Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
alwinbot
alwinbot
Posted at

I'm wondering, are the designs silk screened onto shirts?

zaymac
zaymac
Posted at

I'm wondering, are the designs silk screened onto shirts?

As a former screenprinter, I can assure you that they probably aren't s screenprinting.

The time and cost to screenprint a majority of the designs wouldn't be feasible.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Probably right zaymac :)
———————–

OK, I just bought aa mug with one of my things on it, which is a fine test.
So far I've found that:
-When you buy "internationally" you still only have the US states to choose from. You just have to ignore them and choose the "–" option for now.
-You can ONLY pay for stuff on credit card at the moment. Why you can't use paypal to BUY with I don't know- yet.
-I bought a $12 black mug and out of that I "earned" $2.45. That doesn't seem like much to me…?
Maybe the actual mug is really expensive and the printing cost is quite a bit?

Posted at

We're definitely working on being able to pay with paypal, but it was being a little buggy, so we wanted to launch and work it out completely for phase 2.

Winterlegend, PQ me if you're still having problems uploading. You're the first one we've run into that is having difficulty, so we'd love to figure out what that is.

And if anybody is curious about the price list, it's all right here:
http://store.drunkduck.com/member/pricelist. It includes retail prices of what we're getting charged for each piece and exactly what you make on each piece. And that price list is always accessible through your store dashboard or through the FAQ.

Posted at

Oh, and the artist's agreement has been changed, Abt_Nihil. If anybody else has concerns, please address them to me, either in a PQ or here. We're really not trying to steal anyone's creations and happy to make whatever adjustments are necessary to make you feel comfortable using the store. We're hoping it's a win-win for all concerned.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

And if anybody is curious about the price list, it's all right here:
http://store.drunkduck.com/member/pricelist. It includes retail prices of what we're getting charged for each piece and exactly what you make on each piece. And that price list is always accessible through your store dashboard or through the FAQ.
AH, you have to be logged in to see it.

Seems you'll do a lot better if you sell the cheaper things. Hmm There's a bigger profit percentage there.
When marketing your stuff it might be better to promote the small prints and things in preference to the cooler stuff if you want to make more sales.

PIT_FACE
PIT_FACE
Posted at

got some art up and soon there'll be even more!. man, this is fun! now i want to make some money, so if anyone likes my art, go get it!

Posted at

Would it be possible to have a thumbnail of the picture or let the user choose what part of the image is shown instead of the image always being in the center?

It's hard to tell what a lot of things even are from the thumbnails it currently generates.

usedbooks
usedbooks
Posted at

Would it be possible to have a thumbnail of the picture or let the user choose what part of the image is shown instead of the image always being in the center?

It's hard to tell what a lot of things even are from the thumbnails it currently generates.

In firefox, it does show the whole image thumbnailed.

It seems to "zoom in" on part in IE.

I think they already know about that anyway:
NOTE: It is currently recommended that you view the Drunk Duck Store on Firefox or Google Chrome. There is small bug on a couple of browsers, including Safari and Internet Explorer, that is causing the thumbnails to display an inaccurate representation of the actual image.

We are aware of the issue and are working to correct it shortly.

Posted at

I use FireFox =p ver 3.5.8

I meant on the main index to clarify.

Here's what the 1st page looks like to me.

Posted at

We were aware this was going on in IE, which is why we put on the front page that the store is best viewed in browsers other than IE. We're working on it.

Posted at

Regardless since the images need to be "generic" so as to go onto a large number of products and then adjusted by the buyer to be optimized on an item that capacity to make a thumbnail in some form would be useful in making products as attractive to potential customers as possible. Cramming a whole cast poster, for example, into a thumbnail might or might not really do the whole justice depending on the composition and what shrinking did to it.

Posted at

I didn't realize my FireFox was out of date. It normally tells me >:-(
That fixed the problem ^_^

Would be nice for a "edit" image function as well.
I keep having to delete to find out what sizes/dpis I should use for my images. I guess by default you'd want a lot of blank space around the edges so it can be cropped correctly. Since you can't zoom out.

Now to increase my collection of Signifikat and Used books apparel =D

Didn't see any Cwen's Quest yet *shakes fist*

Posted at

We were aware this was going on in IE, which is why we put on the front page that the store is best viewed in browsers other than IE. We're working on it.
runs "fine" on my comp and I got IE. By fine I mean as bad as it usually does. but no worse.

Posted at

One of our next updates we have planned is to allow creators to create custom merchandise. Meaning you'll be able to upload a piece of art you create for a specific product and highlight that on your own art page. Editing the thumbnails is something we'll have to look into. I'm a little worried that it will make the home page look crazy if we allow a bunch of different size thumbnails. We'll look into it, though.

Posted at

I wouldn't worry about the sizes. Just tell users that their thumbnails must be X x X size. Like the thumbnails on DD (though here we can go smaller, but that's beside the point =p)

Posted at

I wouldn't worry about the sizes. Just tell users that their thumbnails must be X x X size. Like the thumbnails on DD (though here we can go smaller, but that's beside the point =p)

&

Didn't see any Cwen's Quest yet *shakes fist*

JNP has the right of it. They can be a static size as long as we can customize what the thumbnail shows within that size just like our comics' thumbnails.

And actually Cwen's single available item is the first one listed in fantasy. I can't imagine why no one has bought it yet.

Posted at

Would be nice for a "edit" image function as well.
I keep having to delete to find out what sizes/dpis I should use for my images. I guess by default you'd want a lot of blank space around the edges so it can be cropped correctly. Since you can't zoom out.
I'm not sure what you're describing here. You can edit an image's information in your portfolio, if you want to edit the image you need to upload a new one so it goes through the approval process again. That way people can't be sneaky.

It does say on the upload page that you should use 150-300dpi though.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.