Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Posted at

not really a rant, just something I need to say.

It creeps me out so much when I'm looking at art, say on deviant art, and I see pictures of characters from games, shows, movies, etc. paired differently than I would pair them up. More specifically, yaoi creeps me out. Not when it's within it's own story, but when people take characters from other stories, like L and Light Yagami from Death Note and pair them up. Or Sora and Riku. It's just…weird. Not because I'm a homophobic or anything like that…it's just that I would never imagine those characters together…and…I don't like the idea of them together.

I never needed to see this image
Or this one
or this one
and lastly this one (which REALLY creeps me out)

I know I can't control what people draw or how they think, and I don't want to. I'm just stating that this shit creeps me right outta town.

hm, I don't think I quite understand, could you maybe put some more links to clarify?
XD
I didn't know who most of those characters were (and I call myself an anime fan… TT_TT) but hey, I think it's cool!
especially the deathnote one. not so much the Zelda one.

Posted at

and lastly this one (which REALLY creeps me out)

*laughs uncontrollably* That last one isn't too bad compared to other stuff I've seen… That's just hilarious!!! LOL :D

A venting thread, I see?

Well, I shall vent, if that's the correct thing to do.

My friends treat me like I'm a moron, school sucks ass, I can't draw, my cello skills are killing me, I don't have time for fun, life's a bitch, and the goverment's an idiot.

Short, sweet, and to the point.

Posted at

oof I hate school, I hate school, I hate school. I cannot focus at all on my work and my grades are gonna suffer. I have some weird ADD where I just, like, CAN'T open Microsoft Word. Not even "I keep staring at the blank page" I can't even get that far. I just…
can't.
can'tcan'tCAN'T! and I never get any sleep, because I'm too busy not-writing my papers, and then when I finally go ahead and write I only have like four hours or so to write a detailed, long paper… long as in 7-9 pages. which is almost impossible and yet I still can't motivate myself!!
aghghhh!!!
I hate the world. soo much. holy god. I want to live in a cabin in the woods and never have to see anyone or go to classes or talk or anything, where I can just draw and write.
but unfortunately one of the only things I truly love to do, which is to write, is being twisted and destroyed before my very eyes… writing is now my enemy, which is so tragic since it used to be my treasured companion.

and people? I used to think people were generally good, that even though everyone has their imperfections, if you weighed the good and the bad, the good would indubitably win.
But now I know that everyone except for me sucks, and humans only care about preserving themselves. there's a reason why we have one single consciousness, instead of the jungian bullshit collective unconscious; it's because the "I" is the only thing that matters. but that makes the world a lonely, broken place, and it makes society nothing but a farce. We think we're like cells of an organism, little parts that come together to create a cohesive, functioning whole, but really.. we're like the outer atmosphere of the world. separate, useless, cold.

oh and
I hate people who are hypocritical about smoking. Oh it's harming my health? who even cares?! why live in constant fear of a vague, future 'maybe'? Well then don't drive your car, it's bad for your health. You may crash and die. Life always ends the same way, so why even bother worrying about it?

and
I hate people who think it's cute to argue. you know, the people who, if you say, "look, a star!" they'll say, "no, that's an airplane!" or if you say, "I love tortillas, aka spanish omelets," they'll say, "no! tortillas are like tostitos or taco shells and stuff!" WTF they're BOTH TORTILLAS!!!!!!!!!! fucking showoffs who are always wrong really tick me off. it's not cool to be constantly contrary. It's such a pain when people try to turn everything into a debate. those are the kind of people who if they see a drawing of yours, rather than say, "oh! this is good! but this needs work! etc" they just go on fucking boring tirades about how much you suck. Imagine trying to nod politely through a long-winded harangue about how you should be putting your efforts elsewhere because you just "shouldn't bother". Not even from an artist, from some idiotic nobody who somehow looks like he's 40 even though he's 20. Good luck getting laid, dude. like it's ever going to happen. blrgh!!

oh but I have 2 dates this weekend
with two different guys (shhh!)
so that's not too bad!!!

wyldflowa
wyldflowa
Posted at

I really dislike my brother's girlfriend - she's the most whiney, insipid creature I've ever heard. I say HEARD because she's never introduced herself to any of our family, she just goes up to my brothers room for a lock in with him… I'm in the room next to them and all I hear is her drawling voice, mewing at my brother for attention or for him to go downstairs and make her some food or get her a drink… She comes to our house, won't speak a word to us and eats all our food! I mean above all else it's just downright RUDE to not at least say hello before consuming our consumables~! I'm not a massively generous person so I hate people taking food anyway but to not even ask or help prepare it-?! So rude.

Oh, it sounds like my older brother's just had an argument with his wife too… Goddam women, I swear.

I also keep getting this creeping feeling that my work isn't taken very seriously because it's anime-styled and has boys' love. :/ I'm trying hard to do something different but I really do feel overlooked compared to people who do "serious" comics. URGH. Gotta fight the stereotypes! D:<

I'm also annoyed I'm a lovely young, attractive woman and I don't have a boyfriend! XD Two dates Kristen?! You luckyyyyy! >o<

Alexis
Alexis
Posted at

I really dislike my brother's girlfriend - she's the most whiney, insipid creature I've ever heard.

I'm also annoyed I'm a lovely young, attractive woman and I don't have a boyfriend! XD Two dates Kristen?! You luckyyyyy! >o<

I feel for you! I had a roommate who'se girlfriend would just go straight to his room and spend the whole night talking in baby talk at a volume everyone in the apartment could hear.

And I am ALSO a charming young woman and I haven't gone on a real date in almost 10 months. (what? I'm not counting.) Hang in there!

Posted at

[warning: the following is unusually girly and hard-to-stomache-whiny. Discretion advised.]

ok…
just so you know, I've never
ever
ever
had a boyfriend ;_;!!!!!!! EVER!!! well in second grade I dated Josh Williams but that
doesn't
countttt
waah!
(XD Josh Williams… what the hell)

And I'm 19!!!!! it's like I have some sort of anti-male disease!!! I bet like ANYTHING I'm the only person over the age of 18 who's never had a boyfriend/girlfriend.

so yeah. my love life is on par with watching paint dry, in terms of activity and excitement.

and, and besides, I'm not sure if one of them counts as a date… he may just be platonically going to dinner and a movie with me… although I hope not *cries* (of course this is a cute, fun, guitar-playing boy with long blonde emo hair… *sighs* and he's an anime geek. +50000. and one time I went out to a japanese restaurant with him and I had a bunch of textbooks and he carried them for me ^_^ he had to wrestle them away from me though lol! I have my pride!! …and… and last saturday we CUDDLED!! sure, it was cold out, and neither of us had had the foresight to wear jackets but… COME ON MAX just effing make out with me already!!!!!!! TT_TT!!!)

the other person flat-out said it was a date, which shocked me into saying "ok" before I even thought about it, lol. but he's not good looking at all and he's not all that smart (I proofread his Critical Methods papers for him… he'd probably be failing that class if it weren't for me. Luckily for him I enjoy fixing bad writing) and he has really bad taste in music. he likes… trance music, creed… ergh and lots of shite that I hate. but he's from panama, which is +30000 points… and he's fun to talk to. oh and he has a mohawk which is fun. but I'm not gonna date someone because I like his hair (plus I like max's hair more… *swoons*)

wow I'm glad I got all this off my chest. now everyone knows what a farce my lovelife is! yay!

Posted at

She comes to our house, won't speak a word to us and eats all our food! I mean above all else it's just downright RUDE to not at least say hello before consuming our consumables~!

I also keep getting this creeping feeling that my work isn't taken very seriously because it's anime-styled and has boys' love. :/ I'm trying hard to do something different but I really do feel overlooked compared to people who do "serious" comics. URGH. Gotta fight the stereotypes! D:<
OMG I hate people who take all the food! grr or how about if you say, "hey want some popcorn" or whatever and give someone SOME popcorn and they just start taking as much popcorn as they want!! urgh!! it's like, "I have a finite supply of popcorn you know!! buy your own!!!"
ew though, evil woman.

omg noo your work is sooo awesome!!! ok there's SUCH a difference between that and some of the other yaoi comics… the ones that pay no attention to shading, background, proportions, and basically consist of, "here's Tanaka. Here's Fuuji. sit back and watch them chibi-make-out and then have BUTTSECKS!" RC at least has awesome character development and is able to restrain itself with the fangirlyness. yeah and if other people don't see the potential of your comic, well screw them!!!!
haha I've always had a really soft spot for your comic because I had a major revelation about comic-making in general whilst reading RC…
(the revelation was "put more than 3 panels per page", lol… but it certainly helped)

aww and alexis, I can't believe you're single too, your picture in the picture thread was quite fetching!!! (fetching? who am I, oscar wilde?? lol)

Posted at

waaaaaaaaaaaaah i just feel like screaming!!!
I have a horrible job! 12 hours a day and only 100 Euro a week! what crap pay is that!! im leaving but i cant get away for another month!!
I just got a wisdomtooth pulled yesterday so it hurts like friggin hell! i want to scream and shout but i cant cuz it hurts!! i dont know whether to get really upset or really angry! it hurts so much that its giving me a migraine! perfect right!? owowowo!
and i miss my boyfriend so much!!! ive known him for 6 months now but we've only seen eathother for 2 weeks put together(because i work in a different country)
im home for two weeks now and i just want to be with him but he has exams and lives far away(even if we're in the same country) so im all upset about that because im so misserable…(so is he.. hes so wonderful.. he waits for me and he even visited me in ireland.. oh i love him!)

i havent been able to update my comics for 4 months now!! TT_TT i WANT to! but i dont have a scanner where i work! and i dont have the time to draw eather! TT_TT waaah i hate it! i was getting so many cool friends here on DD but now im neglecting them and my comics! im so sorry! i really mean that!!

all my friends live in copenhagen which is super far from where i live so i hardly ever get to see them!! i miss them! i miss people!! i just want someone to talk to dammit!! dont you know that feeling?

oh im just so misserable because of the pain in my tooth/jaw.. thank you for letting me get it out a bit
thankies

~Jette

Posted at

i demand proof! :)

And I am ALSO a charming young woman and I haven't gone on a real date in almost 10 months. (what? I'm not counting.) Hang in there!

this is also hard to believe!
aren't there any wierd looking guys(yer preference ^_-) that treat women well over there?

Posted at

[warning: the following is unusually girly and hard-to-stomache-whiny. Discretion advised.]

ok…
just so you know, I've never
ever
ever
had a boyfriend ;_;!!!!!!! EVER!!! well in second grade I dated Josh Williams but that
doesn't
countttt
waah!
(XD Josh Williams… what the hell)

And I'm 19!!!!! it's like I have some sort of anti-male disease!!! I bet like ANYTHING I'm the only person over the age of 18 who's never had a boyfriend/girlfriend.

im 19 too(almost 20) and i just got my first boyfriend a few months ago.. i have only seen him 2 weeks put together because we live in different counties right now..;_; but seriously! i never ever ever thought i would get a boyfriend! never! so really i know how you feel! i remember how misserable i was right the day before i met him acctally.. i was crying and everything.. i couldnt stand the fact that i would soon be 20 and still never even been kissed before! how embarrasing! i was crying and whining and i felt like the biggest looser.. but then i realized i was okay with it.. and then, the day after, i met him…. totally odd! i was so lucky! if i hadnt gone to visit my friend on that day i would still be single and never-kissed. and i have 3 other friends(older than me) who has never been kissed/never had a boyfriend7girlfriend before so really at least we're/you're not alone..

Posted at

let me tell you this.

edit—

————————————————

I'll be drawing—

Alexis
Alexis
Posted at

Not to be "That Guy," but I don't think this thread need to turn into people bashing the opposite sex. I could have said very similar things about men and dating, but I don't think it's going to help anyone and it's really disrespectfull. This is supposed to be a venting thread, not a relationship advice thread.

Wolfer
Wolfer
Posted at

I got a basketball in the head. Then I hit the door with my fist. Because of that both my head and my fist ahced for the whole day. That was annoying.

I quite agree with you peipei. I can honestly say I've never dated anyone, but from my experience, men lie more often than women, but I've noticed that those are quite often little white lies. You know, getting their buddies out of trouble or lying to not reveal a secret. But from my experience women and girls are more prone to make big lies than men. It's just my experience, not a stereotypical assumption of womankind I moght add.

Posted at

i think i'm coming down with a sore throat

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

You need one of those flexible ones that spring back when you… yeah.

I have a sinus ache!

That Fix 8 add thing doesn't work…

And the update list isn't working right at the moment :(

Posted at

I suck at life. I feel sick because I haven't been getting like ANY sleep lately, I can't write,
I
suck
at
life.

I wish Oscar Wilde could come back from the dead and be my best friend.

JoeyOtaka
JoeyOtaka
Posted at

I suck at life. I feel sick because I haven't been getting like ANY sleep lately, I can't write,
I
suck
at
life.

I wish Oscar Wilde could come back from the dead and be my best friend.
Kristen! Don't say that! you're awsome yanno? *hugs* sometimes shit happends, and sometimes it happends when your walking, but yanno, ya gotta put up with it till you can get to a bathroom to get cleaned up… <<;;; that was totally random…and get some sleep then ><;;; i havent got much sleep either.. D:

Reason my day sucked: well, i deleted and blocked an ex-friend off my messenger's and i'm still feeling gloomey because i didnt get to make it to my brothers funeral yesterday and all that jazz. I want to go home to Oklahoma for awhile and hug my mom and dadio for as long as i can. and see my o'l black lab again and just… be around my friend (yes i said friend) I only had one best friend in T-town… D: then the rest was my family… i miss green country…

Posted at

oh my god… I'm so sorry about your brother… gees, that makes my sleep-deprivation seem like a pretty weak excuse…
wow, chelsea, gee, I'm really sorry… you have my condolences… *hugs*

Posted at

dang now I don't want to whine about my normal crap buuuut what the hell.

I just decided I would like to work in advertising/PR/marketing for the game industry and am now failing miserably to find a job doing so or a job at all doing any kind of advertising/PR/marketing. Graduation is 2 weeks away and finals are soon upon me and this stupid woman who is offering a PR Internship for 5-10 hours a week keeps telling me she'll give it to me after she sees me write some stuff and then making me write more stuff without hiring me. I spend all my freetime on job search sites and I have a phone interview next week for a marketing internship I don't remember applying to.

gjkldaeiafsads.

Oh, and like everybody else in the last couple of posts, I fail at dating. OH but for some reason I almost always find Kristen Gudsnuk's posts interesting…in a not creepy, girl-stalker kind of way. Er, yeah.

Posted at

A wise Submariner gave me Great advice once that I have learned to live by—

JUST KEEP SWIMMING.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.