Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Comic Talk and General Discussion *
Posted at

I'd rather my avatar be like 40,000 kbs… not too big, but not too small. to me 10,000 kbs is way too small. conidseirng I like to use animated gif avatars in the highest quality possible.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

-I've got fast cable too, but comon forum courtesty calls for small file size on trivial image files.

So, we've got one vote for 200K from Rich, and one vote for 40 megabite avatars from Aurora… 40 meg? seriously…? My whole Pinky TA series (excluding the movies) only gets to 10 meg… Wow, one avatar 4 times the size of my archive… o_O

Posted at

i don't know why you guys need such big avatars below 100kb is fine

Posted at

….how many of you can Dance?

i get by on the dance floor ^_^

Rich
Rich
Posted at

I played DDR a few times. Does that count?

Posted at

I THINK I can dance, does that count?

Going off of the chinese thing…who's white here?

suzi
suzi
Posted at

Whiter that uhm…a lot of things that are white. …
like, goth-white. without the effort. or the nerd-pasty.

haha. what.

go to bed, suzi.

jgib99
jgib99
Posted at

I THINK I can dance, does that count?

I can do the Robot. Outside of that, I have two left feet.

I'm white.

which would explain why I can't dance.

Terminal
Terminal
Posted at

Hmm, a question that revolves around me (wow, self-centered much?) Which would you rather call me by, my standard DrunkDuck account name Terminal (Which I have used on DrunkDuck for a long time) or Myxomatosis? (a name I just got out of nowhere early-late this year last.)

And, is anyone here a slacker?

Posted at

Hmm, a question that revolves around me (wow, self-centered much?) Which would you rather call me by, my standard DrunkDuck account name Terminal (Which I have used on DrunkDuck for a long time) or Myxomatosis? (a name I just got out of nowhere early-late this year last.)

Yes, I think many of us are slackers. I know I a…I'm sorry, I'm so lazy I can't even finish that sentence.

I prefer not to address people directly by usernames, real names, or nicknames. I also try to keep my pronouns unisex, as it's sometimes difficult to divine gender from usernames and avatar.

Posted at

Sadly I slack far too often.

Also, I'm used to Terminal now. :) Also it goes with the whole airport thing…

AQua_ng
AQua_ng
Posted at

I'm Japanese AND Korean, but not CHinese ^^;
under 25 (19)

and despite the androgenous real name and username(?)
I am not a female

I can moonwalk and I can bodypop a bit.

Posted at

hmmm…can i remember some of the questions
no- cuz i really am reeling in those years-47 in a month
no i cant dance.
i dont know much about australia(desert, kangaroos,and eddie campbell), new zealand(sheep)and canada(english/french, for better or worse-best comic ever) except the image of maple sugar maple leaf candy popped into my head that might be subliminal because of the canada flag because the candy always cme from my gram who lived in vermont. hard candy especially ribbon candy for xmas seems to get harder to find each year. i blame the dentists for that. i love chocolate- the darker the better.
i'm japanese/white. i dont know the language because we lived in the us and back in the 60's/70's you only spoke english. I like living here now because you can be both now. I'm planning a trip to japan with my sister next year or two- we've never been there. i'm looking forward to that.
last i looked, i was female.
i like both strips and stories- they both require different strengths from tne creator.

and now my question…
what would you do if you couldnt draw?

Posted at

-I've got fast cable too, but comon forum courtesty calls for small file size on trivial image files.

So, we've got one vote for 200K from Rich, and one vote for 40 megabite avatars from Aurora… 40 meg? seriously…? My whole Pinky TA series (excluding the movies) only gets to 10 meg… Wow, one avatar 4 times the size of my archive… o_O

whoops. I meant 40k, not kbs.

Posted at

and now my question…

I'd write. which I do now too anyway.

Rich
Rich
Posted at

and now my question…

I was a writer long before I was a comicker. Of course, my current project is awefully ambitious (Equinox, except it's set to be 9 novels long with a predicted 300-800 pages per book).

My question now:

What do you people do for a living?

Posted at

Female here, too ;) (or not NOT female…?) I like everything sweet- and sometimes rich, though not necessarily… I can dance… I don't play online, though I did use to role play in chat rooms that have long since gone extinct… am definitely over 25. Greek-Canadian.

I have a story comic going, not a strip, but I think both types simply rock if the artist is good enough ;) If I couldn't draw, I would write much more.

I teach/educate teachers and write novels for a living, and my degree is on educational psychology.

Okay, my questions, two of them:

1. Anyone Greek out there? Or living in Greece, or having lived there?

2. What do you find potentially inspiring, and inspiring what?

Posted at

I teach/educate teachers and write novels for a living, and my degree is on educational psychology.

Hello educational cousin, mine's in educational technology and I'm an instructional designer. :)

Posted at

and now my question…

I pretty much can't draw as it is, but that doesn't stop me from having a buttload of webcomics. I don't have the energy to write fiction right now…I find it easier to tell stories in a comic medium anyway, and unlike film (the other thing I write) I can incorporate all the things I like about writing books into comics (constant narration is hard in film).

Vaoni
Vaoni
Posted at

I am, little white english girl.

and now my question…

same thing as others have said, probably write, then get others to make concept designs for my ideas to turn them into films and such.
But seeing as how i can draw, will be doing that all myself. oh boy.

My question now:

I study at a University College (yea they call themselves that) for Art & Design. Doing a foundation course, will move on to do a degree in animation or film making after that.
Other than uni/college, i work at a cinema during weekends, and pretty much just sleep during any time i have to myself.

Posted at

My question now:

I'm a drawing instructor and a published illustrator, despite the fact my college training and several years of applied practice is in animation.

Working on two things:

1….with a fellow animator on a comic book collaboration based on a concept of mine. I'm writing the story, lettering, and illustrating the backgrounds while he is doing the character posing for each panel. Fun gig and work-in-progress. No deadlines or pressure. Muchos cool-os!

2….for a plastic surgeon providing medical illustrations for several of his industry's print media. I'm drawing finger-tendon reconstruction at the moment, not that that sounds interesting to anyone here, lol. He provides me with really grotesque photos of operations while I translate them into eye-friendly illustrations. He also lets me in on some of the operations while he performs them (because he knows I have a strong stomach).

Past vocational exploits includes (in random order): Security, tech support agent at a call centre, lots of blue collar (i.e labor) work in my 20s and 30s (I'm 42 now), animator for a few companies, armour car driver/guard, maintenance worker, ummmmmm…can't remember what else, but I did quite a few things since high school.

NEXT!

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.