Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Ironscarf
Ironscarf
Posted at

kawaiidaigakusei wrote:

First off, @Ironscarf, it Needs. More. Cowbell.

It is time to start playing Pink Floyd so you can get Comfortably Numb.

Why didn't I think of that? No cowbell but I should be able to get by with a milk saucepan and wooden spoon.

Genejoke
Genejoke
Posted at

ozoneocean wrote:
Hope it's not CoVid-19 :(
Get well soon man!!!

Nope not covid, fortunately.

BearinOz
BearinOz
Posted at

Ironscarf wrote:
I don't know if it's Covid related, but this week I keep reaching for my guitar and playing the riff from Don't Fear The Reaper over and over again. I feel like if I stop the riff, something bad will happen. Any suggestions?
Love that track !! Just keep playing it !

Ironscarf
Ironscarf
Posted at

The riff never gets old and what he plays in the mid section is pretty epic too. I'm thinking Buck Dharma is an underrated guitarist.
Some fans must have said it was cheesy though,because he now plays it on this cheese guitar.

usedbooks
usedbooks
Posted at

I have three work days left in 2020. Going to be unemployed again on Monday. (My annual cycle for the past 12 years. Seasonal work…)

Despite the stress and craziness, I managed to finish a Halloween bonus picture for Used Books, and I didn't half-ass it either. It's colored and everything (no background, so maybe a little half-assed).

bravo1102
bravo1102
Posted at

Let's see fourteen presentations for the DD Awards along with some judging. My comic is has updates through December and I just finished the script for an idea I've been thinking about for over a dozen years.

Now, I have to spend November doing the horror anthology story. Once I get going – and still doing 40 hours a week.

Maybe one day I'll turn out something folks will feel like reading. Nah. I'll just keep doing the garbage I do. Have more fun writing crap than the crap of those pretentious "we're just so much better than you" types. Pretending the 85% of everything is garbage somehow doesn't apply to them or the things they like. That's the point it is garbage and 85% of the population can't tell the difference. :D ;)

L.C.Stein
L.C.Stein
Posted at

@usedbooks Sorry to hear about the ending of employment. I hope you find something quickly or work picks up for you soon. I have a halloween bonus pic to do too, but I will check yours out :)

@bravo I sometimes wonder if I will put something out that is likeable on a mass scale, but then I come back to the same conclusion…just gonna do what I am gonna do, since no one is telling me otherwise.

I hope everyone is having a good Halloween season. I've been churning out a lot of work for "comictober" on social media and trying to grow my account. It's been crazy. Organic growth is a thing of the past, it seems…Instagram has hidden posts from hashtags due to the election rather than just go after and punish the obvious fake news. I mean, is my comic about a cat turning into a pumpkin going to affect someone's vote? LOL

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

lcsteinInstagram has hidden posts from hashtags due to the election rather than just go after and punish the obvious fake news. I mean, is my comic about a cat turning into a pumpkin going to affect someone's vote? LOL
That's scary… Social media is a cancer in the online world :(

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

The US election is still going on :(
UGH! Right down to the damn wire… What a nightmare.

L.C.Stein
L.C.Stein
Posted at

Yes, this whole thing is just grueling…not only is it a very close race, but not sure if we have ever had an election in a pandemic before.

Pennsylvania has laws on the books that they don't count mail-in ballots until election day, and since so many people opted to mail in due to COVID, well…

bravo1102
bravo1102
Posted at

There's a reason why the Constitution stipulates the election in November and the inauguration the following January. This is to allow the all the votes to be counted and certified.

In the modern era humans have gotten so accustomed to instant results that they forget that through most of history humans have had to be patient to see the outcomes of long processes.

Go live your life and enjoy the experience. The election will still be there when you get back. There might even be a certified victor. And don't bite your nails. Use the clippers, they're in the bathroom.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

bravo1102 wrote:
In the modern era humans have gotten so accustomed to instant results that they forget that through most of history humans have had to be patient to see the outcomes of long processes.
It's not that at all though is it?
This is one of those times when it's very close and that's what'd making people feel this way. It was the same when Bush Jnr was first elected (Vs Gore), but it wasn't the case in his subsequent election.

This isn't us being used to instant gratification, it's because it's a close run thing. And I think that's always been the case on close run elections in all countries.

bravo1102
bravo1102
Posted at

It is. Counting election results takes time. Every vote has to verified and counted. That takes time. Like little Veruka Salt "we want it now".

The US is a large sparsely populated country. That's why the Electoral College doesn't meet till December and the President isn't inaugurated until January.

Understand the process and you will be a lot more patient, nail biter or no.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

You're not right Bravo :)
Most elections just aren't down to the wire like that and there were unique circumstances here:
Massive efforts to promote and cast mail in ballots because CoVid-19 made polling in place dangerous, among other things.
This wasn't typical.
Besides, the amount of votes THIS time were far larger than the previous election.

—————–

Well thank goodness Trump is out and Biden is in. Still have to wait till January but it'll be a relief to have someone in the top spot who isn't motivated by pride and pretty revenge.

Flying by the seat of your pants, going by instinct, bluster, and old ideas works in business when you can force people to do things your way but it doesn't work very well in politics where it's not just about personal negotiation but about dealing with reality.
You can't con and intimidate science and nature, you can't force reality to do things your way… and even with negotiation with people his tactics turn out to be shit because politics don't involve the same amount of leeway as slimy business dealings do.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

It's a strange time in the USA with Trump still not conceding defeat yet for some reason XD
Really quite embarrassing…

I imagine he will eventually.

El Cid
El Cid
Posted at

2021's going to be an interesting year!

Genejoke
Genejoke
Posted at

I predict a new civil war in the US, which paves the way for world war 3.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

The anger on both sides is disturbing.
I know Trump and his idiot followers started it, and like a true populist Trump just stoked fires rather than lead or do anything useful…
But the anger and urge for retaliation felt by the people on the other side is worrying- speaking as an outsider to the USA

bravo1102
bravo1102
Posted at

I predict

Lawsuits all fail. No recount alters the vote enough to overturn any state.
14 December the Electoral college meets and elects Biden.
Congress soon after certifies the election

People say lots of silly things, make threats and turn the Stupid up to a fourteen.

20 JANUARY Biden is inaugurated and Trump skulks out of office.

All the worry and predictions of the end of time will recede from view the same they way they have after every election practically going back to 1800.

Things will return to its usual abnormal foolishness.

Interesting but only so stressed because we're in the middle of it as opposed to reading it about how similar happened throughout US history. Concessions are something of the recent past especially radio and TV.

I've been busy trying to explain things to family members and folks on Twitter. Historians and others who spend their time studying history are pretty much agreed about it.

I recommend paying less attention to the news and reading more webcomics. I'm also very busy putting together the pages for my entry into the Drunk Duck anthology.

Posted at

I am going to step outside of the box and predict that there is going to be an external common enemy that will result in the human race joining forces and put aside our political differences and work together against a foe. The UN will take over as the global political power.

This could be brought on by a deadly virus, our own technologies bent on self-destruction of all humans and/or our planet, one country failing to produce clean water for its population, or an enormous satellite in a rural village in an East Asian country that has made contact with sentient beings not from this world.

I truly hope this is all a quarantine-induced stupor, brought on by the Internet and consuming way too many episodes of Classic Art Bell on coast-to-coast radio during the last eight months.

However, if Civil War is on the table as per @Genejoke's suggestion, could you imagine how that would play out?

One side would have the majority of the artillery and military equipment.

The otherside would be more likely to have a liberal arts background and excellent poster making skills.

So the answer could be to legalize medicinal plants (like herbal teas) in all fifty states so everyone over twenty-one just mellows out and makes it through the next phase (however months) in one piece.

Posted at

kawaiidaigakusei wrote:
I am going to step outside of the box and predict that there is going to be an external common enemy that will result in the human race joining forces and put aside our political differences and work together against a foe. The UN will take over as the global political power.

This could be brought on by a deadly virus, our own technologies bent on self-destruction of all humans and/or our planet, one country failing to produce clean water for its population, or an enormous satellite in a rural village in an East Asian country that has made contact with sentient beings not from this world.

I truly hope this is all a quarantine-induced stupor, brought on by the Internet and consuming way too many episodes of Classic Art Bell on coast-to-coast radio during the last eight months.

However, if Civil War is on the table as per @Genejoke's suggestion, could you imagine how that would play out?

One side would have the majority of the artillery and military equipment.

The otherside would be more likely to have a liberal arts background and excellent poster making skills.

So the answer could be to legalize medicinal plants (like herbal teas) in all fifty states so everyone over twenty-one just mellows out and makes it through the next phase (however months) in one piece.

I predict a scenerio where Kittens and Puppies rise up against the machine to take on the Zombie Nazi Alabamian Martians from Planet Blood-19 by joining forces with the Cthulu Nation and Purple Panther!!!!!

El Cid
El Cid
Posted at

bravo1102 wrote:
I recommend paying less attention to the news and reading more webcomics. I'm also very busy putting together the pages for my entry into the Drunk Duck anthology.
I wish I could spend more time reading webcomics! These days I'm so busy learning game design stuff, that's almost all I use my computer for. This site needs a Roku app.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

kawaiidaigakusei wrote:
I am going to step outside of the box and predict that there is going to be an external common enemy that will result in the human race joining forces and put aside our political differences and work together against a foe…

…This could be brought on by a deadly virus.
Hahaha, in light of what's happened this year I don't thik that can happen XD

@Bravo- Oh I know Trump will skulk away. What worries me is the attitudes of all my friends on the left in the USA and the hatred they feel the Trumpies now. This has changed them.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.