Posted at

I downloaded my faves from youtube-
-Billie Jean
-Rock with You
-Thriller
-The Way You Make Me Feel
-Don't Stop Till You Get Enough

Posted at

Oh man… granting this guy a title is hard.

HyenaHell
HyenaHell
Posted at

I downloaded my faves from youtube-
-Billie Jean
-Rock with You
-Thriller
-The Way You Make Me Feel
-Don't Stop Till You Get Enough
Mine:
Bad
Beat it
Smooth Criminal
Thriller
Billie Jean
The way you make me feel

Posted at

I was never a fan of Michael. But I knew people who were.
But i'm a little shocked with how sudden MJ's death was. I didn't like the guy, but i'd been hearing the news about him having a comeback tour, and no news of him being in bad health. And at 50 too. Seems kind of young.
I'll defiantly be keeping an eye on further news about this, but only because I find celebrity fans immensely interesting. For some reason.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

I liked "Bad" when it came out, just for his costume. But I had that on a mixtape with a lotta other songs I liked and it got old FAST with a lot of replaying. Too much gasping and stuff.

HyenaHell
HyenaHell
Posted at

I liked "Bad" when it came out, just for his costume. But I had that on a mixtape with a lotta other songs I liked and it got old FAST with a lot of replaying. Too much gasping and stuff.
OHMYGOD if I was 20 lbs thinner, and 10.000 richer, I'd totally dress like 80's Michael Jackson- with the bondage pants and the leather jackets and like, 10 belts… Man has style.

I forgot
Man in the Mirror, by the way.

Posted at

Guys, this page might make it easier to pick an honorific that hasn't been taken (although MJ is already on there a couple times)

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

I'd totally dress like 80's Michael Jackson
That costume was almost too cool for reality.
Guys, this page might make it easier to pick an honorific that hasn't been taken (although MJ is already on there a couple times)
How did you even know of the existence of such a thing? o_O

Posted at

Michael Jackson will always be the Warlock of Pop and the Master of the Moonwalk in my heart.

I remember being almost obsessed with him when I was about 8-10 years old. I only listened to him and Weird Al, oddly enough.

I remember when they released the Scream video, MTV was having a huge contest with all the guitars from the video as prizes and I spent all day by the phone trying to win one. I think my mom thought it was funny, but she was a big fan of him.

bravo1102
bravo1102
Posted at

Prince is Prince

Michael Jackson is the King (or prince) of pop

Elvis is the King of Rock and Roll

Duke Ellington is a duke among musicians.

There will always only be ONE Duke:

You walk into a room of people and talk about the Duke it's always John Wayne. Period, the end.

When you say Iron Duke there's only one person:

You have to be specific with the wording so the unenlightened understand just who the heck you're talking about. :)

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

When you say Iron Duke
And I always think of

…I didn't sound as good as MJ though :(

bravo1102
bravo1102
Posted at

That's why I specified "person"

I listen to "The best hits of the 60's, 70's and 80's on the Jersey Shore" all weekend so I've been hearing a lot of Michael Jackson lately. What a great musician. I was looking forward to his come back and hopefully a new album. :(

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Ships ARE people! >.<

Jackson's music after the late 80s = "Ugh, uh, UH, uh, uh uh, OW!"
Personally, I think he would've done better if he concentrated on dancing. that was his true gift. He even sings like a dancer.

HyenaHell
HyenaHell
Posted at

Ships ARE people! >.<

Jackson's music after the late 80s = "Ugh, uh, UH, uh, uh uh, OW!"
Personally, I think he would've done better if he concentrated on dancing. that was his true gift. He even sings like a dancer.
Of course ships are people! That's why they have names.

Michael Jackson used to get all facsist and fire backup dancers like whoa, on account of none of them were even close to as good as he was; he did all his own choreography. My partner insists he's the best entertainer of all time.

Hawk
Hawk
Posted at

You know, I LOVED Thriller when I was five. I rented its video from the video store several times at that age. I can't really say I've been a fan, other than that. I'm honestly a bit sad we've lost him, though. Strange as the guy was, he was interesting. And some of the things he did warrant a bit of respect.

Posted at

Oh man. Ooooh, man.

This is still surreal for me. I'm not sure it's sunk in just yet, especially because of the disconnect I had with MJ over recent years (Whether or not he was innocent, it was hard watching him (literally) fall apart on camera).

He was a major figure in my youth. He was a very talented man, amazingly gifted with song and dance, and he helped define the culture for at LEAST one whole generation, if not more. I still have my favorite songs of his on a mix CD. Thriller really spooked me as a child, if only for the last bit at the end where he whips around with the yellow eyes, and Vincent Price is laughing darkly over it. (It also inspired me a lot later on, heh).

He was a strange man, and when that got dragged into broad daylight and laughed at, you could see him shattering. He was a tender-hearted man, if eccentric, and it clearly appalled him to see the media (and fan) treatment of celebrities, especially when he was at the center of it.

My feelings on the man are mixed. But, I'll say this, a major part of my childhood is now officially gone. May he finally get some peace from the circus his life became.

Posted at

How did you even know of the existence of such a thing? o_O
I googled 'rock music honorific' :] There's pretty much a wiki page for everything now. The internet is amazing.

Of course ships are people! That's why they have names.
They all have female names. So it depends on whether you think women are people.

Apparently, the doctor who was with Jackson when he died and first tried to revive him has gone walkies. The same doctor apparently also gave him strong painkillers. His car was the one they towed from the property and they find it very suspicious that he didn't sign a death certificate. (Although they were still trying to revive him for an hour even at the hospital, so maybe that was just optimism.) At any rate if MJ died from drug complications, you can bet his creditors are going to be all over that doctor's ass. It would be pretty crummy to be known as the guy who accidentally killed Michael Jackson.

TheMidge28
TheMidge28
Posted at

What made this strange for me 2-3 days ago, if I remember right… on Chelsea Lately… they had mentioned a news bit that Lou Ferrigno was training Michael Jackson to get him in shape for his upcoming tour. I thought it was funny then when I heard it, but it shocked me more when Jackson died.
What training regimen did he put him on?
What did Lou do?
Was Michael saying "I can't do it! I can't do it! My chest hurts!"
And Lou was like… "Huh?"
Michael screeched, "I Can't Do It! I have to stop! My heart hurts!"
And Lou was like… "Huh?"

(For the kids who don't know who Lou Ferrigno is was a body builder who played The Incredible Hulk on TV and he's deaf.)

Maybe he was juicing…

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

The internet is amazing.
True.
I should've realised. ^__^
So it depends on whether you think women are people.
No. Only ships.
It would be pretty crummy to be known as the guy who accidentally killed Michael Jackson.
That was no accident. That was moider!
-Quincy MD

If I made a bungle like that, I'd probably bolt too. it'd be hard to think rationally after that :(

———
Actually, no I wouldn't. I really am just too rational. But I can understand that he may have felt that way.

NickGuy
NickGuy
Posted at

They all have female names. So it depends on whether you think women are people.

oh man, that is like a fastball down the middle…im not even swinging on purpose

Walrus
Walrus
Posted at

It's hard to bring MJ up without mentioning pedophiles, that title defines him almost as much as 'king of pop', despite crocty thinking that you need a guilty verdict to be one.
No…Just if you're found innocent of a crime, chances are you're innocent.
Maybe he's not, but we can't really say because we don't know, and it's really not relevant in the slightest.

That's like Saying OJ "The Juice" Simpson is innocent just because he was found not guilty. We all know he did it, he got away with it. Who's to say it can't happen again?

Posted at

1.) Elvis= The King
2.) Lisa Marie Presley= princess?
3.) Michael Jackson marries LMP;
4.) MJ becomes prince?
5.) Prince, sensing defeat, becomes the Artist formerly known as Prince.

wow, I've been listening to MJ all day. Today marks the longest I've ever (or ever will, most likely) watched BET. They were showing his videos!! "Don't stop till you get enough"… awsm.

I wasn't around for Thriller and Bad, but I *was* aware of them (and the weird al yankovich parodies… "Eat it" and "Fat" were funny…)
And his 90s songs just ENCAPSULATE my early childhood.

Ex:
You are not alone
the free willy theme song
Black or White

;)

tea_green
tea_green
Posted at

I'm gonna start this off with a bit of a rant.

La Toya was one of the first siblings present at Reagan-UCLA Medical Center on June 25, 2009 after her brother Michael Jackson was pronounced dead after suffering cardiac arrest.

Where does La Toya get off acting like she was the sister of the year. After her Playboy stint and telling anyone who would listen that her brother was a pedo she has some nerve acting like things are just fine. I don't think she had a right to be there. You'd think she was waiting for it or something. Sure she said that her abusive husband forced her to say those things but I think that's bull. Janet stuck by Michael and she was the one who kept trying to be in the spotlight. Janet only appeared at her brother's side when he needed support. I'm sure Rebbie was there somewhere but I've forgotten what she even looks like. So, screw you La Toya. Two-faced jerk.

In 1997, she ended her estrangement with the entire Jackson family.

She ended it. Ah well, I guess anyone can forgive when it's your sister….

As for the whole molestation thing, I'm kinda on the fence about it. When the other trials came around, I was getting mad at the parents. Why did they keep sending their kids to his house? I felt that the parents should have been charged with child endangerment or something. If they were going to put MJ on trial then the parents should have gone too. Nobody really even tried to help Michael adjust either. No one got him therapy, no one introduced him to older people and encouraged him to hang out with adults. Everyone listens to somebody and the people that Michael was listening to obviously didn't seem to care.

I'm dissapointed that there aren't gonna be anymore collaberations between Michael and Janet. I felt that they were both equally talented and "Scream" is one of my favorite tracks from either one of them. I feel that at least he's at peace now though I do say that things feel a bit empty realizing that he's gone. First David Carradine and now Jacko. WHY MUST EVERYTHING I LOVE BE TAKEN FROM ME?!?

He had some good songs though but honestly, growing up I thought he was a girl. Then I realized he was a man and had a weird crush on him but whatever. I will now express my devotion by downloading his entire discography off PirateBay. lol, I joke, I joke…>_>

seventy2
seventy2
Posted at

RIP Billy Mays

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.