Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Posted at

Nope. Those particular items seem to not tell the dimensions. Mostly annoying with the mug as it has a long area that you can use. But you'd have to test a lot to use up most of that area.

I think the rest are fine as long as they are in square sizes. Nothing particularly wide one way or another.

Posted at

Looking at different things in the store it appears that art that is too big for a product will be cropped rather than shrunk to fit.

You can zoom in/out on the art with the art tool, so it isn't necessarily cropped. However, if the art isn't the right dimensions (as you guys have mentioned) then you will either end up with a crop or a 'blank' space, yeah.

DAJB
DAJB
Posted at

Well. JustNoPoint, I could not find any art sizes listed for

Mouse Pad
Mugs
Shirts
Tote Bags
Coasters
Key Tags
Playing Cards

Was I looking in the wrong spots?
Dimensions for these items would definitely be helpful.

It seems that, for most items, anything square is fine but images for playing cards, for example, should be taller than they are wide (1.5:1 maybe?)

This would be even more helpful for the mugs. Since the image can wrap around the mug, images can be wider than they are tall. I'd guess the dimensions should be approx. 3:1, but some kind of guidance would be very helpful.

elmatto
elmatto
Posted at

I must admit this is pretty cool.
I don't think I'll ever make any money, but it's a nice alternative form of income to try.

elektro
elektro
Posted at

I'm having a little problem when it comes to the store.

I checked my store's revenue/profit, and it says $5 for the two things purchased from it so far. Fine and well, but my Paypal balance remains at $0. Does the money from the purchases go into the actual account at the end of the month, or is something screwy going on here? P.S. I checked the Paypal email and the email used for the store, and they are the same, so I'm not sure what's going on.

Posted at

It's at the end of the month. The process isn't fully automated so it all needs to be finished by hand. :] I think in the documentation somewhere it says that.

TheMidge28
TheMidge28
Posted at

Hey guys, I already got my mug that I ordered last Wednesday. That was fast! I took a couple pics just to give everyone an idea of the quality (although my pics didn't come out the greatest):).

and

Overall I'm pretty pleased with the quality and quickness of the service so far. I would definitely use them again. :)
Those looks freakin's sweet!
I gots get me one of those!

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

What's the proper amount of time to wait before complaining about not receiving an order?
I dunno. I bought a mug before any of these guys and still haven't received it. :(

I've just been putting it down to a possible error in the shipping calculation and also the shipping time to Australia, but you never know.

zaymac
zaymac
Posted at

I would assume it was the whole outta the country thing. Because I'm in the U.S. and ordered it on a Wed. and received it on the following Monday. Sorry guys. :(

KAM
KAM
Posted at

I live in the US too so I thought mine would arrive about as quick as yours.

When I ordered a time period was given to wait before assuming something had gone wrong, but I forgot what it was & that info was not included in the email or the Store FAQs.

Red Slayer
Red Slayer
Posted at

What's the proper amount of time to wait before complaining about not receiving an order?
I dunno. I bought a mug before any of these guys and still haven't received it. :(

I've just been putting it down to a possible error in the shipping calculation and also the shipping time to Australia, but you never know.
Perhaps the messenger got mugged.

Posted at

There should be some contact addresses on the site, I know at least that the general inquiries one is manned by a real person. :]

That's odd that you don't get a tracking number or anything for shipping to Australia. I bet they sent it by boat and it will take 3 months. T_T

Posted at

I seem to be having trouble ordering 3 items at a time. Is there a limit to how much you can order?

A sneaky way of preventing me from getting the DD mug is what this is >:-(

Posted at

Sorry i didn't see this sooner!

I'm not sure, I wouldn't think there is a limit… I can pass it on to the store person though, maybe they will know?

Posted at

Thanks a lot skool ^_^

Seems there was a bug when trying to order 2 mugs and a shirt. I guess… Come to think of it I had ordered 2 mugs and a key chain before hand so I should have known there wasn't a 2 item cap. Forgot about the key chain picture XD

Anyway the order went through this time! My DD favorites mug collection is growing ^_^

Posted at

No problem. :] Apparently it had something to do with ordering 2 items of the same type. Not sure how you were able to order 2 mugs before, unless they were different sizes or black and white or something.

I just want to add here that the 'contact' form fill out thing on the Store actually does go to a real person, unlike the email addresses here on DD, so I'd encourage anyone with a question or issue to use that form. :]

Posted at

Are there any plans for variety in shirt color?

Also, am I allowed to upload designs I already have on a site like Zazzle?

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Are there any plans for variety in shirt color?
Eventually.
Also, am I allowed to upload designs I already have on a site like Zazzle?
Of course.

I think the system is set up so it works best with designs that can go on almost anything though, not optimised for one product. Seems way too general to me, but that's how it is.

Posted at

Yeah a lot of the designs seem to be made for portrait whereas I think a lot of people prefer to draw products in landscape. Maybe a rotate ninety degrees option would be nice for the prints since it really doesn't matter which way is up on them.

EDIT: Oh wait there is one I'm stupid. It still cuts off though.

elektro
elektro
Posted at

So, I checked my Paypal balance and…still nothing. I wonder what the problem is, especially since I've never really used the Paypal account at all until recently for the store.

KAM
KAM
Posted at

Finally heard back. It seems my order didn't go through.

Yeahhhhhh… there's a bug I hope gets fixed.

Guess this means my art will drop off the Best Sellers list until I order again. (Rather amusing that with only one order my pic was number two on that list.)

Lonnehart
Lonnehart
Posted at

I'm glad I decided to wait before trying this out. I'll dive into this store thing once all the
bugs have all been disinfected from the system. :)

zaymac
zaymac
Posted at

So, I checked my Paypal balance and…still nothing. I wonder what the problem is, especially since I've never really used the Paypal account at all until recently for the store.

Just give it a bit longer. I just received my payment through Paypal last week. It takes awhile I think.

Lonnehart
Lonnehart
Posted at

Well… went and did it. Got a Paypal account and then an account at the store. All that's left now
is to draw some artwork… Not sure what people would want though…

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.