Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Posted at

Hey, the store looks great! However, it's not letting me log in :( I put my DD information in there, but it's saying it can't find me…

If it's your first time logging in, you actually need to Register rather than Log In. There's an option on there to link up to your DD account.

lba
lba
Posted at

The issue with it refusing an image, claiming you haven't entered in info for the image is something I ran into it messing around with the store in beta. The way I solved it was by saving it as a different basic file type like a jpeg. I thought I'd sent a PQ to Oz about it with my solution, but I might have neglected it while working on other things.

If you're worried about quality loss a png will work fine, but you really don't need layers, and a TIFF is typically way too file-size intensive for people to be uploading a couple hundred of them at any given time.

Posted at

I'm not sure what you're describing here. You can edit an image's information in your portfolio, if you want to edit the image you need to upload a new one so it goes through the approval process again. That way people can't be sneaky.

It does say on the upload page that you should use 150-300dpi though.

I thought about that after wards. About ppl being sneaky and editing in bad things.

1st time I uploaded at 300dpi. It said the resolution was too small for the 12x18 poster. So I uploaded a 600dpi version. But this time I noticed that you want to leave buffer space around the edges because you can only zoom in with the editor and not out.

So I had to upload again. But it still says that my image isn't the correct resolution for the poster. Though the latest image I uploaded is. I guess the pictures have to be a certain height as well for that poster option?

I think it should tell people it would be in their better interest to add extra room for cropping purposes. Or have some nice template sizes for the different items? Obviously taller images are more fit to certain items than wider and vice versa.

PIT_FACE
PIT_FACE
Posted at

Forgot to say that I actually quite like the system at the moment. It's pretty well organized and I need a Bonsey t-shirt from PIT_FACE.

:D well man, i've been uploading like fuckin crazy, but if there's anything specific ya got in mind lemme know and i'll make it!

PIT_FACE
PIT_FACE
Posted at

I use FireFox =p ver 3.5.8

I meant on the main index to clarify.

Here's what the 1st page looks like to me.

that's how it looks to me too and i even loaded it on mozilla. no change.

lba
lba
Posted at

Try upgrading firefox Pit. It's perfectly fine on mine and I've got the latest version.

I think it should tell people it would be in their better interest to add extra room for cropping purposes. Or have some nice template sizes for the different items? Obviously taller images are more fit to certain items than wider and vice versa.

Most of the items in the store have their size in the drop-down menu. So long as you make the artwork proportional to that size, there should be no need for a template. For those that don't most of them are items that you can play with the image size a lot before you're in trouble.

I agree that people should always add bleed, no questions. You can always crop, but it's impossible to add to an image once it's complete and uploaded unless you want to redo the image and re-upload.

Posted at

1st time I uploaded at 300dpi. It said the resolution was too small for the 12x18 poster. So I uploaded a 600dpi version. But this time I noticed that you want to leave buffer space around the edges because you can only zoom in with the editor and not out.
This is probably related to something we've brought up with Platinum. Apparently on the store side, every image uploaded is optimized in some way (maybe to meet EZPrints requirements?) so there reaches a point where uploading a higher dpi is useless. It does mean however that the 12x18 prints are difficult to get, I think because the optimization optimizes based on the assumption that most people aren't drawing larger than 11x14… which is a bit silly nowadays, since digital art isn't restricted by paper size.

I'm not sure what the magic formula is that lets you get those 12x18 prints, but lba may be right in that it's proper proportions or something….

Posted at

I was thinking that maybe the site alters the resolution on it's end. It seemed that the amount of zoom I could use on the 300dpi and the 600 were the same but I couldn't remember for sure.

I ordered 2 15oz mugs and the key chain. I'll let everyone know how they look and how long they take to get here. I ordered yesterday.

Shipping seemed a tad high for such items. Almost $9.00

EDIT: More future things that might be nice to add in when possible:
Being able to save your shipping/paying details to your account.

Getting a discount on your own items. I know I'll get the $$$ back through paypal later, but it'd be a lot more convenient to not have to worry about losing the cash right up front.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Shipping seemed a tad high for such items. Almost $9.00
Ha! When I bought my mug I had the option of paying $11.90, $35.85, or $59.85!

This is to Australia mind you, but $59.85 for a new printed mug?
I get heavy, unusually shaped valuable antique stuff from e-bay all the time from the UK, Canada, and the states and nothing the size and weight of a mug ever costs that much to ship. The most expensive prices I've paid in shipping was for fur jackets from Canada, a sabre sword and a Chinese fighter pilot helmet from mainland China. :)

From discussions with Plat staff though I know there is a problem with EZprint's shipping calculator when you get results for the international prices (you get 4 results instead of two). So the high costs I got could be due to something to do with that, or maybe not. I'm not sure at this stage

Posted at

Maybe the high shipping costs are to deter abuse.

It really put our plan of buying the same thing from each other over and over again to stay in the most popular section to a halt XD

I still can't believe you wouldn't pay the $50 each time to help me get there and stay there. Some friend you are!!! >:-(

DAJB
DAJB
Posted at

The most expensive prices I've paid in shipping was for fur jackets from Canada, a sabre sword and a Chinese fighter pilot helmet from mainland China. :)
I can just see you wearing all three together! In fact, that combination should probably be the official uniform for all the mods and admins! ;-)

Okay, back on topic: From my (admittedly very limited) experience, the cost of items from a fulfillment house like this is always high, presumably because of the "one-off" nature of each order. It's similar to making the actual comic available through a Print on Demand service: wonderfully cheap for the creator but, sadly, quite expensive for the buyer.

And adding international postage to that cost will usually make it very expensive for anyone outside the country of the fulfillment house itself. But, hey - a mug of your favourite DD comic is worth $50 of anyone's money, surely?!

zaymac
zaymac
Posted at

In regards to the shipping, I bought a mug and it gave me an expedited and non expedited shipping option, however they were both listed as the same price. So I just chose the expedited option. Is this a bug to get everyone choose the expedited option?:)

Posted at

Shipping is a pain in the butt to get figured out. I think maybe the reason places like Zazzle's prices are so high is because they are covering for the variance in shipping expenses, but I don't really know. If shipping is determined by weight, then prints and such shouldn't be that expensive. Mugs and things are a bit more weighty, so I could see how that spikes up.

What is it being shipped through, btw? I am not to fond of UPS.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

fur jackets from Canada, a sabre sword and a Chinese fighter pilot helmet from mainland China. :)
I can just see you wearing all three together! In fact, that combination should probably be the official uniform for all the mods and admins! ;-)
So shall it be done!
Maybe the high shipping costs are to deter abuse.
Naw. The bestseller system isn't automatic. But if It worked that way, abuse attempts would be hilarious ^___^
I still can't believe you wouldn't pay the $50 each time to help me get there and stay there. Some friend you are!!! >:-(
lol!
Is this a bug to get everyone choose the expedited option?:)
That's part of the bug I mentioned I'd say.
What is it being shipped through, btw? I am not to fond of UPS.
It's all listed on the shipping page… It's in my e-mail but I don't have access to that right now. -_-

Yep, prints on paper and stuff are definitely the way to go!

Posted at

The box for sale is a small (6x6 inch?) wooden keepsake box. It is wood-coloured. The art goes into a square panel on the top.

If you're asking about shipping boxes, I am sure they will put a medium sized object inside a medium sized box, but it probably won't be red, because whoever heard of a red box? And what kind of person would want one?

:)

Posted at

Hey guys, this looks great! I'm definitely gonna start using this, good stuff ;D Couple questions, I think this is the place to post them but if not my apologies! Regarding sizing, can we get a womens' babydoll option in there? I think the majority of my fanbase is female from last count/poll I did offsite so that'd be a major plus for me. Also, hoodies! Hoodies are rad, I'd be so much more likely to buy hoodies for a comic I like than a shirt - esp. in guy sizes :(

I realise it's still early days though, so sorry if this seems like I'm nagging! <3 you guys!

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Hopefully in future we'll have different colourer T-shirts, as well as a babydoll and hoodie styles because there seems to be a lot of demand for it, but none for a while yet, sorry. :(

zaymac
zaymac
Posted at

Hey guys, I already got my mug that I ordered last Wednesday. That was fast! I took a couple pics just to give everyone an idea of the quality (although my pics didn't come out the greatest):).

and

Overall I'm pretty pleased with the quality and quickness of the service so far. I would definitely use them again. :)

Kroatz
Kroatz
Posted at

Those look awesome!
I'd like to see a lot more products, everyone that got something in please post ur pics!

Posted at

Just got my mugs and key tag today too. Might have had them yesterday but didn't check the mail yesterday.

For a brief moment I thought they forgot the key tag. But it was inside one of the cups =p

Going to be placing more orders soon. Good quality and fast. A very nice start!

KAM
KAM
Posted at

Looking at different things in the store it appears that art that is too big for a product will be cropped rather than shrunk to fit.

Can we get a list of sizes to do art for some of these smaller things?

In particular I drew a pic that I think would look good on the playing cards & I'd like to know how big to make the final size so it doesn't get parts chopped off.

Posted at

Most (all?) tell you the dimensions. Be sure to put plenty of cropping room too. Just in case.

KAM
KAM
Posted at

Well. JustNoPoint, I could not find any art sizes listed for

Mouse Pad
Mugs
Shirts
Tote Bags
Coasters
Key Tags
Playing Cards

Was I looking in the wrong spots?

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.