yes, I remember all your forum posts from about nine years ago. Back then you were always being deployed and would always return home with more life stress than when you left.

===

Guess what I did a few weekends ago, Oz?

A few nights before Dita Von Teese's: Art of the Teese show in LA, I was able to find a ticket at a pretty nice price. I figure, she is one of my fashion/style icons and one of my role models, so I had to see her perform at least once. That Friday I took the early afternoon train to Los Angeles, had dinner in Little Tokyo and then I was on the South end of Broadway waiting in a line of young women in vintage dresses with red lipstick and long black curls. The audience was quite the spectacle.

I walked inside the restored, historic Ace Theater with its early Art Deco interior architecture. The main hall had floral wood cutouts, and I found my seat in the side left orchestra section, the red velvet upholstery cushions dating back to nearly sixty years sinces its last refitting, and I sat with high aniticipation for my first Burlesque show.

Dita came out and did her signature martini glass piece, then a contemporary dancer named Ginger Valentine recreated a classic Dita performamce with her own style. There was a Dancer from Australia who choreographed her dance number to a retro song that would have been played from a gramaphone. There was a M2F transgender that performed a very ethereal piece. A male matador that disguised himself like Zorro. There was a very plump plus size dancer riding on a stationary carousel horse.

In addition to the martini glass, did performed a number with the giant ostrich feathers, one where she lip synced and danced with two male dancers, she closed the night with a Western themed performance that ended with her on a pink upholstered, plush electronic bull where she rode it in slow motion to the heart-pulse beat of the DJ.

The entire show was magical, superb, and mesmerizing. It will definitely go down as one of the best experiences and well-spent evenings in recent history.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

That sounds amazing Kawaii! What a superb experience :D

Posted at

Today I got inspired to try and re-enter the forums and be participant like I once was, then my eyes started hurting form the squinting. I'm getting old, everything looks tiny and unreadable to me, even with glasses :(

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.