Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Comic Talk and General Discussion *
Posted at

Whoa, my first post since the great forum shift… or whatever.

Let's see here.

Male, yup.

Currently aging my way out of my 25th year with all the fury I can muster. Currently I'm teaching Composition at a certain Illinois University as I earn my Master's Degree in American/British Literature (sorry, apparently Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and Ireland just don't hack it). I done drawed and hope to draw a little strip called "Slither and Friends" that got its internet start here on DD back in the Summer of '04. If I weren't so hella busy, I might update!

Uh, not Chinese or anything… just plain ole Caucasian.

That's about it. How'd I do? Did I miss anything?

Posted at

Hello educational cousin, mine's in educational technology and I'm an instructional designer. :)

That sounds very interesting!… but what does being an instructional designer entail?

Posted at

Which would you rather call me by?
And, is anyone here a slacker?

I still prefer myxomatosis just because that is who you were when I appeared 3 or 4 months ago. I don't know this new you, this Terminal. But whatever, I'll get used to it.

I always thought of myself as a slacker but I'm pretty productive for a slacker…

What do you people do for a living?

I'm a bank teller and I hate all you annoying bastards that come up the window before I call you up, are completely unprepared, and throw your driver's license at me. Don't wink at me either. I never understand why people wink at me. It's not even sexual, it's just a conspiratorial wink.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

It's not even sexual, it's just a conspiratorial wink.
Would you prefer a sexual wink?
Myxo is better. Terminal sounds somehow… I dunno… somehow so final.

Ha ha

Posted at

and now my question…
what would you do if you couldnt draw?

What do you people do for a living?

I would explode. Not really, I would probably try to find another outlet. I would work harder to understand programs like 3D Studio or something like that.

I work at an Ice Rink coaching learn to skate hockey, skate guarding, and stuff like that. Although I wouldn't consider it to make a living… Once I get paid, however, I enjoy taking all my money out of my account in forms of ones and fives and throwing them up in the air and dancing a shower of hard earned cash. But not really. …but really.

Question: Who here uses a tablet for lineart?

Rich
Rich
Posted at

Question: Who here uses a tablet for lineart?

I literally CAN NOT use my tablet for inking the lineart on EMD!. The technique I use to ink it is far more efficient when done with a mouse. However, the way I do my backgrounds gives my tablet plenty of use despite the fact it's aweful for lineart.

Also, I occasionally ink drawings in flash using the tablet. Only occasionally though.

Posted at

I use my tablet a lot for line art and other things.

and yes, I slack off at times.

Posted at

I'm a college student now, so I don't really do anything for an living.

Posted at

Hello educational cousin, mine's in educational technology and I'm an instructional designer. :)

That sounds very interesting!… but what does being an instructional designer entail?

It depends on your workplace's definition of instructional designer, haha. :) For most places it means that you're the pedagogical expert on lesson design, etc - start with needs assessment, move to objectives, and then the whole process to ensure that everything links back to those objectives and how well your learners are meeting them. There's other things too, such as knowing how to put together a good assessment (even multiple-choice questions have good ways and bad ways to write them), meeting different learning styles, etc.

My specialty is more in e-learning, so I advise about the pedagogical stuff, and also how that changes in an online setting. There are different concerns with online learning and face-to-face learning. We also get to mess about with new technologies and try to figure out ways to promote 'active learning' (rather than just reading loads of text on a screen and writing loads of text in return). It can get pretty interesting. :)

Also I've just answered RedSlayer's question!

My question: Anyone doing anything interesting this weekend? (If you're doing something boring I don't want to hear about it.) I am going to a used bookstore, and going to wash the walls to prepare for painting them, and going to try to build my own lightbox!

Posted at

My specialty is more in e-learning, so I advise about the pedagogical stuff, and also how that changes in an online setting. There are different concerns with online learning and face-to-face learning. We also get to mess about with new technologies and try to figure out ways to promote 'active learning' (rather than just reading loads of text on a screen and writing loads of text in return). It can get pretty interesting. :)

My question: Anyone doing anything interesting this weekend? (If you're doing something boring I don't want to hear about it.) I am going to a used bookstore, and going to wash the walls to prepare for painting them, and going to try to build my own lightbox!

Then, in a sense, I could say that we are colleagues at some areas (the curriculi and class management and lesson plans- I teach how to do those)! But e-learning sounds very exciting. We had tried to ease teachers into the idea, but here in Greece e-learning is not even in its infancy- one would say it's still embryonic or even a zygote -_-… I would though love to hear more details about what you do and what would be required of a school nowdays (so any URL you can point me towards or anything else, I would be greatful).

And, interesting things to do this weekend: we are going walking and having a picnic right underneath the Acropolis in Athens, looking for some really old cheesy teenager serial stories of the 1950s in a bookstore we discovered last weekend, and celebrating my father's birthday with a scandalously indulgent cake… mwe hehehe!

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.