Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

I Think We've All Been Here

bravo1102
bravo1102
Posted at

Fuck it. Drive on.

When you've done something that no one thought you were capable of sometimes you can drive on regardless. Jump?

Nah, just keep going and doing even if I'm only pleasing myself. The rest of the world might catch up to me or not, but I blazed a trail.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

I spend months and months on a single page XD
I get comments because I have friends on the site and my status gives me a teeny bit of a profile, and those are lovely. I treasure them all!

But the page DOES take months… doing it you start to think that the world is holding its breath for your work, and at the completion of the page you'll get an Oscar, a new car and a prize of $1500… None of which ever happen.
You don't really get rewards that equal the work you put in :(

BUT, the more stuff you do the more of a creative treasure you build up, so bugger the lack of recognition, just focus on building your opus man! Maybe you can spin it into something bigger like a screenplay or whatever. The work is the reward.

dpat57
dpat57
Posted at

Add a banner/link in your signature, post more, update your thread in Meet, Greet, Show and Sell, jump up and down and wave more, here and everywhere else that'll have you.

bravo1102
bravo1102
Posted at

And then you get used to wallowing in unread misery and suddenly your comic jumps from a hundred to seven hundred page views. Total mystery. Poof! Here are the page views you deserve but then they're gone and you're like WTF!

hpkomic
hpkomic
Posted at

Yeah, I feel it. Especially after the update from Tapas today revealing the individual episode view counts have been inflated and have since been adjusted. The lack of engagement can feel even worse after something like that.

Posted at

hpkomic wrote:
Yeah, I feel it. Especially after the update from Tapas today revealing the individual episode view counts have been inflated and have since been adjusted. The lack of engagement can feel even worse after something like that.

Sadly a problem as old as the internet. It's a trap you have to learn to avoid early on when you run your own site. If you take analytics reports at face value, you think your site is hoppin'. Only later when someone explains that it's the unique visitors and not pageviews do you start to see the sobering reality.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.